Because the software just randomly became corrupted... it's a bit different than my old 9700, though. Firstly the vibration sounds different when someone texts me or calls me (I don't care about this though). But then I set a password for my phone, but when I lock my phone, I can just press the unlock button and it won't ask for my password and on my old phone it would ask for my password every time I unlocked my phone. My phone also dims differently when I press the lock button... and when I press a button when it's locked, a message comes up saying "press the lock button to unlock" when it used to say to press the green button and then * or something. It's just different and I don't like it, lol. Is there any way I can get the password settings as they were before? Also when I press the standby mode button, it doesn't do anything
    Last edited by nyletak_m; 10-06-10 at 07:08 PM.
    10-06-10 07:02 PM
    You could have downloaded, installed and used BBSAK to completely wipe the device by clicking the Wipe Device or Wipe OS button, then used the Load OS button to reload it after it rebooted with a 507 error.

You really wasted yer time and I feel lame for even posting a reply :L

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-10 08:37 PM
    most companies would've required the OP to do exactly that at least once before they processed a warranty exchange. so unless this wasn't a warranty deal, then i'm guessing that was attempted, or he/she complained enough that they just went ahead and did it for them anyway, which is extremely rare.
    10-06-10 08:41 PM
    i think ur new phone has an updated os... the newer os's dont password lock your phone when you lock it using the key on top of the phone... it only password locks if you click on the password lock icon in the phone or wait for it to time out and lock your phone after its been idle after a certain amount of time.

also the stand by button in the newer os updates are just used as a mute key and no longer a stand by feature.

hope that helps.
    10-06-10 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD