I am going to get a Blackberry Tour 9630 in 10 days, I also have a chance to trade my Tour for Blackberry Bold 9000. Here is my priority needs from Blackberry.

My talk time is minimal, I use data mostly. I mainly use for e-mails and BB messenger. I want least amount of monthly fee.

My take on both devices:

Bold has wifi, which it will save me the data plan each month, but I must subscribe some kind of blackberry data plan to take advantage of push e-mail and BBM, so it defeated the purpose of getting wifi. But again, from where I work and at home, I have wifi 24hr/7d.

With wifi, will it take long time to connect? or will it automatically search available wifi and auto connect?

I could go with pay as you go and only use wifi only, this will save me a lot of money in long run.

Both Bold and Tour has GPS, but Tour GPS is locked is my CDMA carrier, but with wifi only, GPS from Bold is not useful.

Tour has better camera, newer bluetooth support, more flash memory, UMTS/HSPA ready.

Bold has more support for video/music formats, 1GB onboard memory.

Bold has simultaneously data and voice, Tour can only do one at a time.

Tour is newer device.

I only need e-mail and BBM, what is my best option?
    08-21-09 07:45 PM
    I go with the Bold

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 08:54 PM
    You need a data plan plus Bold.
    08-21-09 09:01 PM
    The Bold, of course!
    08-21-09 09:02 PM
    I would deff go with the Bold w/o a doubt...bigger screen, bigger keyboard which makes typing e-mails quicker and easier, I think the Bold has a better build overall...
    08-21-09 10:42 PM
    Bold FTW for all the reasons mentioned above. No wifi on the Tour was a major fail for RIM which they are quickly working to recover from. Bold is in a league of its own. Tour is a competitor to the 8900, another lower end device.

Mind you, they're all really, really good
    08-22-09 12:08 AM
    I main reason I get Bold is I can use wifi and save the data plan, but I need a data plan to get push email and BBM. So the end the saving is marginal.

Still thinking....
    08-22-09 01:21 AM
    It's worthwhile to have the wifi if you're ever in a spot where there's no cellular signal but there is wifi.

08-22-09 01:27 AM
    bold.

curious, why did you say the gps on the bold is "useless?" if you meant that it's not "usable" then you're wrong. download amaze gps (free app) and be amazed (no pun). if you meant that you're not going to use the gps feature, then never mind.
    08-22-09 01:56 AM
    I'm going to say 9630 just cuz I feel bad for the beating it's taking in this thread.

08-22-09 02:26 AM
    I'm going to say 9630 just cuz I feel bad for the beating it's taking in this thread.

it's difficult to expect anything less considering this IS a Bold 9000 board.
    08-23-09 01:36 PM
    Go for the bold. My friend went from the storm to the tour and loved it. Then he held my bold and was reluctant to hand it back to me :P

08-23-09 02:34 PM
    get the 9000.
    08-23-09 05:26 PM
    iphone 2g ...
    08-23-09 05:31 PM
    Surely the bold. I find wifi a must. Larger mem is nice on the tour, for me the bold is fast enough, even when running different apps. Wifi for me is a must. When i am home / office i ise wifi for speed, the bold auto connects. When I travvel the 3g is also fast. I am not really bothered with the camara on the phone, although the pics are decent enough for me on 2mp. When I want quality pics I ise a real camera.

Good luck with your choice!

08-23-09 06:21 PM
    The Bold's WiFi also connects to certain ATT "hotspots" too which is pretty cool.
    08-24-09 01:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD