Guys I need to dry out my Bold. I hope I can recover it. I have read that if you put it in the feezer to cat litter. Long story short I was sitting on the toilet reading crackberry. The phone slipped out of my hand and into the bowl it went. I fished it out as fast as I could. I don't want to brick my phone. Help please.

Happy April Fools guys.
    04-01-09 07:56 PM
    put it in a bowl of rice and make sure its completely covered...if your story is true
    04-01-09 07:59 PM
    Make sure your remove the batt and sim and mem cards as well. Hope it works for you.
    04-01-09 08:01 PM
    If you don't have rice handy, uncooked pasta works well. It draws off the evaporating moisture.

Make sure you don't try to restart until it's completely dried out.
    04-01-09 08:12 PM
    Crap dude that sucks ... sorry to hear that. I read the NYTimes and catch up on my RSS feeds during my washroom break at the office and the BlackBerry falling in the toilet is my worst nightmare ... LOOL I almost think about it every time i use it there.
    04-01-09 11:30 PM
    Did Goherd add the "happy April Fools" comment AFTER the replies to his post?

Just curious.

Because if he didn't, I think that giantfan30, Chicklet, BergerKing and CurlyFatAngry seriously need their eyes tested
    04-02-09 02:18 AM
    Take the battery / memory card out - leave the items covered in a bowl of rice/ uncooked pasta - atleast for 36 hours..... Do not try to restart the device until it is completely dry....

Good Luck bro!!
    04-02-09 02:53 AM
    Guys I need to dry out my Bold. I hope I can recover it. I have read that if you put it in the feezer to cat litter. Long story short I was sitting on the toilet reading crackberry. The phone slipped out of my hand and into the bowl it went. I fished it out as fast as I could. I don't want to brick my phone. Help please.

Happy April Fools guys.
    You little $%^& !!! you got us ...... $�%^&**%$%$%$��$�

Thanks Sharke, i noticed the april fool part of the post, only after reading your comment ...
    04-02-09 02:54 AM
    It was there the whole time. Sorry guys
    04-02-09 06:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD