Hi All,

Okay, I recently bought a Used Blackberry Bold 9900 and I have fallen in Love with it.

However, there seems to be a problem. The phone turned off when the battery died and when I put it on charge, the LED flashed red with the battery logo on the screen. The battery logo shows an orange lighting bolt in between which to my assumption is that the battery is charging. But it's taking forever! It has been in charge for around 6 hours, but the phone is not turning on.

What's wrong? I don't get that red cross on my battery logo, but a lighting bolt. I don't understand why it isn't turning on!
    02-25-14 11:06 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! Have you tried replacing your battery with a new one? Or borrow a working one?
    02-25-14 11:25 AM
    Hi Muhammad OT and welcome to the CrackBerry community !

The symptoms you describe makes me wonder if you use a BlackBerry genuine (wall) charger ...
    If not, just don't search; while it may suffice to reload your 9900 if not 100% discharged, many aftermarket chargers won't be able to work properly if you went totally dry.

Can you confirm ?

Cheers
    SF
    02-25-14 11:27 AM
    Yes, I did buy a new battery and the phone turned on when I inserted it. But again the battery died (I live in Pakistan and we have lots of load shedding here, so I couldn't recharge it on time) and the same logo is appeared while charging without the phone being turned on.

I don't have a genuine Blackberry wall charger though. I have a HTC charger to which I connect a micro USB cable to charge my Blackberry.
    02-25-14 11:35 AM
    I don't have a genuine Blackberry wall charger. I have a HTC charger to which I connect a micro USB cable to charge my Blackberry.
    02-25-14 11:35 AM
    I don't have a genuine Blackberry wall charger. I have a HTC charger to which I connect a micro USB cable to charge my Blackberry.
    That's your problem right there!

ZZwiped up on my Z10!
    Muhammad OT and Superfly_FR like this.
    02-25-14 11:39 AM
    Okay then I should be getting a new Blackberry Charger! I'll give it a try!

Thanks!
    02-25-14 11:41 AM
    I never used official Blackberry branded chargers with my 9900. I bought a no name micro-USB cable for $2 from an electronics store. However, my Z10 is more fussy and doesn't charge properly.

When you see the lightning bolt over the battery symbol, this means the the device is OFF but that it is charging. Sometimes your device will charge only but not actually turn on. I would suggest either powering up manually by holding the power/hangup button or just removing the battery for a minute and rebooting upon reinserting it. See if that helps.
    02-25-14 11:49 AM
    Have you tried charging it through a computer or laptop ?
    I do this all the time , when I 'm at work .
    02-25-14 03:51 PM