In my office all my Blackberrys have had this issue where they barrrrrely get reception if left on my desk untouched. Just enough to receive calls, emails, sms, etc. 1 bar average. Then as soon as I pick it up/touch it... BOOM the signal is gone.

My Bold is no exception. It too has this problem. Though it wasn't too bad. So I downgrade to .247 and now I have the same problem but significantly worse. The phone drops signal even faster when I pick it up and takes a LONG time to get it back.

MAYBE this could be a coincidence with a cell problem that T-mobile has or interference in the air, but it's just an observation. I'd love to get a .266 and .247 Bold side by side to see what the issue is. It's extremely annoying. I'll be IMing somebody on Jivetalk and it will drop signal to SOS as I am typing. My IM won't go through for another 60 seconds or so when it picks signal back up and my conversations get messed up. (I do this while I'm on a break of course)
    06-18-09 04:54 PM
    i also was on .266 and downgraded to .247

I haven't seen any changes in signal strength. I also really am not anywhere with a "barely there" weak signal either, so I really couldn't say in that case.
    06-18-09 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD