I love my Bold, but I can't take the problems I'm having with it anymore.

For starters the battery life is pitiful. I can't get a full business day out of it (8-9 hours) without having to recharge.

My 8800 goes for 2 days no problem with my usual usage.

On top of that, my Bold randomly reboots itself. It does this while in the holster, on a call, pretty much whenever it decides to, it reboots. At the moment I would say around twice a day it does this.

I don't know if the 8900 battery life is better, if it is then maybe I'll get one instead, but I'm a bit disappointed in my Bold at the moment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 12:18 PM
    would you like to sell it? lol
    06-04-09 12:26 PM
    What OS are you running? When I had .167 it wouldnt last a day, but with .266 it defintely lasts 2 days, and dosent reboot.
    06-04-09 12:35 PM
    Running .266

06-04-09 12:43 PM
    I purchased a Seidio battery for my Bold, you can find one on their website, battery life is much better now. I had similar reboot issue, stuffed some "spacers" (small scrap of paper) between battery and feaux leather back, this holds the battery in place better, and no more random reboots.
    06-04-09 12:44 PM
    I have had my Bold now for 3 weeks and never had a reboot. My battery life from around 7AM to 9PM is always only one bar down from full. Also, I am running the original OS 167, I think. I am waiting until my 30 day period is up before I upgrade the OS.
    06-04-09 12:47 PM
    Battery life varies, depends on what you actually use in a day, how much its on.

Have you tried doing everything to save your battery life?

What are you running on your blackberry? This could be causing it to reboot?

There are many questions that can be asked..

But if your not happy then go to a different berry, that's why there's lots of different kinds

06-04-09 01:04 PM
    If battery life is what you value more than data speed I wouldn't buy a 3g device ever
    06-04-09 01:09 PM
    Or turn off 3G when you're not doing anything data intensive?
    06-04-09 02:16 PM
    Do what u feel comfy with. I'm typing on an 8820 right now while my new Bold is on its way. If u use it mostly for talk, email, and text with average browsing, ur old phone is fine. I by nature waste money always wanting the newest thing. Also, I have A LOT of downtime to play and get bored easier. The Bold is more multimedia capable and has a camera. If I were more "simple," I honestly feel I could keep the 8820 for another 5-8 years if it still worked properly and still operated on ATT network towers.....for whatever its worth that's my 2 cents

06-04-09 02:46 PM
    I love the bold. Yes, battery life is less taking into account:
    Processor is DOUBLE
    More memory
    larger screen
    higher resolution screen
    gps + wifi in one device
    3g

So yeah... Why get a bold? LOL. I love my bold and it lasts all day but I have 3g off and I made 3 hrs of phone calls today, sent about 200 emails and received about 150, a ton of BBM messaging and I restarted 2 times (knocks down the battery) cuz Installed apps / upgraded apps. Wifi on for 30 minutes while I sent tons of attachments (pictures). I had to recharge it once . But I love this phone. It usually lasts me the entire day with 40% battery life. But ever since my signifcant other got a BB all we do is blackberry chat when we cant see each other. LOL. I have the Bold and the 8900 is what the other's got. Battery life on both devices is weak. Lol.
    06-04-09 03:35 PM
    Os .266 gave mw alot of issues downgrade to .247 my battery last all day and night and u might wanna check to see if u have any apps running in the background..
    06-04-09 03:41 PM
    If battery life is what you value more than data speed I wouldn't buy a 3g device ever
    agreed

10char
    06-04-09 03:55 PM
    While you're at it get a device with a smaller screen and lower CPU because those both suck up battery also...
    06-04-09 04:08 PM
    I never said the device sucked. Quite the contrary, I love my Bold, it is an awesome device, but quite simply I need a device I can rely on to get things done.

I have no idea how to turn off 3G on it without going through extensive procedures that without a doubt will void the warranty, so that's out.

To be honest at&t's 3G in New York City is a joke as far speed is concerned. My 8800 is quite close to my Bold in terms of speed when browsing and downloading. Half the time my Bold cannot even connect to a website even while showing full 3G signal strength.

The same apps I have on my Bold are the exact same apps I have on my 8800, and that doesn't seem to affect the 8800 battery life at all.

I actually have the Seidio 1650 mah battery for my Bold, and it only gives me about an extra hour of battery life compared to the original battery.

Today I have been using my 8800, I left the Bold at home. I left the house at 9:30am this morning and just walked in 10 minutes ago at 6:50pm. I left the Bold fully charged, it is now down to 3 bars, status page shows 60% battery. And that's with no activity at all as I had the SIM card in the 8800 all day.
    Last edited by Fiasco; 06-04-09 at 06:05 PM.
    06-04-09 06:03 PM
    Os .266 gave mw alot of issues downgrade to .247 my battery last all day and night and u might wanna check to see if u have any apps running in the background..
    exatly, i had the same reboot issues with .266. Even though .247 is ever so slightly slower than .247, there have been absolutely no reboots for me. Hope downgrading works for u
    06-04-09 08:31 PM
    I never said the device sucked. Quite the contrary, I love my Bold, it is an awesome device, but quite simply I need a device I can rely on to get things done.

I have no idea how to turn off 3G on it without going through extensive procedures that without a doubt will void the warranty, so that's out.

To be honest at&t's 3G in New York City is a joke as far speed is concerned. My 8800 is quite close to my Bold in terms of speed when browsing and downloading. Half the time my Bold cannot even connect to a website even while showing full 3G signal strength.

The same apps I have on my Bold are the exact same apps I have on my 8800, and that doesn't seem to affect the 8800 battery life at all.

I actually have the Seidio 1650 mah battery for my Bold, and it only gives me about an extra hour of battery life compared to the original battery.

Today I have been using my 8800, I left the Bold at home. I left the house at 9:30am this morning and just walked in 10 minutes ago at 6:50pm. I left the Bold fully charged, it is now down to 3 bars, status page shows 60% battery. And that's with no activity at all as I had the SIM card in the 8800 all day.
    i think maybe you have a rogue program sucking some juice down somewhere. especially with it not being used. good luck though, i know battery is very important to me as well.
    06-04-09 08:38 PM
    I would never go to an 8800 over the Bold...thats just nuts! At least get an 8820 or move to the Curve.
    06-04-09 11:02 PM

wow 3 bars with no activity something isn't right i have my bold with the out of the box OS and i get 3 bars with serious activity i get up at 8:45 and put my phone back on the charger at about midnight and have about 2 bars left when i am at that point i couldn't imagine dealing with the battery life your phone is having either i don't know the fix for it but it shouldn't be that way
    06-04-09 11:35 PM
    Through the first week after purchase, my Bold would drain fast. After that, it held its charge better. I think the battery has to go thru a couple of charging cycles to be settled.

06-04-09 11:47 PM
    Agreed with 3G in NewYork, I am on vacation visiting family, I have been all over long island, and the 3G is about
    As fast as my edge network in Minnesota, it has it quirks but there is a another alternative for the 3G to 2G without
    Going to the trouble of patching the software, it is under the bold forums somewhere, personally I
    Did it the hard way, but it was not that hard, follow the instructions and its cake, I had to do somemore research
    On how to restore it for what ever reason, I restored it, worked perfectly, then did the process of patching it again.

06-05-09 02:09 AM
    Car Charger, Desk charger at home, Desk Charger at work. Almost a necessity with a 3G device and heavy usage.
    06-05-09 08:06 AM
    Car Charger, Desk charger at home, Desk Charger at work. Almost a necessity with a 3G device and heavy usage.
    I'm not one for carrying a bunch of accessories everywhere I go.
    06-05-09 06:05 PM
    I have my bold for around 4 months now and nevee have had any reboot issues even with the rogers stock OS.
    If your having such issues return item to where you bought asap and request a new unsealed box.

As for battery life it depends how you use the phone and make sure to hit close after using any apps.

I could get 10-12 hours under moderate usage before charging, but I heavy user and get around 5-8 hours a day
    Yapping and typing and browsing and so forth LOTS, the battery life is 4.5 hours rated talk time constant and I get 4.5-5 hours
    On stock 1550mah battery.

06-05-09 06:23 PM
    I have never had any slow speeds with AT&T's 3G network in NYC. Always very fast for me.
    06-05-09 08:02 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD