..i'm finding the battery life and reception to be somewhat poor.

now i've seen many posts here complaining about the battery life and i have to agree as unlike my Bold 9700, this one doesn't last me the full day on one charge, which is kinda annoying but i can live with that (i also need to look into the holster, as it seems when i holster the phone, it unlocks.. and that might affect how it idles.. not sure!)

now what's really bugging me is the reception
    it's definitely poor.. i mean i've NEVER Had reception issues at home or at work, yet every now and then i notice my 9900 is on "SOS" mode, then it starts looking for networks and locks on one with 1-2 bars.. whereas my Bold 9700 (sat right next to it) has almost full signal!

Edit: i also believe having poor reception results in a poor battery life as more energy is wasted while searching for networks than when locked onto one with a good signal

any idea if the reception is better/worse with different OS versions that are out there?
    Last edited by DXBLouie; 08-27-11 at 04:18 PM.
    08-27-11 04:15 PM

now i've seen many posts here complaining about the battery life and i have to agree as unlike my Bold 9700, this one doesn't last me the full day on one charge, which is kinda annoying but i can live with that (i also need to look into the holster, as it seems when i holster the phone, it unlocks.. and that might affect how it idles.. not sure!)

it's definitely poor.. i mean i've NEVER Had reception issues at home or at work, yet every now and then i notice my 9900 is on "SOS" mode, then it starts looking for networks and locks on one with 1-2 bars.. whereas my Bold 9700 (sat right next to it) has almost full signal!

Edit: i also believe having poor reception results in a poor battery life as more energy is wasted while searching for networks than when locked onto one with a good signal

any idea if the reception is better/worse with different OS versions that are out there?
    A lot of people seem to be swapping the os to a leak or just reloading the same one. One shouldn't have to do this one would think, but.... Or take it back and exchange it. A lot seem to be doing that as well.
    08-27-11 04:22 PM
    And blue horseshoe loves rimm!
    08-27-11 04:30 PM
    if i was the only one complaining, i'd certainly replace the phone.. but i honestly doubt another phone would work any better.

i'm kinda kicking myself for flashing 7.0.0.353 straight out of the box though.. i'm traveling in the morning and i don't wanna mess with the OS now :S
    08-27-11 04:31 PM

Okay I am having the same concerns - and I also have a 9700 which still receives our Wifi easily . My 9900 will actually drop the Wifi in our house ! Doesn't make much sense to me. I can say the battery is much better now (after 2 weeks of use)
    I can't figure out why a more powerful phone would have such a hard time receiving Wifi though
    08-27-11 07:36 PM
    i haven't had an issue with Wifi to be honest, just the GSM radio both on 2G and 3G
    08-28-11 04:01 AM
    i haven't had an issue with Wifi to be honest, just the GSM radio both on 2G and 3G
    No issue here at all with the signal and I live in Dubai Silicon Oasis and am on Du not Etisalat

Never seen the SOS

I replaced my first 9900 because it had abnormal battery usage and now this one is fine.

Both didn't have signal issue by the way.

Mind you, the first thing I do when I get the phone is wipe the device and install 7.0.0.261 as it has been the best in terms of battery life and 7.0.0.296 has signal issues where messages would take forever to be sent on BBM
    Last edited by technology-fanboy; 08-28-11 at 04:22 AM.
    08-28-11 04:14 AM
    Onto my 2nd 9900 and it is going back tomorrow for a refund.
    I am a big lover of BB and will always be BUT the 2 issues I have had with 2 different 9900's are:
    signal locks onto SOS for ages and then takes ages to find a 3g (when my 9780 has no problems in the same area)
    The battery life lasts about well less than a day. Have tried 2 different 9900's and at this moment in time have switched back to my 9780 until I have another go which will be soon.
    Still have a upgrade still to do so may wait to check out the other new ones before I commit.
    Yes 9900 is a fab device but after using them for a good week just find the 2 issues no good and cannot work like that.
    I really was expecting for an instant HIT with the 9900 but did not find it. Back to mym 9780 mand PlayBook. Will also check out the 2 new BB torches coming out.
    08-28-11 04:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD