When I left home today, my battery was at 90%. I had a work related event but very casual, so I was able to listen to the NFL playoff game today via TuneIn Radio app. I wasn't able to listen to the entire game but when I had a few minutes, I held up the phone to my ear and listened to a few plays here and there.

The app was streaming continuously on 3G for about 4 straight hours. I sprinkled in checking on my ebay bids as well on Opera Mini. By the time I reached home, I still had 26%. I think that's pretty good battery life. The 9700 is a workhorse!
    01-14-12 09:23 PM
    thats awesome

it also depends on the type of os your running\

it lasts longer on os 5 than it does on os 6 and also varies when you use hybrids

my battery usually lasts for 2 days
    01-15-12 02:55 AM
    Just depends on useage. 2 to 3 days from mine.

Try and find another phone to beat that!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-12 11:55 AM
    With medium usage primarily for email and text messages and the occasional call, I'm usually at 60-70% at the end of the day. I throw my 9700 on the charging pod every night so 2-3 days sounds about right given my usage too. I'm running OS6 and it definitely is more of a battery suck than OS5....but I still like it better anyhow.
    01-15-12 06:22 PM
    Can't say that I've noticed any difference in battery life from OS5 to OS6 apart from when I ran 534 which was a killer for me. 0.5 days !!!

Settled on 668 for a while now and as I said earlier, I get 2 - 3 days.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-12 04:50 AM
    best battery life out of all os 6 devices. i am quite upset that the 9900 could not make use of this great battery and i don't buy the design compromise the dual-core ceo's claim.
    01-16-12 06:03 AM
    best battery life out of all os 6 devices. i am quite upset that the 9900 could not make use of this great battery and i don't buy the design compromise the dual-core ceo's claim.
    I am using OS5 when I was streaming 4+ hours on 3G. OS5 works for me, so I did not consider installing OS6.

Although I'm looking forward to upgrading to an OS7 device in a few months, the 9700 battery life is top notch, and am glad I upgraded to it from my 8900 after I dropped the Curve on the floor and the LCD screen no longer worked. In spite of this, the 8900 still can make phone calls, SMS, etc. I just can't see any of it.
    01-16-12 11:55 PM
    Nice story. I'm thrilled with the battery life. I'm a light talker on the phone but heavy on the email and I love it that I charge on average every other day. Makes me feel very confident that it's not going to die when I need it most. Still, I'm prepared and always carry a charge with me...lol
    01-17-12 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD