06-08-09 07:14 PM
61 123
tools
    Hang him!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

06-06-09 06:50 PM
    if you don't really need a phone get an iphone. wait...
    06-06-09 09:11 PM
    LMAO at this quote! i actually traded my iphone 3g for the bold and am happy to say that i'm in love once again lol. the iphone was great for like 9 months, but then I just got tired of having to always tap on something. i ended up using my curve (job phone) more and more often until i just gave that baby up!

at the end of the day thought its all about what you're more coumfy with.

Welcome back! Does food taste better again? Just kidding. LOL

I agree. Use whatever suits your needs. That is why there are so many phones to choose from.
    06-06-09 11:56 PM
    Keep them both as you said yourself it is the best of both worlds...
    Last edited by Iceman; 06-07-09 at 12:02 AM.
    06-07-09 12:00 AM
    you'll regret it after a while. the iphone is only entertaining for a little while.
    06-07-09 12:09 AM
    you'll regret it after a while. the iphone is only entertaining for a little while.
    could not have said it any better myself.
    06-07-09 12:28 AM
    One person's opinion I guess. But Apple products by far outclass any RIM product for multimedia. I own an iPod classic and that's all I use for multimedia. A Blackberry doesn't even compare. The sounds that come out of it are sometimes atrocious.
    I'd agree with this in general, though me reasons are different. For me, it's all about the media player interface. And the BB's interface plain sucks. Fast Forwarding or Rewinding during a song are a major pain; navigating folders, etc is just so clumsy in comparison to the iPod.

I mostly listen to MP3's which, by their lossy nature, are crap-quality anyway, so I don't pay much attention to sound quality out of these devices.
    06-07-09 12:30 AM
    well, you know what they say.... if you want a camera, get a real camera... if you want a mp3 player, get an mp3 player...
    06-07-09 04:22 AM
    i just ordered my second 3g iphone, with the new os coming, i think it might actually work out for me this time. i should have kept the first one, just in case, but i didnt. this one i will. worse case i can use it as an ipod. i really liked the phone, but some things were just weird to get used to . email was one. but i think i'll give it another shot. i like tech toys, so when i get bored with the iphone, i'll just go back to my berry. best of both worlds!
    06-07-09 02:17 PM
    I don't care what anyone says an iphone with a mobileme email accout is superior for getting mail, syncing contacts and you address book. You get instant sync plus you get the ability to view all your folders and you email in them. That is somethibg that you can't do with the blackberry now if you aren't using mobileme the experience isn't that good.
    I don't agree the iPhone is superior for mail…
    1) No external light to indicate the arrival of new mail.
    2) No combined inbox.
    3) MobileMe does not allow the acceptance of meeting invitations attached to emails (it's an Exchange only feature).

The contacts application on the iPhone does provide a nice interface for flick-scrolling through a long list, but it offers no way to search remote address books.

Having said that, I use both phones regularly. I have my Bold for during the week, and my iPhone for weekends and vacations.
    06-07-09 02:39 PM
    go with whatever phone works for you best!
    06-07-09 02:46 PM
    I too had an Iphone before i purchased a blackberry. To be honest with you.. I dont miss it AT ALL. Bold > Iphone.
    06-07-09 02:49 PM
    Bold and Ipod Touch. Perfect solution!
    06-07-09 03:00 PM
    Bold and Ipod Touch. Perfect solution!
    +1 although i havent touched my Itouch in a while ever since i got my new bold. web browsing on the bold is better for me jmho

i hate messing with that damn touch creen, its nice for browsing through music and videos, but thats all i liked it for. but even then, like i said, since you HAVE to sync your touch, its going to take me a million years to upload all the info to my new computer, cant drag and drop the old songs on the touch and re-sync, have to start all over as **** as that may sound. which is why i am trying to make my bold as media friendly as possible., i rather drag and drop off the damn SD card than some sync crap off of itunes...SUCKS BADGER ***!!!
    06-07-09 03:09 PM
    OK. I have had .... sooooooooo many phones that I can't even begin to list them (even though some where in my profile i've listed them!) and I must tell you...

THE IPHONE IS THE FUNNEST PIECE OF ... apple... I'VE EVER PLAYED WITH!

But that's it. It's fun! It's a toy. When I had it over the summer (I'm a teacher, and in charge of tons of other teachers) and I didn't have to work as hard, the battery lasted ALL DAY! And I played music, played games and it even lasted 2 days. When the next month came around (september) I had to toss it, because battery life was HORRIBLE. I couldn't even get past 2 PM without charging. Then again at 6pm, then again at night. It's a great ipod touch, it's got games, and you can write some SMS messages and emails (short ones) without getting too angry... That's why I think it's probably the right phone for you because if you're not into that "I need everything instantly" like the rest of us Blackberry Addicts, then you'll be fine with just a regular smart phone. That's just my idea! I've never had so much fun than with an iPhone, and I've never been more connected and productive than with a BlackBerry.
    06-07-09 03:48 PM
    Amen to all BB addicts!! BB is all about choices...iPhone, not so much!

06-07-09 08:28 PM
    I am probably the poster child as far as phone flakiness goes...and I've flip-flopped back and forth from the iPhone to the BlackBerry too many times to count. And, this iPhone vs. BlackBerry issue has been discussed ad nauseum ever since the iPhone was released two years plus ago...

I came back to the BlackBerry because it simply did the things that were important to me better than the iPhone could do.

My priority is communication...and the BlackBerry simply has no peers in that regard.

But, for multimedia display and presentation...the iPhone has no peers at this time either...and that includes the BlackBerry Storm.

The decision as to what phone to choose comes down to a matter of personal priorities...

Communication: BlackBerry
    Entertainment: iPhone
    06-07-09 09:23 PM
    See thats the thing. I like having both communication and entertainment.

We'll see how it all goes once 3.0 comes out and/or this new iPhone.
    06-07-09 09:36 PM
    See thats the thing. I like having both communication and entertainment.

We'll see how it all goes once 3.0 comes out and/or this new iPhone.

I have the solution. Keep your Bold and get the new iPhone when it comes out. You'll have the best of both worlds.
    06-07-09 09:40 PM
    I have the solution. Keep your Bold and get the new iPhone when it comes out. You'll have the best of both worlds.
    That's exactly what I plan on doing. The new iPhone is going to be pretty freaking cool. I can not lie. I can't wait for the keynote tomorrow.

I do love my Bold the best so far though, and I've had both the 2g and 3g iPhone. I'm just a technology *****.
    06-07-09 09:46 PM
    If it's worthy enough I think I may.

I will say if it looks like that then I for sure will.

http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2009/06...pts-ultrathin/
    06-07-09 09:51 PM
    I call BS on the ultra thin. Unless it runs on a wireless power grid, provided by a ZPM straight out of atlantis.
    If the new iphone gets better, I say go for it. But make sure you keep the bold in the nightstand, incase you get lonely. Hehe

06-07-09 10:30 PM
    Yeah its looking like it won't look too much different from the current one. My bold is never going anywhere. I love this thing too much.
    06-07-09 10:35 PM
    Yeah its looking like it won't look too much different from the current one. My bold is never going anywhere. I love this thing too much.

I'm glad you came to your senses. I doubt the iPhone 3.0 is going to be that thin. But I thought Apple was suppose to come out with an iPhone Nano, which is suppose to be very small?
    06-08-09 12:17 AM
    Oh no! I dont think i will leave my BB for iPhone. But that's your decision. I hope you're happy with it. Surely you'll be missed as you'll missed keyboard and BBM maybe? Take care
    06-08-09 01:39 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD