Well I haven't used my 9700 in a long time but since my new job gave me a sim card, I figured I'd use it as a company phone.

Unfortunately, it doesn't boot up. No matter what. All I get is the red light that comes on and then off after a while.

I've tried every single solution I have found on the internet through:

Using the "loader.exe /nojvm" command - it goes all the way to "Reconnecting to JVM" which then it pops up with being unable to connect to the device. I've already tried the battery pull and shove it in when that message comes up trick.

To trying to use Jl_cmder to wipe the device - which, again, doesn't connect due to a COM port error with code 0x80040001

Even tried BBSAK and that doesn't connect as well. . Still black screen and red LED that teases me saying it's slightly alive.

I thought it might have been the battery but I borrowed my colleagues BB9780 battery which fits fine in my 9700 but still no result.

The weird thing is, when I plug it into my computer and open BBDM, it clearly shows my BBPIN and even asks for my old password, and it does pop up on device manager but then disappears because I assume it's going through a reboot loop.

I'm so annoyed with the amount of work needed to put a BB back to normal with what all the battery pulls and different ways of reloading. No wonder it's been difficult for RIM to get anywhere.

Any help would be absolutely grand!
    08-28-13 02:11 AM
    Well I haven't used my 9700 in a long time but since my new job gave me a sim card, I figured I'd use it as a company phone.

Unfortunately, it doesn't boot up. No matter what. All I get is the red light that comes on and then off after a while.

I've tried every single solution I have found on the internet through:

Using the "loader.exe /nojvm" command - it goes all the way to "Reconnecting to JVM" which then it pops up with being unable to connect to the device. I've already tried the battery pull and shove it in when that message comes up trick.

To trying to use Jl_cmder to wipe the device - which, again, doesn't connect due to a COM port error with code 0x80040001

Even tried BBSAK and that doesn't connect as well. . Still black screen and red LED that teases me saying it's slightly alive.

I thought it might have been the battery but I borrowed my colleagues BB9780 battery which fits fine in my 9700 but still no result.

The weird thing is, when I plug it into my computer and open BBDM, it clearly shows my BBPIN and even asks for my old password, and it does pop up on device manager but then disappears because I assume it's going through a reboot loop.

I'm so annoyed with the amount of work needed to put a BB back to normal with what all the battery pulls and different ways of reloading. No wonder it's been difficult for RIM to get anywhere.

Any help would be absolutely grand!

Aaaaawwww I hope you get it working. I loved my 9700. See if this helps.

http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...ckberry-32322/

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry
    08-28-13 05:14 AM