have a blackberry bold from at&t I have unlocked with a computer program will insert my sim card works fine but I sometimes
    when I'm talking close the calls without me close
    and the cell is placed in SOS also in places when I'm indoors I will cover much or when I try to call me by cell phone said it was causing an error when calling,
    and also taking the mobile coverage does not let me make calls
    that would be causing this problem?
    07-06-09 09:33 PM
    Dude you posted this same question earlier and everyone replied they could not make sense of you post.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 10:08 PM
    I'm feeling dizzy reading ur post. Please proofread before posting.

07-06-09 11:03 PM
    One of my old BB had similar problems. I fixed it by dropping the phone flat on the ground from ~ 3'. Fixed it. That's all I've got for you.
    07-06-09 11:13 PM
    You all are being mean. What he is saying in sometimes while he is on the phone, his call drops and where it usually says EDGE; it says SOS. He then proceeds to try to call when the phone says SOS and he gets an error message.

In response to your question, I am not sure why this is happening. I assume your phone is unlocked and being used on t-mobile? Does your area have good tmobile coverage? If so, maybe you should be sure that you are using 2g only and your phone is not searching for 3g and also be sure that network selection is set to automatic rather than manual.

Hopefully now with my "translation" of what he said, someone will be able to help him.
    07-06-09 11:21 PM
    You all are being mean. What he is saying in sometimes while he is on the phone, his call drops and where it usually says EDGE; it says SOS. He then proceeds to try to call when the phone says SOS and he gets an error message.

In response to your question, I am not sure why this is happening. I assume your phone is unlocked and being used on t-mobile? Does your area have good tmobile coverage? If so, maybe you should be sure that you are using 2g only and your phone is not searching for 3g and also be sure that network selection is set to automatic rather than manual.

Hopefully now with my "translation" of what he said, someone will be able to help him.
    he might not have the toggle feature and his phone might be doing an endless cycle searching for 3g?
    07-06-09 11:30 PM

If the person is using T-mobile which I'm not sure if they are, since the profile says Orange? The phone wont be searching for 3G. But I'm not trying to be funny, the OP should take the time to gather their thoughts to explain fully on what the problem is. Just a simple suggestion
    07-07-09 12:34 AM
    My Bold does this never-ending search for the illusive 3g network all the time and I'm with AT&T. It especially does this when I am indoors. I was even told by one of the rocket scientists employed by AT&T the this is a natural thing.

Well - I love my Bold, but I'm definitely going to "un-naturalize" this reception as soon as I get to end of this AT&t contract.

Peace...
    07-07-09 01:51 AM
    One thing I found helpful with the SOS problem was to install the Berry Weather app. When I update it - it opens up the reception portal long enough for me to make a call.

As to your calls being dropped - that is probably a general signal reception issue or some kind.

Peace...
    07-07-09 01:55 AM
    If you don't have the option of changing to 2G only then go to manage connections and turn mobile network off for a few seconds, then back on.

07-07-09 04:34 AM
    have a blackberry bold from at&t I have unlocked with a computer program will insert my sim card works fine but I sometimes
    when I'm talking close the calls without me close
    and the cell is placed in SOS also in places when I'm indoors I will cover much or when I try to call me by cell phone said it was causing an error when calling,
    and also taking the mobile coverage does not let me make calls
    that would be causing this problem?
    i believe you unbranded it and unlocked it by yourself

there was a thread before stating this kind of risk when u unlocked it by force (using computer program)

i will try to find the thread and post it
    07-07-09 08:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD