08-17-08 12:54 PM
26 12
tools
    He told me that AT&T wasn't getting the Bold until October.

I said something to him about how everything i'd read said it'd been moved back to September because of the "glitches" (which he mentioned as the reason why they were being told october) and he responded (paraphrasing) "well that was the case, actually we should have had it by now, but now they're telling us October."

Anybody else heard about this?

/sorry if this is a repeat post. But I thought I should.
    08-15-08 03:28 PM
    a friend of mine works for att corporate and he said the end of the month but he did call me the other day when the bb rep was in the store with it so i went and played with it, I LOVED IT
    08-15-08 04:04 PM
    LMAO! nice
    08-15-08 04:04 PM
    People at the store know LESS than we do!!!!!
    08-15-08 04:10 PM
    Well I didn't expect this guy to be on the cutting edge of knowledge when it came to the Bold...****, I think he got aggravated that I just asked him a question about an unreleased phone and didn't buy $1000 worth of iphone and accessories (he kind gave an "oh" when he tried to go into a sales pitch and I told him I was already an ATT customer)....but, I still thought it was interesting enough to pass along.
    Last edited by Garz; 08-15-08 at 04:14 PM. Reason: removed quote
    08-15-08 04:11 PM
    Really strange why no release dates been given seeing that most BB users in the world are from U.S.A.
    and its been launched in other parts of the world where there's not so many users.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-08 04:20 PM
    Just joined CB I happen to think they're trying to build up demand like they did with the iphone

08-15-08 08:39 PM
    Trust me theres plenty of demand to go around. I see more blackberries now than ever where I am. My phone is just another curve in the pack. I'm patiently waiting for a bold to break from the pack. Everybody around be has gone blackberry crazy. All my friends facebook status' have their pins in it and when I go to check the pin exchange its like long island has chickenpox theres so many dots.

I'm beginning to think tho that it might be cheaper to try to pay my way out of my contract and sign up for a new one when the bold comes out if the speculated no contract prices are accurate. Or if they do in fact have limited units and only allow new customers to buy, which might be the case if RIM intends to get these phones out on the market sometime soon. As it takes weeks to upgrade the OS on each of the handhelds they might push some out early.
    08-15-08 08:48 PM
    Man, even today in the newspapers they announced the Bold was going to be released in the middle of September.
    08-16-08 01:54 AM
    I hope they release it soon. I have been running around with a cracked screen curve for a month now and the iphone is looking better and better everyday.

08-16-08 03:29 AM
    Don't weaken people... don't let the lure of the forbidden fruit entice you to stray... just grit your teeth and hang on in there!

...and just remember the old saying "Everything comes to those who wait".

Here endeth the first lesson!
    08-16-08 03:42 AM
    AT&T Premier sales reps told me that the Bold will launch "sometime in September." I asked them if they had a more specific timeframe than that, and they told me they aren't allowed to discuss it beyond that. I asked what price we could expect with contract, and they also wouldn't budge on that. *shrug*
    08-16-08 05:50 AM
    I checked the Blackberry Shop and Accessories, eg Cases and so on will be available on September 10th. I have the feeling that might finally be the relase date here in the US.
    08-16-08 08:41 AM
    Talked to my inside Rogers rep (he's pretty high up there). As far as he knows, the US is set for a mid-sept early Oct release. Really doesn't narrow it down much at all......
    08-16-08 10:49 AM
    I mean its not like they're being deliberatly misleading if they dont give you a date then its most likely bullshmitz and they're just saying rumors.
    08-16-08 12:01 PM
    don't believe anything you hear from at+t reps. the people that know what's really going on are under nda.

08-16-08 08:33 PM
    I hope they release it soon. I have been running around with a cracked screen curve for a month now and the iphone is looking better and better everyday.

I noticed a few small cracks on my berry. So far, the screen is ok. It would be nice to combine all of the post for BOLD release dates in one and "all" new rumors could be posted in the same one.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 08-16-08 at 09:13 PM.
    08-16-08 09:08 PM
    Blackberry rep told me today that the Bold will be in our store on September 2nd
    08-16-08 11:42 PM
    Hey! DJDYNASTY was it verizon that told u that? Bcuz each and everytime i go there now it's we're not getting the bold we're getting something BETTER. I asked the sales person WHAT'S BETTER THAT THE BOLD 9000 and he'll say just wait and see. I told him PLEASE don't say the THUNDER.
    08-17-08 12:19 AM
    LOL! oh my!! Here we go again with these dates....
    08-17-08 12:56 AM
    I can't take false information anymore..maybe we need less threads like this and more RELIABLE information?? If the BOLD does not come to AT&T by Sept 1st..Im flying to HK and buying one..
    08-17-08 02:41 AM
    I still don't understand why I don't have one in my hands... Orange and all of the other providers that got it have .92 as the SW and don't seem to be hearing too many problems coming out of there. As much as I didn't want to think that AT&T is sucking off Apple it is becoming painfully clear that this is what's happening.
    08-17-08 08:53 AM
    i broke my pearl some time ago and have been "borrowing" a 8703 from my work for about 4 months... kinda waiting until the bold comes out. well i've gotten tired of waiting so i picked up a used curve this weekend to hold me over until the bold comes out honestly i'd rather them take a few more months and work out the bugs than me go out and spend a bunch of money on a phone only to have it crash and act up... i would get pissed!
    08-17-08 10:35 AM
    i broke my pearl some time ago and have been "borrowing" a 8703 from my work for about 4 months... kinda waiting until the bold comes out. well i've gotten tired of waiting so i picked up a used curve this weekend to hold me over until the bold comes out honestly i'd rather them take a few more months and work out the bugs than me go out and spend a bunch of money on a phone only to have it crash and act up... i would get pissed!
    Honestly, they have been working on the phone for 3 months now. It was announced in May. I have never seen this long of a break between announcement and release without a somewhat solid release date being announced. Even when the original iPhone was announced they still said that it would be released in June of that year and that was 6 months ahead of time. For RIM/AT&T to not be able to give a more solid release date than "no later than November 1" is ridiculous.
    08-17-08 12:13 PM
    As much as I didn't want to think that AT&T is sucking off Apple it is becoming painfully clear that this is what's happening.
    I would have to agree with you on that. I totally believe that Apple is strong-arming AT&T to hold off on releasing the Bold so there won't be anything that will compete with the iPhone for a while. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bold doesn't get released until after the holidays so the iPhone will be able to dominate the market.
    08-17-08 12:27 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD