It is flashing red and not turning on.

Could someone send me the link to un bricking it?
    04-19-09 04:17 PM
    sounds like your battery is completely dead
    did you have it plugged into your PC while your PC went into hibernate?
    what was the last thing you did with your phone before this happened?
    04-19-09 04:22 PM
    Yep it is bricked. Not sure what you were doing to get it bricked. I was upgrading my OS when it happened to me, this thread helped me:

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    04-19-09 04:22 PM
    Yep it is bricked. Not sure what you were doing to get it bricked. I was upgrading my OS when it happened to me, this thread helped me:

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    also happens when you plug your phone into a pc that goes into hibernate...it drains your battery completely in a few mins....would be nice if he/she said what they were doing before this happened
    04-19-09 04:25 PM
    It got unpluged from my PC while I was updating my OS.
    04-19-09 04:26 PM
    sounds like your battery is completely dead
    did you have it plugged into your PC while your PC went into hibernate?
    Happened to me before... Freaked me out!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-09 04:31 PM
    It got unpluged from my PC while I was updating my OS.
    see would have been nice if we knew that beforehand
    just close DM restart your PC start DM plug your BB into your PC and it will start over
    if that doesnt work come back and i will steer you in the right direction
    04-19-09 04:35 PM
    see would have been nice if we knew that beforehand
    just close DM restart your PC start DM plug your BB into your PC and it will start over
    if that doesnt work come back and i will steer you in the right direction
    Thanks, gonna try that right now.
    04-19-09 04:42 PM
    My phone didn't show up on DM when I plugged it in.
    04-19-09 04:49 PM
    Is it already backed up? I recommend the following two steps:
    1. Install and run JL_Cmder and choose the option to wipe the phone. This will get rid of any partial installation that may have been interrupted when you came unplugged.
    2. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\ and run Loader.exe. This seems to find BBs connected to your computer even if DM can't, and will let you install your OS.
    Optionally, you can run CrackMem in between those steps to help get rid of anything you don't want in your OS, and don't forget to delete vendor.xml if you're using an OS that didn't come from your vendor (if you haven't already deleted it). You should be fine. Good luck and report back.
    Last edited by digitalb0y; 04-19-09 at 05:04 PM.
    04-19-09 05:02 PM
    ok follow along now
    close DM and plug your BB into your PC
    navigate to

computer
    local disk C
    program files
    common files
    research in motion
    apploader
    double click on loader
    follow the instructions and your OS should load
    if that doesnt work come on back
    04-19-09 05:03 PM
    I need an account at that website to DL the JL Cmder link you posted.
    04-19-09 05:04 PM
    you dont HAVE to wipe.....
    try what i posted and as a last resort wipe and all the added stuff
    if you do want to wipe just install crackmem and follow the instructions..it will wipe along with delete some ATT bloatware
    04-19-09 05:05 PM
    I need an account at that website to DL the JL Cmder link you posted.
    Who doesn't have an account at BlackBerry Forums?!?!?!? Just kidding. PM me an email address and I'll send you a copy.
    Also, there's a wipe function in CrackMem if you'd rather just use tht.

you dont HAVE to wipe.....
    try what i posted and as a last resort wipe and all the added stuff
    True, but it takes almost no time to wipe and ensures that any partial install is undone.
    04-19-09 05:06 PM
    ok follow along now
    close DM and plug your BB into your PC
    navigate to

computer
    local disk C
    program files
    common files
    research in motion
    apploader
    double click on loader
    follow the instructions and your OS should load
    if that doesnt work come on back
    The BB doesn't show up when I try that.
    04-19-09 05:07 PM
    Download it deom tronyxs site
    www.hookedontronyx.com there is a link to download it in his hosted files tab

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-09 05:08 PM
    The BB doesn't show up when I try that.
    then on to wiping.....click on his link for crackmem which will wipe and load the OS for you...crackmem is right here on this forum
    04-19-09 05:08 PM
    then on to wiping.....click on his link for crackmem which will wipe and load the OS for you...crackmem is right here on this forum
    actually, it may work.

It gave me the option to do it on pin "unknown", and I'm doing it right now.
    04-19-09 05:09 PM
    ooo k
    you should seriously take a look at crackmem regardless...
    makes reloading an OS a breeze no matter what
    04-19-09 05:11 PM
    ooo k
    It's one of those things I've been meaning to do forever, but I just never do it.
    04-19-09 05:14 PM
    It's one of those things I've been meaning to do forever, but I just never do it.
    its a breeze when you want to remove Visual voice mail and voice activated dialling and all that nonsense that nobody seems to use
    04-19-09 05:17 PM
    ooo k
    Agreed. Anything that uses the AppLoader commands is a handy tool to have around, because it can run even if your phone isn't showing up in DM. I sent a copy of JL_Cmder to the OP along with instructions, and noted that CrackMem will also wipe the phone if it can connect to it. I can't remember the last time I installed an OS witout putting it through the CrackMem process first. Much easier to pull stuff you don't want out of the OS that way than going in and deleting .cod files by hand. It's pretty much a must-have for people who ever want to try an OS that didn't com straight from his/her own carrier, and even then as well if you want to remove bloat.
    04-19-09 05:17 PM
    Well, I got it back working, and updated, but sucks that it is back to factory settings.

I have a backup from a while back (which would be better than what I have now) it would be ok to load that on the new OS, right?
    04-19-09 05:21 PM
    yup it is ok..
    you should backup once a week just because...when you tinker with your device like we all do you never know when you will need that backup
    04-19-09 05:24 PM
    If it works well for you, Google Sync is also a good tool for backup access to your contacts when a backup or restore in DM fails. If I don't need all my SMS messages and such, a lot of times I'll just restore my 3rd party apps and sync to Google instead of restoring a previous backup. Some users don't seem to like Google Sync but it's never failed me. I also originally created my contacts list in Gmail, so perhaps that makes a difference.

For what it's worth, I also think manual backups in DM (click advanced instead of backup) are far more reliable than the automatic ones. And the bright side of your situation is that wiping to factory state before installing your OS makes sure everthing is clean. A lot of people don't, but I wipe in between every OS installation and I seem to experience fewer problems with each OS than some report.
    Last edited by digitalb0y; 04-19-09 at 05:30 PM.
    04-19-09 05:27 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD