New user and I love it!
    12-07-08 08:46 PM
    Enjoy the phone and the site.
    12-07-08 08:48 PM
    12-07-08 08:49 PM
    What are some neat apps I should get? Its going to take awhile before I get used to this things
    12-07-08 08:50 PM
    There are afew lists in the threads. It really depends on what you are interested in. I like viigo for the weather and F1 news. Vlingo because I enjoy yelling at my phone. There are free software downloads in the crack store as well.
    12-07-08 08:53 PM
    Thanks! I'll check them out.
    12-07-08 08:55 PM
    I just got my first BB today. I downloaded viigo and google maps. Definitely worth it. Especially because BB Maps doesn't come on AT&T
    12-07-08 09:30 PM
    Bold is also my first BB and I'm glad I switched!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 10:05 PM
    I just got my first BB today. I downloaded viigo and google maps. Definitely worth it. Especially because BB Maps doesn't come on AT&T
    BB Maps isn't the same as AT&T Navigator? It came on mine.
    12-07-08 10:11 PM
    Another first-time Berry owner here, and I just picked up my Bold on Friday. Bold Girl: all I can tell you is that I thought there'd be a decent learning curve with the device too, but after having it just two days I've figured out most of the stuff pretty easily. As for apps, so far I've got Google Maps and Beyond411. I'd give you my PIN to msg. me with any further questions, but my Bold's currently sitting with the battery out as I'm waiting for this stupid skin I bought to dry, so I don't know what my PIN is at the moment lol. Anyway, everyone here's very helpful.
    Steve
    12-07-08 10:15 PM
    BB Maps isn't the same as AT&T Navigator? It came on mine.
    Nope. They're different apps. AT&T wants you to use its Nav so they can charge you $10 a month. If you want BB Maps, you have to download it to DM and add it to your BB. Personally, I decided to just download Google Maps. I like it a lot
    12-07-08 10:18 PM
    New bold user here too I can see why these things are so addicting now. I picked up mine yesterday. I originally had my heart set on a curve 8900 but the HUP from Rogers turned me off. They wanted $329 for 3 yrs term. WTF!!! Then they offer me $99 for the bold on a 3yr term with no activation fee. NO REGRETS, thats for sure. Enjoy everyone.
    12-07-08 10:38 PM
    Yay... good stuff. I congratulated you in another thread, but here is to another congratulations for picking such an excellent device.
    12-07-08 10:41 PM
    Nope. They're different apps. AT&T wants you to use its Nav so they can charge you $10 a month. If you want BB Maps, you have to download it to DM and add it to your BB. Personally, I decided to just download Google Maps. I like it a lot
    BB Maps works on my Bold. In fact, this is the first time I have ever seen the option to add BB maps. I tried it two nights ago and didn't like it. Deleted. I rather use AT&T Navigator.
    12-07-08 10:42 PM
    What are some neat apps I should get? Its going to take awhile before I get used to this things
    Great apps that I use:
    (most can be found in the CB store)

FileLock - I love being able to lock certain files/pics on my sd card and never have to worry when I lend someone my device.
    AIM - If you like to instant message. Good app, works pretty good for basic AIM functions. **remember to send yourself the service books first**
    VibandRing - The BB does not vibrate and ring simultaneously, but this app allows you to do so.
    CB Launcher - get your Crackberry fix quick with this launcher. Go to "wap.crackberry.com" from your bb browser and d/l it.
    TwitterBerry - if you like to twitter.
    Ascendo Money - One of the best finance managers for the BB
    Ascendo Fitness - Track nutrition, exercise & strength training.
    BBShortcuts - you can create shortcuts to native applications, third-party applications, websites, and common tasks like emailing, calling, and SMS’ing contacts.

Other great apps can be found here at the CB store or here.
    Last edited by Jayden0606; 12-07-08 at 10:55 PM.
    12-07-08 10:48 PM
    Hmm something strange is happening. I upgraded to .185 but not sure if it has anything to do with it. When i go into media and select songs under artist>album, the song i choose is not the song that gets played?!

Anyone else gets this?
    12-08-08 09:28 AM
    Hmm something strange is happening. I upgraded to .185 but not sure if it has anything to do with it. When i go into media and select songs under artist>album, the song i choose is not the song that gets played?!

Anyone else gets this?
    welcome to CB and congrats on the Bold!

I haven't had this problem with .185. Have you tried wiping it and doing a fresh install? maybe something didn't go right with the install? if you can't get it working with .185, give .190 a try.
    12-08-08 10:10 AM
    I ended up downgrading back to .167. More reliable and .190 screwed up my speakerphone since I'm using an Otterbox case.
    Last edited by maticore; 12-08-08 at 10:33 AM.
    12-08-08 10:21 AM
    Welcome aboard to everyone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-08 10:25 AM
    Another Bold newbie...had my phone since Sat and i seriously cannot put the thing down.

Coming from Winmo...OMG!!! what a godsend this phone is...does what its supposed to on the tin as they say.

Currently got bbalerts and peek a who on my phone...both trials so will decide once the trial is finished whether to buy them or not but im pretty sure ill be buying both as they are awesome.

Mind you BB has a different way of doing things compared to Winmo and other phones i have used in the past but the fact that i can now get my emails pushed to my device...rather than me having to log in makes such a big difference.

The phone itself is absolutely gorgeous...only minor complaint i have is that the web browser can be a bit of hit and miss at times but otherwise it rocks this phone.

I dont think ill be going back to any other phone thats not a blackberry... and just to say this site is awesome...
    12-08-08 10:26 AM
    Welcome to all of the new addicts.
    12-08-08 10:28 AM
    Welcome!! I too was a new BB owner when I got my Bold in Nov.

I downloaded Amaze since it has voice navigation and not just maps and text directions, since I can't pay for AT&T Nav or Garmin Mobile right now. I like it so far.

I can't live without Viigo, and since the .439 upgrade there have been no issues with it in regards to memory leak, etc.

I also downloaded PeekaWho, which I also love. It saves a lot of time when you are in other apps and you get a message so you can see what the msg is regarding without having to leave where you are at the moment.

QuickPull is a great app to do a fast reset without having to pull off your battery cover and/or use the 3 button method.

CaptureIT is a really good screen capture utility.

MaraTick is a great list app for grocery lists and other type of lists.

I just downloaded WHERE yesterday, it seems pretty usefull. I found a mexican restaurant that I didn't know was near me that was pretty good.

For other apps you can see this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/must-have-apps-90771/

Hope this helps.
    12-08-08 11:00 AM
    Quick question and it saves me from opening up a new thread but coming from non bb phones im still getting used to the Bold.

Now one thing that confuses me is the way RIM have set up sms, email and message boxes on the home screen. If i get an email i get it in my email box which is fair enough but i also get it in my message box...same with SMS as well...so this confuses me...is this something that RIM have always had??.

Secondly on other past non bb phones...i could see my deleted folder ie emails, text etc which i had deleted but on the Bold i see no option ie ive gone to option...went to view folders and i cannot see any deleted folders...im not really that fussed with deleted emails as i have it set so that i when i delete a mail..it deletes both on my handheld and my laptop ie gmail.

But when it comes to SMS then it would be handy to be able to see this...if possible??. Or is it a case that once you delete the sms text..its gone forever etc??
    12-08-08 11:12 AM
    As far as the SMS deletion goes I believe once it's delted it's gone. You can seperate the inboxs though by going to the General Options under Messages/Options
    12-08-08 11:15 AM
    As far as the SMS deletion goes I believe once it's delted it's gone. You can seperate the inboxs though by going to the General Options under Messages/Options
    Yeh seems that way..oh well ill just have to make sure i dont delete the messages i need lol.

Had a look through the options and played around with it...but i prefer to keep them separate.
    12-08-08 11:28 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD