This morning I was having some issues from my BlackBerry Bold after the Facebook 1.6 upgrade, so I decided to wipe the device. Well after the wipe, Facebook, Google Talk ,and BlackBerry App World was still installed. So, I connected my BlackBerry and ran JLCMDR to clear it. That went fine, I got the error 507 about reloading the software. But for the life of me I cannot get .266 back on to my Bold. I have tried several times, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've read multiple threads, but something isn't right.

I'm using CrackMem to delete the vendor.xml and VVM modules. But when I go to start Desktop Manager, the VVM is still in the list of items to be installed.

Please help!! It's been a long day without my BlackBerry!!!
    06-07-09 11:07 PM
    From CrackMem, try using the Wipe button, which actually wipes and reinstalls through the AppLoader, or try running the Loader.exe file found in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\

If neither of those works, try reinstalling the device software to your computer and try again. Report back if these don't work.
    06-08-09 06:55 AM
    From CrackMem, try using the Wipe button, which actually wipes and reinstalls through the AppLoader, or try running the Loader.exe file found in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\

If neither of those works, try reinstalling the device software to your computer and try again. Report back if these don't work.
    If I go through C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\ it shows .266 there, but VVM shows that it will still be installed, and it's grayed out where I can't unselect it. If I go through Desktop Manager it doesn't show as an update is available.

I'm reinstalling the device software to my PC now.

I did find one thing, I'm running Vista 64-bit, and I didn't have the "run as admin" checked in CrackMem, but it's also grayed out where I can't set it. I do have that user profile turned off in Vista where I don't have to give applications permission..
    06-08-09 07:07 AM
    From CrackMem, try using the Wipe button, which actually wipes and reinstalls through the AppLoader
    I did this where I type in "BrickMyPhone" and it went through, but now I have .266 with VVM installed.

I've done this before, I don't know what's wrong...
    06-08-09 07:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD