I used JLCMDR to wipe the phone to give me the white error 507 screen. Ok good. Download 4.6.247 and install it to my PC. Then I use crackmem by opening it, selecting and confirming my OS, then i execute my selections per the instructions. Then I click on "Blackberry Desktop" button as instructed and then install my OS using DM 4.7. The OS installs fine however it fails to install the "customized" OS without all the extra crap which I just specified a few steps earlier. I did the entire process twice and still I see the music, videos, voice dialing, etc (things which I told it NOT to install)

Is it my fault for using DM 4.7? That's the only thing I can think of. Other than that, no more memory problems. Now between 39 and 51mb file free =) On .266 I was lucky to have above 12.
    06-18-09 10:31 AM
    im on .266 and i have 45-50 on a fresh reboot. the Bold is known to have issues with DM 4.7, try installing 4.6 and see if it works.
    06-18-09 10:35 AM
    Glad to hear the memory issue is better. Yeah, I would use 4.6.
    06-18-09 10:40 AM
    And BTW, I'm not sure you actually can use the freed up memory from deleting the extra stuff. I'm getting some nice memory numbers and all I did was remove VVM and vendor file. If it's all working fine, I wouldn't even mess with it anymore. Enjoy the phone.
    06-18-09 10:45 AM
    4.7 sometimes causes problems - if you have an open connection to the net it may go out and find another OS and install that one over the one you wanted.

btw, you didn't need to wipe your device with JL before using Crackmem - if you wanted to wipe it before installing, Crackmem has an option to do that as well.

But your phone is backed up, wiped and restored as part of the regular upgrade process anyway...
    06-18-09 10:49 AM
    Sounds good. I guess I'll leave the phone alone.
    06-18-09 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD