I'm running 4.6.0.266 (non ATT OS) and I get "No Updates Available" and if you go to the official ATT/RIM download site (https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4) you get an older version.

What the heck is wrong with RIM? This gets so confusing and thus the average BB user WILL NEVER UPGRADE THEIR OS...PERIOD.

At least iTunes will tell you there's an upgrade...but there is no way in **** the average BB user will ever go that deep into options and check for an update.

C'mon RIM do something about this...

I love my BB and have been using on since the 957 but RIM needs to catch up and make this process better.

And don't get me started on the desktop update either...what a pain to re-arrange and re-initialize all my apps...ugh.
    You jsut answered your own frustration, you're running a NON ATT OS. You won't get the OTA with .266. It's not ann official ATT OS. Just relax man, be patient...
    08-25-09 08:10 AM
    I have the original OS that came with the phone
    Well, you should be able to update OTA then. It might be an area thing. I'm not sure why some can and others can't.
    08-25-09 08:17 AM
    Just so everyone knows, you WILL NOT get a notification of a new OTA update UNLESS you are running one of ATT's official builds of .167!

So people running anything higher than that will have to downgrade and then try checking, or waiting for the DM download.
    There are people like BigRed, that has the org ATT OS and they can't update either.
    08-25-09 08:19 AM
    I called AT&T a few times, haha, and they said they dont have a time the OS will be released.
    08-25-09 08:22 AM
    If the OTA update is only 9MBs then I will wait till they put it up on the RIM servers. Just doesn't seem like a full update to me. I could be wrong, but any OS you download is much bigger than 9MB.
    08-25-09 08:25 AM
    sounds like nothing new compares to 292..I'm not as excited!
    08-25-09 08:30 AM
    Where are pictures of the "About" screen for those who have loaded this update?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 08:32 AM
    There are people like BigRed, that has the org ATT OS and they can't update either.
    Yea, I know some people are having trouble getting the update on the official OSes also, but I'm just making it known that any non ATT OS will NOT be able to use the OTA at all.

If the OTA update is only 9MBs then I will wait till they put it up on the RIM servers. Just doesn't seem like a full update to me. I could be wrong, but any OS you download is much bigger than 9MB.
    The difference between the OTA and a desktop upgrade is that the OTA only downloads and replaces the updated files, which why the OTA update is so much smaller than a normal desktop install. And even still, I wouldn't want to download 100+ MB onto my phone. Imagine how long THAT would take to install too, lol. **** no!
    08-25-09 08:35 AM
    CX said as much, specifically advising against the OTA update because it's not the same as a full update. If there's anybody on here whose advice I would take without question, it's his.
    08-25-09 08:36 AM
    Snipes, so would you recommend the OTA or Desktop Manager download?
    08-25-09 08:36 AM
    I am doing the OTA as we speak. I had to downgrade then do the update. I want to see how it works. If I like it then I will put the full version on it once it comes out. I am also going to put bbmessenger 5.0 back on it.
    08-25-09 08:41 AM
    Is there anything different from .282 I won't use VVM so I don't really care about it, do pictures load faster in this OS?
    08-25-09 08:42 AM
    they may not release the DM version until they feel all of the customers with the carrier's OS update first......
    08-25-09 08:43 AM
    I can confirm that you will have to downgrade to .167 official for wireless OTA to work. Just did it on one of my employee's devices. Would not recognize update, downloaded to .167 via DM, then DM would not show update. Checked wireless update and Boom, there it was. Here's what you'll see...

08-25-09 08:43 AM
    what if i wanted to wipe my device before the upgrade?
    08-25-09 08:45 AM
    Snipes, so would you recommend the OTA or Desktop Manager download?
    Personally, I'd try the OTA... Some people have advised against it, but I don't think it could be that bad.

I'm not even running 4.6 anymore, so I can't give you my experience with it.
    08-25-09 08:45 AM
    CX said as much, specifically advising against the OTA update because it's not the same as a full update. If there's anybody on here whose advice I would take without question, it's his.
    I'm going desktop. I've done an OTA before, but I feel much safer doing it through App Loader. You got connection issues that could arise and since today is the OS release date many people will be flooding it that could also cause a problem. I'm playing it safe.
    08-25-09 08:46 AM
    oh ok, i tried to do the OTA again and I still have no upgrades available. I am running BES on my phone, that might be the problem.
    08-25-09 08:46 AM
    I'm going desktop. I've done an OTA before, but I feel much safer doing it through App Loader. You got connection issues that could arise and since today is the OS release date many people will be flooding it that could also cause a problem. I'm playing it safe.
    Good point! I also think this could be an issue..
    08-25-09 08:49 AM
    You jsut answered your own frustration, you're running a NON ATT OS. You won't get the OTA with .266. It's not ann official ATT OS. Just relax man, be patient...
    So if I was on T-Mobile running an ATT OS I would get the update? Really, they (ATT) know I'm their customer so I don't see why they can't offer up their OS OTA.

Anyone have more insight on how ATT does this?
    08-25-09 08:50 AM
    Does anyone know if installing the OTA will downgrade BBM 5 back to BBM 4.6?

08-25-09 08:52 AM
    Does anyone know if installing the OTA will downgrade BBM 5 back to BBM 4.6?

Yes it will but OTA update back to BBM5 only takes a few minutes
    08-25-09 08:55 AM
    So if I was on T-Mobile running an ATT OS I would get the update? Really, they (ATT) know I'm their customer so I don't see why they can't offer up their OS OTA.

Anyone have more insight on how ATT does this?
    As long as you're an ATT customer running an ATT OS I believe you should be good.
    08-25-09 08:56 AM
    What is the link? The OS update is not on the ATT site.
    08-25-09 08:56 AM
    What is the link? The OS update is not on the ATT site.
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

or

BlackBerry - Update your Device Software
    08-25-09 08:57 AM
151 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD