Just purchased a 9930 from Verizon, $199 (-)$50 rebate (-) $100 smartphone buyback =$49 I'm a HAPPY Camper!! Just a heads up, didn't see it in the other posts.

"Edit" Tried to change the title but edit wouldn't let me. The $199 is my upgrade price and the $100 buyback is a VZ credit. Sorry for the confusion. In the end,it's still a $49 purchase for me and a great promotion.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 09-20-11 at 01:16 AM.
    09-19-11 04:46 PM
    Your title is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo miss leading lol but how do you like your phone so far

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-11 10:24 PM
    Dam, I was hoping this was true as if Big Red was selling it this low, then other carries would lower it sooner rather than later to remain competitive. Oh well, my wife can wait a few more months, lol!

09-20-11 12:39 AM
    Your title is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo miss leading lol but how do you like your phone so far

Sorry, lol, I was a little excited when I posted. Although I did get it for $49, it was due to my upgrade for the $199 price, then the $50 rebate, which we did in the store, and my $100 buyback will come in the form of a credit with VZ, which is the same as cash to me because I'll use it toward my bill. Still, I didn't think I'd ever get the 9930 for that.
    I haven't used it yet, except for the hour I spent using the demo. I was quickly sold. I love the screen and keyboard. Tried the 9850, not for me. I won't activate it till tomorrow, as tomorrow is too critical for me and having a glitch free phone is a must, which my 9650 is. I'm just being realistic about switch problems.
    09-20-11 01:09 AM
    Sorry, lol, I was a little excited when I posted. Although I did get it for $49, it was due to my upgrade for the $199 price, then the $50 rebate, which we did in the store, and my $100 buyback will come in the form of a credit with VZ, which is the same as cash to me because I'll use it toward my bill. Still, I didn't think I'd ever get the 9930 for that.
    What $50 rebate? I can't find anything about it on Big Red's site. Please share.
    09-20-11 01:31 AM
    What $50 rebate? I can't find anything about it on Big Red's site. Please share.
    I didn't either. I had asked the sales person if there were any other promotions and she said " Hmmmm, well we have a $50 rebate program" That's the only way I was aware of it, go figure. I went in with a friend this evening to get his and I had to request the rebate, this other sales associate wasn't going to inform us of it. Went through without a hitch.
    A comparable deal is to go to Radio Shack, get the 9930 for $149 with upgrade (or 9850 for $99) and then get your $100 buyback, $49 or free for the 9850.
    Demand the rebate, this store had it.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 09-21-11 at 01:24 AM.
    09-20-11 09:17 PM
    Updated the title and congrats on your new device! I'm enjoying my 9930 on Sprint. It's a beauty.
    09-20-11 09:23 PM
    Updated the title and congrats on your new device! I'm enjoying my 9930 on Sprint. It's a beauty.
    Thanks, I didn't know how to edit the title.
    09-21-11 01:22 AM
    Cool, hope you have No issues as you start to use it.
    09-21-11 01:30 AM
    Thanks, I didn't know how to edit the title.
    No problem

Once you create the topic, the title can only get changed by a moderator.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-21-11 03:31 PM
    Nice work!! I am jealous, although I love my rogers on att.. I like to think it says rogers on the bottom to prove how hardcore I am haha
    09-21-11 03:58 PM
    According to VZW website, the "Smartphone Buyback" program is for old, "basic" devices. Was wondering, did you use your 9650 or a basic device for trade in?
    09-21-11 04:02 PM
    According to VZW website, the "Smartphone Buyback" program is for old, "basic" devices. Was wondering, did you use your 9650 or a basic device for trade in?
    I called VZ customer support, the rep said no at first. I said I thought the point was to move smartphones (read data), what does it matter what phone I return as long as I buy a new smartphone. He was very courteous and said "good question, I'll check with my supervisor" came back a minute later and apologized and said I was right, they'll take smartphones too. I had to go through the same thing with the store salesperson, but they did the verification for me and it went through. I did my 9650. At Radio Shack the 9850s are on sale for $99 with upgrade, that's a free 9850 with the buyback
    stormin_suzie likes this.
    09-21-11 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD