I had OS6, whichever build was available as of May 20th or so. I changed the password to my email account, so I received a notice to change it through email setup as well. When I went to do this, it told me that there was an update for email setup, so I updated it.

Now, the Blackberry loading bar completes but nothing happens for about five minutes. When it finally loads up, it says Blackberry Platform 4.3.0.438 and it's just a list of all my applications, but nothing really works. I get a bunch of "uncaught exception" errors. When I click on stuff, it says "error starting <app>, module not found."

I tried updating through Desktop Software (I'm on a Mac), but when it did Preparing Applications, it said "aborting install due to validation failure. Some packages contained unsatisfied dependencies."

Anyone have any ideas what to do?
    Last edited by TheInvisbleEnigma; 07-07-11 at 04:01 AM.
    07-07-11 03:51 AM
    I had OS6, whichever build was available as of May 20th or so. I changed the password to my email account, so I received a notice to change it through email setup as well. When I went to do this, it told me that there was an update for email setup, so I updated it.

Now, the Blackberry loading bar completes but nothing happens for about five minutes. When it finally loads up, it says Blackberry Platform 4.3.0.438 and it's just a list of all my applications, but nothing really works. I get a bunch of "uncaught exception" errors. When I click on stuff, it says "error starting <app>, module not found."

I tried updating through Desktop Software (I'm on a Mac), but when it did Preparing Applications, it said "aborting install due to validation failure. Some packages contained unsatisfied dependencies."

Anyone have any ideas what to do?
    Did you resolve this problem?
    Did you delete or shrink any apps off the phone?
    What I would do is back up my contacts, download 6.0.0.600 and run apploader and install a new OS. Sounds like yours is hosed.

Oh and you can't install the new OS on a Mac. Can you borrow a PC or go use someone's? It's not gonna work on your Mac without running a windows simulated environment on it. I have both a PC and a Mac laptop and I never do anything related to my BB on the Mac.
    07-08-11 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD