I'm trying to understand the reasoning behind the Bold not hitting the US market yet? I am in Canada and have Telus so I will not be able to get it, but I just seen a post saying it would be Nov before it hit the US why is that? they are testing it? didn't they test it before they released it to Canada? I just don't get it?
    08-23-08 04:16 PM
    I'm trying to understand the reasoning behind the Bold not hitting the US market yet? I am in Canada and have Telus so I will not be able to get it, but I just seen a post saying it would be Nov before it hit the US why is that? they are testing it? didn't they test it before they released it to Canada? I just don't get it?
    AT&T has 3G problems with the Bold and the iPhone 3G. Rogers and AT&T are two different types of carriers. The Bold works fine on Rogers 3G network, but not on AT&T's 3G network. I guess AT&T is pushing the Bold's release date back until they can fix this 3G and whatever problem they have to fix.
    08-23-08 04:21 PM
    Are you sure it's not related to pushing for the Iphone slaes or other marketing issues? You are correct that it's different networks but I'm being led to the fact that AT&T is conveniently pushing the dates back. I mean it has been launched in numeroous countries without a problem. I think AT&T is just screwing aound but that's only my opinion
    08-23-08 05:41 PM
    AT&T has 3G problems with the Bold and the iPhone 3G. Rogers and AT&T are two different types of carriers. The Bold works fine on Rogers 3G network, but not on AT&T's 3G network. I guess AT&T is pushing the Bold's release date back until they can fix this 3G and whatever problem they have to fix.
    oh ok, understand now and thanks for not giving me a DUH type response. lol!! I am still learning this stuff I have the pearl i know how to use it (web, im, phone) that's about it. I guess i need to go to the 101 group for beginners i probably have a cool little phone and just dont know it. (i have a pearl not a bold)
    08-23-08 05:49 PM
    Here is a thread already posted that answers your question.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/bla...3g-flaw-63635/
    08-23-08 05:51 PM

Those are my thoughts as well. Users that have brought the Bold (the ones I know) have had issues with it on the AT&T network, like the iPhone 3g. The funny thing is, other than the Bold and iPhone, all other 3g devices work well on our network. I've had the Blackjack II and never had issues with 3g reception.
    08-23-08 06:03 PM
    Those are my thoughts as well. Users that have brought the Bold (the ones I know) have had issues with it on the AT&T network, like the iPhone 3g. The funny thing is, other than the Bold and iPhone, all other 3g devices work well on our network. I've had the Blackjack II and never had issues with 3g reception.
    Yeah, it is one of those things that make you go "hmm." I am not sure what the deal is on that as well. Hopefully, it will get better over time. Perhaps, once the Bold is released, whenever that is, everything will be operating correctly. I am rather dubious about that however.
    08-23-08 06:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD