but now I hate it I purchased a BB 9900 back in the spring and I have never owned a more horrific phone

I'm tired of the 4 battery pulls a day. the constant jamming and freezing. the weird random battery suck and drain that happens for no reason now my alarm has stopped working and I've not been able to receive emails for the past 48 hours.

at this point I'm either forced to live with it or at the whim of my service provider and since I've already come to the agreement not spending another dime I'm now forced to perform hours of internet forum searches and diagnostics simply to get my my BB to get it to do what I want it to do.

I have all of 3 apps WhatsApp Facebook and Foursquare. I'm running the latest OS 7.1.0 bundle 921 I'd like to try a wipe and re-install of everything however I'm unable to backup or sync to my Desktop as the BB desktop freezes halfway through the process.

so where do I go with this now? I've got a phone that is less than a year old that will not even perform the basic data functions simply because ..... I'm embarrassed to be a Canadian simply because Blackberry has built such a POS
    10-16-12 10:20 AM
    You must have done somebody wrong. Millions of users have perfectly functioning Blackberrys. You could continue to whine or get it replaced with another Blackberry or some other brand if you think that will make you a happy camper.Thanks for sharing though, good luck.
    10-16-12 10:33 AM
    Bumb Newbie..I smell a Troll......
    mscloutier likes this.
    10-16-12 10:36 AM
    I'm curious on what you've done to really fix the issue.

1. Tried another OS?
    2. Tried to delete unused apps?
    3. Memory cleaning?

Sorry to hear you're having issues. However, your single issue with your phone doesn't apply to most others. I'm rocking the Bold 9900 and have been since the summer. Love the phone. It's perfect FOR ME.
    10-16-12 10:38 AM
    Somebody is angry at RIM.

I was facing similar problems with my 9900, i had to keep on doing a battery pull,restart, etc...

I was told that maybe the OS is not the problem instead it could be an app. So i deleted my apps one by one and i deleted an app that was causing the problem.

You said you only have 3 apps, so there has to be another reason why.
    10-16-12 10:45 AM
    Bundle 921 is from last March. What carrier are you on? You can also install a later build from a different carrier following instructions in these forums if a later one isn't available from your carrier.
    10-16-12 10:45 AM
    I love my 9900.
    You should do a software update.
    10-16-12 10:49 AM
    I'm a person who used to absolutely love Blackberry and its products I was a Proud Canadian because of how awesome the RIM was.

Now I'm simply frustrated why am I not able to achieve the simplest of tasks with this phone. I'm looking for Direction help provide me some sort of Simple quick Diagnostic on how i can get my phone back to normal I'm tired of Battery pulls I'm sick of battery drain. how do I restore this back ?

I need some real help here. in my world time is money and I'm not making money trying perhaps you should try to accept a "Newbies" and try to assist them if not perhaps you should take your Rollie Eyes and stick them where the sun does not shine

Thank you for being a asshatt
    10-16-12 10:58 AM
    Hey @kadoogan1... what carrier are you on?!

I get the sense you're in an extremely low coverage area or something that's causing your BB to act up.
    10-16-12 10:59 AM
    Bundle 921 is from last March. What carrier are you on? You can also install a later build from a different carrier following instructions in these forums if a later one isn't available from your carrier.
    Telus

I love my 9900.
    You should do a software update.
    My Software is Up to Date

Finally after the 9th battery pull I have Data and it looks like I'm receiving emails again!
    10-16-12 11:02 AM
    10-16-12 11:08 AM
    Just because Telus hasn't released a newer version doesn't mean it's up to date.
    10-16-12 11:10 AM

Yeah I've done this .
    10-16-12 11:14 AM
    What version of desktop manager are you using?
    10-16-12 11:23 AM
    What version of desktop manager are you using?
    I suspect I need to look at this I'm running the desktop manager on a full version of Windows 8
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-16-12 11:28 AM
    So My Battery problem reared its ugly head on Sunday. I have 3 batteries all brand new and none of them will last longer that 4 hours the phone is freezing and jamming all over the place.

Surely there must be something that can be done?

I don't understand this at all I'm not overly technical and I'm running out of paitents with a Phone that is still under contract for another year.
    03-11-13 11:32 AM
    I hope someone can help you, I have never had the problems you describe. I am getting 1-2 days on my battery and only pull the battery after an install of a beta or new app that I am trying. Has your carrier ever checked out the phone for you?
    03-11-13 02:05 PM
    It sounds like it is an OS version issue. Telus is notoriously slow in rolling updates out. Check out the thread sticked at the top of this forum to find out what the latest OS for the 9900 is. There are also a lot of threads about how to update the OS yourself and I know a lot of posters know how to as well so they can help you out. I have never done an update not sent out by my carrier but it sounds like you are in need of one to be able to use your phone properly.

You could also ask Telus if/when an update will roll out for the 9900 but speaking from experience they usually don't know or are very non committal about it.
    03-11-13 02:06 PM
    To me it sounds like a memory problem, or application problem. Options/Device/application management or application resource monitor. But nice to know that you went from 10/16/2012 to present with few problems.
    03-11-13 03:17 PM
    User error. Phone is probably not up to date as well. And a seasoned BB user who doesn't know these things?

Plenty of time to moan though.
    03-11-13 06:53 PM
    hold the blackberry key and check to see which apps are running in the background.
    03-12-13 03:25 PM
    Exactly !
    When i had the same probs , blackberry center just said ok , delete whatsapp...
    For me that made everything working back to normal.
    Never used it again on my bold.

Somebody is angry at RIM.

I was facing similar problems with my 9900, i had to keep on doing a battery pull,restart, etc...

I was told that maybe the OS is not the problem instead it could be an app. So i deleted my apps one by one and i deleted an app that was causing the problem.

You said you only have 3 apps, so there has to be another reason why.
    03-12-13 03:31 PM
    Do you have an SD card installed in your phone. If so you can back up your data under device switch in Setup. Then you can proceed to wipe the phone.
    03-12-13 07:31 PM
    I too have had Blackberry phones for a few years. Two months ago I upgraded to a 9900 and it has constantly lost its signal only saying SOS in red where the signal strength should be. I have been unable to get the signal back on again via settings in the phone and a battery pull was the only way to restore it. It has happened about 3 times a week since new and this week I returned it back to the dealer who has sent it away for repair. I do hope it gets sorted as I love the handset but cannot keep watching for missing signal all the time. It was first noticed when the battery seemed to last a long time. I saw there were no emails or other alerts coming in and had to investigate why. Back to my old faithful 9105 at the mo while Bold is away.
    03-13-13 09:30 AM
    I too have had Blackberry phones for a few years. Two months ago I upgraded to a 9900 and it has constantly lost its signal only saying SOS in red where the signal strength should be. I have been unable to get the signal back on again via settings in the phone and a battery pull was the only way to restore it. It has happened about 3 times a week since new and this week I returned it back to the dealer who has sent it away for repair. I do hope it gets sorted as I love the handset but cannot keep watching for missing signal all the time. It was first noticed when the battery seemed to last a long time. I saw there were no emails or other alerts coming in and had to investigate why. Back to my old faithful 9105 at the mo while Bold is away.
    There was a thread a while back that some of the SOS problems can be related to the version/technology of the SIM card. If you have had the same SIM for a number of years, try asking for a newer generation SIM. I did that and I don't see that SOS problem much any more.
    03-13-13 12:14 PM
34 12