I have my contacts in Outlook separated into different groups and would like the same in my Blackberry. When I sinc it only gets the main contact group. Can I have the separate contact groups in my Blackberry?
    07-14-10 06:02 PM
    Groups? Do you mean distribution lists? If yes those will not go to your BB on BES or BIS. Do you mean categories? If yes, not sure why that is not working but it is for me. If trying to use categories, did you create a custom category or are you using defaults? To sort them based on Category, you must use "filter". Now if you are trying to use BB Contact Groups, I have not used that but I suspect those will not transfer to Outlook since that is not a MS feature.

Update: I just created a BB Contact Group and did a sync. It did not transfer to Outlook. I suspect this because it is a BB feature and not a MS feature.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by shansmi; 07-14-10 at 11:45 PM.
    07-14-10 11:40 PM
    Outlook calls them "group" under "my contacts", this does not seem to sync with the Blackberry. The Blackberry help talks about multiple contact groups, I tried briefly but could not seem to get anywhere with that. My guess is that it won't sync even if I can separate in the BB. Thanks
    07-20-10 12:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD