AS A WHOLE and not just my defective device that will be replaced this evening.

THIS GOSH DARNED BATTERY COVER!!! Taking this thing off irritates me. Its so difficult I'm afraid that Im gonna like crack my screen or something. Woe is me

Rant over
    12-29-09 01:13 PM
    They probably made it extra secure cause the Tour's was so bad! lol
    12-29-09 01:14 PM
    its easy once you get where your supposed to put your thumbs
    12-29-09 01:16 PM
    Like i feel like ive got the hang of it. but its still just frustratingly difficult
    12-29-09 01:17 PM
    Put your thumbs on the bottom edge of the battery cover (near the contacts for the charging pod), push down and slide down at the same time. It's easy once you get used to it.
    12-29-09 01:18 PM
    Just hold your phone upside down with the BB logo facing you.. put your thumbs to each side of the silver logo and push down. pretty easy
    12-29-09 01:22 PM
    LOL absolutley love the 9700, never moan, never get involved with the 'problem' threads, but yours put memories in my head of when I had my delivery of the 9700 out of its box and tried to remove the back to access the battery housing and I said 'God, I'm going to ***K my new 9700 in a minute as I just don't know how to get this case off'

it was so damn difficult compared to my 8900 and 8520, but I got there in the end, the way I solved the problem was just to never try to access the battery again, it works a treat lol
    12-29-09 01:22 PM
    Im attempting more than anything to not need to get to that damn battery. but i should have a new one anyway tonight
    12-29-09 01:28 PM
    Here's the right way to remove the battery door: http://crackberry.com/proper-blackbe...-cover-removal

12-29-09 01:33 PM
    Lol. I actually had to remove the battery covers for the CS when I purchased mine.
    12-29-09 01:41 PM
    its stupid simple if you do it the right way. I prefer it this way. No way its just gonna pop off by accident.
    12-29-09 01:50 PM
    took me about 45 minutes when I first got it to figure it out. Once I got it, it's been super easy ever since.
    12-29-09 01:54 PM
    Lol. I actually had to remove the battery covers for the CS when I purchased mine.
    I came close to having to do that when I brought mine, Luckily the guy who was working that I had spoken to owned one, so he knew how to do it. :P

I remove mine via pushing towards the bottom of the cover. It seems to work really well once you get the idea of it.
    12-29-09 01:55 PM
    I actually hold the Bold face down in my left hand, and press down with my right fingers flat on the battery cover and slide it off.
    12-29-09 02:11 PM
    Rim get b|itched out for having loose battery covers on past models and not for too tight!

Like the other poster it is all in where you put your thumbs when removing it. I love the way it locks down on all 4 corners. A giant leap ahead in my opinion!
    12-29-09 02:14 PM
    I just hope to God that it works when I want it too, must admit, after breaking it in on the first go (which is always the worst) I've improved and made it better and now enjoy it, it's still very quick though
    12-29-09 02:15 PM
    Im sure I'll get the hang of it
    12-29-09 03:46 PM
    tight is good. For BBs and women

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-09 03:48 PM
    tight like a tiiiiger. grr baby very grr
    12-29-09 03:49 PM
    From what I gather from others and my own experience, most of 9700 are tight. Some are more than the other.

Mine also is very difficult to remove (I checked out many tricks from YouTube). I believe that you got one having similar too tight backcover issue. However, over time, it will get broken in. Then it will be easier to remove, yet tight and secure unlike 8900 or tour loose backcover.

Here is the deal, I purposedly removed it several times during the first few weeks about once a day. After that it can be removed with thumbs just like that YouTube video trick.
    12-29-09 04:00 PM
    I think ill just stick to trying to not have much of a reason to remove it
    12-29-09 04:02 PM
    I think ill just stick to trying to not have much of a reason to remove it
    You shouldn't need to. I don't. It just bothered me at the time and I wanted get that monkey off my shoulder.

So far I hardly need to reset my device. But I still do just out of my habit every two weeks or so.

Perhaps there is one time that I had to do that becasue, it lost its 3G connection ability or 3G ran so slow. Rebooting the device fixed the issue in a snap
    12-29-09 04:10 PM
    The first time was the hardest for all of us.
    12-29-09 05:14 PM
    The first time was the hardest for all of us.
    That's what she said

12-29-09 05:56 PM
    tight is good. For BBs and women

^^^ +1 nothing else to say
    12-29-09 06:17 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD