06-08-09 07:14 PM
61 123
tools
    So I've been using this iPhone 3G for he past week or so and I'd have to say it's really growing on me. I still think the blackberry is superior but the plan is pretty expensive and I really have no need for instant email.

Dependin on how this new iPhone and cheaper plans show up on Monday. I may switch to it. What's everyone thoughts on it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-09 11:24 AM
    The iPhone 3G is a great phone. I think you should choose whichever one you like the best.
    06-06-09 11:28 AM
    You're asking this on a BlackBerry forum. Of course we're going to prefer the BlackBerry.

Whatever fits your preferences - the perfect device doesn't exist, only the perfect device FOR YOU.

Good luck with your iPhone, but when the soft keyboard pisses you off and you long for a physical QWERTY, don't say we didn't warn you.
    06-06-09 11:29 AM
    don't forget the little things that you might miss about your BBerry. Picture messaging, setting music tone for text alerts, being able to insure your device, recieving or sending music or pix via bluetooth, the external speakers on the bold are much louder, copy and paste, BB messenger.
    06-06-09 12:44 PM
    Yeah biggest thing I hated about iPhone is no picture messaging...Only to an e-mail...(Cough) Lame!
    But you can shell out some cash for Flutter at the app store to be able to do it. Although I think buying an app to picture message is so Apple... PC and Berries for me
    Last edited by illwun11; 06-06-09 at 12:50 PM.
    06-06-09 12:47 PM
    If you dump your Bold for the iPhone, food will not taste the same, it will never be sunny near you again, you will get serious withdrawals, water will taste horrible and the list goes on. Just kidding. haha

Well it sounds like you're enjoying the iPhone more. If you don't need push email then maybe the iPhone is for you. Essentially it comes down to if you want a multimedia phone or a communications phone. Whatever you decide, good luck!
    06-06-09 12:52 PM
    I never understood the whole "Iphone is a multimedia phone". It sucks for multimedia in my opinion. Get a classic Ipod much better and more space. I switched from an iPhone 3g to Bold and don't plan to look back.
    06-06-09 01:12 PM
    OP, weren't you on T-Mobile before? I remember you not only unlocked but unbranded. But either way hope you go with what works best for you bro.
    06-06-09 01:15 PM
    i really like my bold, but i like the iphone too. when the new one comes out, i'm curious to see what the features will be. i like the gui better on the iphone for sure, but i also have gotten used to my push email, and bbmessenger. good luck either way.
    06-06-09 01:35 PM
    You'll grow tired of the iphone real quick. I've had 2 first gens and 2 3G's. Ill get a bug once in a while and want the iphone and shorty after I remember why BB's are superior. I have my iphone 3G in the closet in case I want to use it again.

06-06-09 01:49 PM
    If you don't need the email and mms messages, go for the iphone 3g.
    06-06-09 01:50 PM
    I'd rather go with more stable phones that offer at least an option for a hardware keyboard.

That and the "forced" app store model + itunes really turns me off to the iphone.

So for that reason I'm likely defecting to nokia (plus the cheaper data plan). Most likely the new iPhone's battery life will be far worse than the 3g due to the new hardware and features...
    06-06-09 02:12 PM
    I'd rather go with more stable phones that offer at least an option for a hardware keyboard.

That and the "forced" app store model + itunes really turns me off to the iphone.

So for that reason I'm likely defecting to nokia (plus the cheaper data plan). Most likely the new iPhone's battery life will be far worse than the 3g due to the new hardware and features...
    4,567 posts on Crackberry and you're LEAVING? Nobody leaves CB. It's not possible.
    06-06-09 02:14 PM
    Physical keyboard is what keeps me here over the iPhone.

IPhone has a great UI, screen. But for banging out a 25+ emails a day for work you cannot beat the BB.

I think the BB trackball is the greatest phone invention of all time!

06-06-09 02:20 PM
    I never understood the whole "Iphone is a multimedia phone". It sucks for multimedia in my opinion. Get a classic Ipod much better and more space. I switched from an iPhone 3g to Bold and don't plan to look back.
    Same here... But I do only miss the keyboard...
    06-06-09 02:23 PM
    One person's opinion I guess. But Apple products by far outclass any RIM product for multimedia. I own an iPod classic and that's all I use for multimedia. A Blackberry doesn't even compare. The sounds that come out of it are sometimes atrocious.
    06-06-09 02:26 PM
    hmm flashy toy or stylish sexy device of excellence??
    06-06-09 02:29 PM
    4,567 posts on Crackberry and you're LEAVING? Nobody leaves CB. It's not possible.
    If I don't have a Bold, there won't be that much reason to post.
    06-06-09 02:37 PM
    I'm on AT&T so either option is good in that aspect.

Unless Apple really WOWs me with their new iPhone that's coming out monday, I'm most likely going to just keep my bold and my iPhone 3G. Its the best of both worlds and you get a little bit of everything.
    06-06-09 04:15 PM
    Anyone who switches from a blackberry to an Iphone is an AppleHead, which means that they have been mushed into buying and liking the Iphone.

Iphone = Apples Rotten Batch...
    06-06-09 04:30 PM
    I'm on AT&T so either option is good in that aspect.

Unless Apple really WOWs me with their new iPhone that's coming out monday, I'm most likely going to just keep my bold and my iPhone 3G. Its the best of both worlds and you get a little bit of everything.
    This is pretty much your best option. Just have a variety and you'll be happy.
    06-06-09 04:31 PM
    I think the Bold and iPod Touch are the best of both worlds. Lets face it, Apple's got some slick looking apps but when its time to really communicate, you need the OS and keyboard of the Bold (or other Blackberry).
    06-06-09 04:32 PM
    I don't care what anyone says an iphone with a mobileme email accout is superior for getting mail, syncing contacts and you address book. You get instant sync plus you get the ability to view all your folders and you email in them. That is somethibg that you can't do with the blackberry now if you aren't using mobileme the experience isn't that good.

06-06-09 05:16 PM
    If you dump your Bold for the iPhone, food will not taste the same, it will never be sunny near you again, you will get serious withdrawals, water will taste horrible and the list goes on. Just kidding. haha

Well it sounds like you're enjoying the iPhone more. If you don't need push email then maybe the iPhone is for you. Essentially it comes down to if you want a multimedia phone or a communications phone. Whatever you decide, good luck!
    LMAO at this quote! i actually traded my iphone 3g for the bold and am happy to say that i'm in love once again lol. the iphone was great for like 9 months, but then I just got tired of having to always tap on something. i ended up using my curve (job phone) more and more often until i just gave that baby up!

at the end of the day thought its all about what you're more coumfy with.
    06-06-09 06:11 PM
    dont do the I-phone! If anything, just buy an I-touch if you want multi media for the car or whatever, but for actual communication, BB Bold or the Storm if you prefer Verizon is better. my sister in law just fell victim to the I-phone and its a PITA to operate, type, email, pictures, videos and so on...A co-worker messed with my bold and didnt want to give it back, its all the little tid bits that win you over, such as just simply hitting "r" to reply to a text, or instant search features for the email, able to edit microsoft word documents for work, and im sure it was already stated, being able to text pictures and the BB messenger is awesome! especially if you have multiple family members with a BB regardless of which carrier.

Thats what blackberry is famous for, is simplicity, not its media features, then again, you can goto he media section within this forum and download just about ANY movie for your BB device....

Apple is like a cult, they dont want you using ANYTHING else but their product...which sucks to be honest with you, like for instance i purchased a ton of songs off of I-tunes onto my I-touch...my computer went down, purchased another computer and now when i sync my touch, everything gets wiped out! :%

the bolds picture quality along with the storm's picture quality is equal to the I-phone, the Storm is equal all around considering its screen size, the bold is just smaller...but i have zero issues watching movies or music videos on my phone.

and the bold is faster btw....no idea why, but it is.
    06-06-09 06:27 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD