so finally got sick of using my iphone, battery sucks and it was just getting boring after using it sometime. went to the store yesterday and got me a Bold!
    had to pay full retail but love the phone, 3G works everywhere here in portland and the voice quality is amazing!
    now, is there any way to get emails to dispaly images automatically instead of having to do that manually? i know, I have already searched and set the setting to load images but still not working.
    wish me luck without my iphone
    Last edited by alejovh1; 05-28-09 at 01:33 PM.
    05-28-09 01:22 PM
    Well congrats on that. I too gave up the iphone back in Nov 08 for the Bold. I haven't looked back since. The battery life was a big factor on my choice as well. Along with expandable memory, removeable battery, video without jailbreaking, MMS and more. You will be happy once you have gotten use to the phone.
    05-28-09 01:28 PM
    are you selling your iphone
    05-28-09 01:31 PM
    good choice man!
    05-28-09 01:32 PM
    going on craigslist tonight, sorry no shipping
    05-28-09 01:33 PM
    Well Boss.
    I have to tell you, You just make one of the best steps ever in your life.
    this is my peronal opinion on the Iphone. It sucks.
    I have a Business on Ebay. And the iphone could not do what I want.
    Don't take wrong but, the Iphone it wasn't for me.
    On the settings for you phone. Dissable the Content Compression.
    That works for me.
    Good luck Boss and I hope you enjoy one of the most powerfull phone in the CellPhone Business.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 01:43 PM
    I made the same choice a few weeks ago. Greatest thing I ever did!
    05-28-09 01:46 PM
    Congrats on your bold and Welcome to CB!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 01:58 PM
    thanks, love it so far. its a little too big for my hans (skiny guy) but love the reliability of the device.
    now just waiting for my black bezel, trackball, etc.
    05-28-09 02:01 PM
    I just ditched my iPhone 3G yesterday! I finally got my hands on a Bold and I'm loving it! It's such a good smartphone! While I loved the apps on the iPhone, the Blackberry has most of the apps I loved (Flycast, Shazam, Facebook, Viigo, etc). One thing I'm looking for is a good (and free) podcasting app. That's probably the only thing I miss about the iphone, but once I find one, then I'll have everything I want!
    05-28-09 03:25 PM
    I had to make the decision between investing in an iPhone or the Bold and I chose wisely. I wanted to see how far down the rabbit hole went and let me tell you it goes pretty far with this phone. Its amazing!
    05-28-09 03:43 PM
    I had a 8830, pearl, to iphone 3g, i love and hate that phone..ultimately i chose the bold and love it since.

Iphone > annoying how u have to slide to answer calls, slow, sms takes forever to send, apps load times are slow, had to disable pretty much everything for a decent battery life, screen kept gettin smudgy....i was fed up with the whole txt thing, takes forever and errors out. After jailbreaking it was even slower..

So back to blackbery i went.
    05-28-09 03:50 PM
    I did the same yesterday. I had to get rid of a Sidekick LX 09 so I swapped with a cat from CL and got an iPhone 3G. Then I posted the iPhone 3G on CL wanting to trade for Bold and ended up getting a guy who gave me a brand new in the box Bold for the iPhone. I love my Blackberry and will never leave again.
    05-28-09 03:51 PM
    I did the same yesterday. I had to get rid of a Sidekick LX 09 so I swapped with a cat from CL and got an iPhone 3G. Then I posted the iPhone 3G on CL wanting to trade for Bold and ended up getting a guy who gave me a brand new in the box Bold for the iPhone. I love my Blackberry and will never leave again.
    Man you are so lucky for that trade. I wish when I got rid of my iphone 3g last NOV I could have gotten a trade like that.
    05-28-09 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD