Look, I know how much we ALL want a Bold. I want one badly as well BUT looking at what's happened the last couple of weeks. I believe our "craze" to get our hands on this item is actually going to KILL OUR WALLETS! Lets look what has happened over the past 2 weeks - Tigerdirect.com raised the price from $649 to $799 and STILL cannot give us an idea when they will get any even though they say they get them from Europe WHERE ITS BEEN RELEASED! Blueharboronline.com raised the price YESTERDAY from $699 to $749 while changing their ETA from Aug. 26 to Aug 29.

I am on ATT and have no clue when they will grace us with the Bold and I was going to purchase one unlocked but I am getting to the point where I feel were being taken advantage of. The $599 price from Rogers is actually beginning to look "fair" in comparison since it wont take more then $40 to get an unlock code. Did any of you think $599 for the Bold and Fair would be in the same sentence a few weeks ago... I think not!

Like I said we all want the Bold but where should we draw the line on allowing retailers to rape us just because our individual carriers are taking their time to release the item?
    Last edited by Marcjcd; 08-22-08 at 05:26 PM.
    08-22-08 05:23 PM
    We are addicts!!!!!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-08 07:30 PM
    yeah this site isnt called crackberry for nothing
    08-22-08 07:36 PM
    No matter what, people are just going to have to wait and get an officialy released Bold. Good things come to those who wait...
    08-22-08 07:40 PM
    Stop complaining about the price.some people got good deals on the bold some didn't.if you think its too much don't buy it.regardless people will still buy it

08-22-08 08:08 PM
    Trust me when I say that I'm not willing to pay $749 or $699. What I'll do is wait til it comes out, then go and upgrade.

08-22-08 08:14 PM
    I still dont know if I can justify blowing 600.00 on a phone... and getting it at that price would be considered "cheap"

But I do REALLY want the Bold, Im a TOTAL addict!
    08-22-08 08:16 PM
    Stop complaining about the price.some people got good deals on the bold some didn't.if you think its too much don't buy it.regardless people will still buy it

Actually there wasn't a complaint anywhere in there...It was more of a "look what were doing to the price" by wanting it yesterday.

Next time you might want to actually read a post that your commenting on... If you can actually read
    08-22-08 09:15 PM
    I sold my Curve for about $300 bills and my Wii for about $325(I didn't use it and really only play 360). This allowed me to buy my Bold...w00t
    08-22-08 09:18 PM
    yeah I want the Bold asap, but for 600-700 I will just keep my curve, she's the luv of my life anyway lol
    08-22-08 09:33 PM
    yeah I want the Bold asap, but for 600-700 I will just keep my curve, she's the luv of my life anyway lol

agreed, im gonna wait for my upgrade...
    08-22-08 09:35 PM
    I am still trying to decide on buying it. I am hoping AT&T won't rape me on the retail price. The last phone I bought at 700 was the N95 8GB. And that was a SORE dissapointment.

08-22-08 09:37 PM
    $500-$700 is standard price around the world to outright buy a device like the Bold, or even devices not as good. I know last month Rogers was selling the curve for $500 plus tax, so 599 for a BOLD is WELL worth it. Actually its cheap considering carriers in europe are selling it for more than $700.
    Last edited by dubai_bb; 08-23-08 at 02:20 AM.
    08-23-08 02:17 AM
    Yeah, at least some of you have the option to spend crap loads of money on the thing. If I was to get it now I would have to terminate my contract with Sprint. (Lord knows what the buyout is on that contract) Switch to a GSM carrier. Then buy an unlocked Bold.

Actually, now that I type it out it could be realistic for me. Hmmmmmm...Probably cost about 2,500 dollars overall maybe. I don't know.

I would have the coolest phone in Kerrville Texas for a couple of months.

I think I'll just wait. By the time the CDMA version of the Bold comes out they may have all the hic ups with it worked out. Maybe.

I think I can wait... Maybe.

08-23-08 03:17 AM
    Actually there wasn't a complaint anywhere in there...It was more of a "look what were doing to the price" by wanting it yesterday.

Next time you might want to actually read a post that your commenting on... If you can actually read
    if you can actually read? no need for smartass remarks.the way i took your post is that you were complaining.if you didnt like my post all you had to do was explain to me that isnt what you meant.anyways im sure you didnt mean anything by it.
    08-23-08 05:26 AM
    I decided to wait for ATT.............

...... I think
    08-23-08 09:21 AM
    I decided to wait for ATT.............

...... I think
    Same here... I'll just wait until ATT release it. That said, EVERY ATT store in the NYC area will give you a different release "idea" if you ask them. Its comical!
    08-23-08 01:05 PM
    Remember what happened with the iPhone? They started selling them at a ridiculously high price, and then just a couple months later, they dropped it dramatically, p*ssing off the original purchasers....If they price it too high, they won't sell a million of them and they will be forced to drop the price. I want one, but I'm not paying $6-700 for one, not when I got my red Curve for $79.00. AT&T can bite me if they think I'm shelling out $700 for a phone, smart or not.
    08-23-08 04:44 PM
    Remember what happened with the iPhone? They started selling them at a ridiculously high price, and then just a couple months later, they dropped it dramatically, p*ssing off the original purchasers....If they price it too high, they won't sell a million of them and they will be forced to drop the price. I want one, but I'm not paying $6-700 for one, not when I got my red Curve for $79.00. AT&T can bite me if they think I'm shelling out $700 for a phone, smart or not.

You tell em girl!!!!
    08-23-08 04:48 PM
    With the issues happening on the 3g network on AT&T, I believe I will wait for the official release. IMO, there is a reason why they are pushing the release date back and it's not because of the iPhone. They understand releasing it will not hurt them one bit, because whether a customer goes BB or Apple, it's all coming to AT&T at the end of the day.
    08-23-08 06:11 PM
    i don't quite understand what you mean by that
    08-23-08 06:49 PM
    The cheapest option is of course to wait for the AT&T model to come out and purchase with a 2-yr contract, but who knows when the iPhone-smitten AT&T will release it here in the US and what their contract price will be. It sucks to see folks around me walk around with a Bold imported from Europe while I'm still waiting for my pre-order with BlueHarborOnline.com to come in. I've been told I can expect to receive it first week of Sept. The price of $599 for Rogers actually means $699 is a fair price for an unlocked Bold without contract. The Canadian $ is stronger so when you factor in the exchange rate and the unlocking cost, it seems fair. That said, $700+ for a blackberry is CRAZY! I really hope RIM lives up to expectations, like they have in the past.
    08-24-08 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD