I just recently got back to my Bold 9700 after jumping around between android/winmo/iOS. I've had snapdragon phones, apple phones, everything that is supposed to be the snappiest and have the least lag, but my Bold still beats the **** out of all of them! Everything loads SUPER quick, there's zero wait time switching between apps, functions, etc, and the browser's actually not too bad once you get used to it. My Bold's signal beats the crap out of my friends' iPhone 4's and 3GS's and CERTAINLY isn't as glitchy as the HTC phones I've owned (G1, HD2, EVO). I see a lot of people hesitant to buy into Blackberry because they're overwhelmed by all the Android/Apple hype, and all I can say is DIVE RIGHT IN! They call it a "Crackberry" for a reason

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-10 02:02 AM
    Yea think about if Androids and iphones were not touch screens they wouldnt be as popular, especially the iphone that things not customizable for crap. My friend has the EVO and it takes him twice as long as it does me to find and open an app. My gf has the iphone and its just to simple for me. No themes, or color changes or alot of settings for the phone, its like a phone or kids lol.
    07-06-10 02:31 AM
    i concur! BB rocks!
    07-06-10 02:49 AM
    +1 to that.

Yea think about if Androids and iphones were not touch screens they wouldnt be as popular, especially the iphone that things not customizable for crap. My friend has the EVO and it takes him twice as long as it does me to find and open an app. My gf has the iphone and its just to simple for me. No themes, or color changes or alot of settings for the phone, its like a phone or kids lol.
    07-06-10 07:06 AM
    You probably don't live in France but Vodafone's visual answering machine thing is simply unusable for BB. And yes, the versions on iPhone and Android are butter smooth.

And the apps are snappy on BB but pity that there aren't many apps that require real raw power.
    07-06-10 08:05 AM
    Right on! 100% agree!
    07-06-10 10:11 AM
    I like everything about it. I thought about getting an iphone to play w/ once and a while. But this bold is great. Especially since they changed the upper buttons, using my phone as an mp3 player also works well.

I was stuck w/ a pearl for 2.5yrs, I'm like free now.

I knew so many tricks and always had to delete things and hit alt shift h or alt escr all the time to check memory.

Bold is badass

07-06-10 10:53 AM
    Also turning off dial from home screen upped the quickness/ease of use. My 6 icons on the bottom are only what isn't accessible from the keyboard.

07-06-10 10:56 AM
    I just recently got back to my Bold 9700 after jumping around between android/winmo/iOS. I've had snapdragon phones, apple phones, everything that is supposed to be the snappiest and have the least lag, but my Bold still beats the **** out of all of them! Everything loads SUPER quick, there's zero wait time switching between apps, functions, etc, and the browser's actually not too bad once you get used to it. My Bold's signal beats the crap out of my friends' iPhone 4's and 3GS's and CERTAINLY isn't as glitchy as the HTC phones I've owned (G1, HD2, EVO). I see a lot of people hesitant to buy into Blackberry because they're overwhelmed by all the Android/Apple hype, and all I can say is DIVE RIGHT IN! They call it a "Crackberry" for a reason

I cant agree more, my 9700 will demolish any "snapdragon" phone in speed, as well as just all around useability. And to those that ague "apps", do some fracking reasearch. Whatever iphone, android app you love but cant seem to find for bb probably already exists, take some time to look around, it may acctually be called something else entirely, but that doesnt mean it doesnt do exactly the same thing, or in most cases, preforms better than its iphone or android counterpart. My 4 year old 8300 was laggy, but anyone who thinks that of the 9700 just needs their head examined, or just needs to learn how to close their running apps.
    07-06-10 11:31 AM
    I also bounced around between android, iphone, and BB. About a week ago i popped my sim into my Bold and was angry at myself that i had actually put this in my drawer for about a month. Forget the iphone and android, i want a phone that has good signal and that will always work. My iphone got terrible signal and the battery life on android phones is pitiful. The blackberry can do everything that iphone and android can but still getting incredible signal and battery life.

GO BB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    07-06-10 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD