have an ATT bold (new jersey). Arrived in Germany today, turned on my phone and not getting ANY mobile networks out here (they have vodafone, o2, t-mobile). Bold searches but ends up on sos!! WTF? I thought this is a world phone??!!

Granted I dont have this bold unlocked nor am I intending on using a local sim card. I was just under the impression I would pick up a local carrier out here and would just pay roaming charges.

Also, anyone have problems connecting to wifi networks overseas? Usually a no brainer at home and also had no problem in presidents club at Newark Liberty airport. But here? bold recognizes open wifi networks registers name of wifi, but it cant establish IP address and I am left with a greyed out wifi symbol...

Help!!!! anybody.....thanks.
    07-19-09 10:50 AM
    Most carriers, tired of having to refund roaming charges from people who don't check the pricing, disable international roaming by default. If you can get in touch with AT&T they can enable it on your account (obviously this is much easier before you leave). This is typically free, but there are also International Roaming plans that can save money if you'll be overseas frequently.
    07-19-09 10:54 AM
    I believe with AT&T you have to have international roaming on your account.
    07-19-09 10:55 AM
    I had the same problem when I went to Brazil but since my phone is unlocked I Just got a local sim card when I got back called att and was told that my international roaming was disabled

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 11:46 AM
    I've got an o2 - de Bold and since there is only the Bold GSM Version I think your roaming is disabled. So call ATT and tell them to enable raoming for you. But be carefull data raoming is really expensive. If you want to stay in touch go to the next Supermarket and buy a Congster Prepaid Sim(the best in my opinion) and every MB is about 24 cent.
    07-19-09 12:00 PM
    Yes, at&t must open Int roaming on your acct for your device to work. I had the same problem with them a few years back.
    07-19-09 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD