• Yes!

63 65.63%
  • No, Not worth it

19 19.79%
  • Would like to, Cant Upgrade yet

9 9.38%
  • Not interested, 9650 Sucks

5 5.21%
    I looked at the up and downs of renewing my contract to go from the 9630 to the 9650 and decided that there is no point (for me).

Wi-Fi -- No use for it

Trackpad -- The Trackball never gave me any issues. I actually love it.

Thats about it! I'll renew my contract when something really nice comes out.

Who else is not upgrading and is eligible?
    04-27-10 10:04 AM
    if you want OS 6.0 you might want to upgrade. so far the Tour is NOT on the list to get the 6.0 update
    04-27-10 10:06 AM
    I looked at the up and downs of renewing my contract to go from the 9630 to the 9650 and decided that there is no point (for me).

Wi-Fi -- No use for it

Trackpad -- The Trackball never gave me any issues. I actually love it.

Thats about it! I'll renew my contract when something really nice comes out.

Who else is not upgrading and is eligible?
    Looks like the big reason to "upgrade" from a 9630 to a 9650 now is if you want OS6, as the 9630 will not get it. That may change a lot of people's minds.

Edit: damn you beat me to it
    04-27-10 10:06 AM
    I'm eligible and will.
    I'm looking forward to OS 6.0 and gonna need as much built-RAM as possible.
    9650 has 512mb so it is perfect for 6.0. Also, I have wifi everywhere and its a lot quicker then pulling data off the towers. especially if you lose 3G coverage and default down to 2G. my $.02
    04-27-10 10:07 AM
    I don't understand why there is so much dissatisfaction and why people need to make a point of starting a thread just to tell us how they won't be buying it. If there is no interest, I don't see why they're here to begin with.
    04-27-10 10:21 AM
    Ha ha! You must be new here.

I don't understand why there is so much dissatisfaction and why people need to make a point of starting a thread just to tell us how they won't be buying it. If there is no interest, I don't see why they're here to begin with.
    04-27-10 10:31 AM
    Lol yeah I wish they had a sub forum in here where where people can put all their rants and if they are getting the phone or not.

We all know this phone is very similar to the tour appearance wise and a lot of tour owners won't upgrade initially. We get it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 10:38 AM
    agree with you 100%... i thought this forum is to celebrate new BB devices... not bash RIM for improving products based on consumer complaints... consumers has issues with trackball and no wifi so RIM addressed is within a year... if you think you can do a faster and better job... start ur own smartphone company.

also thy went a step above and added 512 memory to make it OS 6 compatabile so people dont start b*tchin once OS 6 comes and say ohh the 9650 is allready outdated... the amount of negative nancys on this forums make you wonder if this is an android or iphoney forum... get over it ppl.. if u dont want the phone dont buy it ...

but poor RIM how will thy ever survive w/out the support of a few BB haters? I hope thy dont go bankrupt bc of a lack of support from few :/ *sarcasm*
    04-27-10 10:40 AM
    My plan is to ditch my business BBerry & personal Palm Centro for the 9650, but I may have to delay or end up not upgrading due to reasons having to do with my business BBerry.
    04-27-10 10:55 AM
    I will upgrade, I have a Tour which I'm happy with as I upgraded to it from a 8330.

For me the Wifi is the reason, I work in IT Networking including being a BES & email adminsitrator and WiFi on my BB will be useful. When I'm not at work, I do a lot of stuff outdoors and the trackball has been a problem so the trackpad is very desirable.

For the people that bash RIM.... RIM is at the mercy of the wireless carriers. Sprint, Verizon, AT&T and such. NO BlackBerry devices get out until the carriers say it's ok. Look at how long the Tour 2 has been in seen in the wild before becoming a Bold. If RIM had their way, we would better BlackBerry's but it's the wireless carriers that control the market with their marketing agreements and they are the one's to complain about, not RIM.
    04-27-10 11:09 AM
    I also won't be getting it. My tour is just fine so I don't see a point in "upgrading" to a phone that doesn't have that many changes. Trackpad is eehhh, wifi I never use and I still have a ton of memory on my phone. For the people that are thats awesome. It's personal preference. For me its not an upgrade I care about. I will probably get the slider when it comes out.
    04-27-10 11:29 AM
    I'm going to pic one up then take it apart.

I'm interested to see if any changes have been made to sure up device a little more ,
    9630 device build is pretty fragile. Its Bezel cross member , insulator ,screen set , camera flash & headphone jack souder connectors aren't very strong compared to 9700.
    Seeing the 9650 same layout I'm expecting the same exact parts..well except for trackball.
    Hopefully changes have been made time will tell

After take apart I will return post screen shots.
    04-27-10 11:30 AM
    I have a STORM 2 and am upgrading (or downgrading) to the Bold 9650 because I need a keyboard. I knew I was not going to like the touchscreen. So now I'm going back to a keyboard. I wish I could get a pearl but I'm sure Verizon will get the new pearl in a year or so. I dont think its a good idea to upgrade to the 9650 merely for getting ready for 0S 6. If and when OS 6 gets released, what assurances do we have that the Bold 9650 will be getting it? RIM is in the business of making money from people like us who obsess over new phones.
    04-27-10 11:36 AM
    My curve 8330 has been good to me but it's time to upgrade to a faster blackberry with a better camera and display. The trackpad and wifi is a bonus.
    04-27-10 11:43 AM
    cool story bro
    04-27-10 11:51 AM
    I'm going to pic one up then take it apart.

I'm interested to see if any changes have been made to sure up device a little more ,
    9630 device build is pretty fragile. Its Bezel cross member , insulator ,screen set , camera flash & headphone jack souder connectors aren't very strong compared to 9700.
    Seeing the 9650 same layout I'm expecting the same exact parts..well except for trackball.
    Hopefully changes have been made time will tell

After take apart I will return post screen shots.
    AGREED. I will be taking it apart too and converting it to white as i did with my 9630. I turned my 9630 white after a month of havin it.
    04-27-10 11:52 AM
    Im eligible for an upgrade so why not?? I can sell my mint condition, unlocked Tour for the same price as the upgrade will cost. Seems like a no brainer.

I cant believe that there are still people who believe there is no use for wifi whatsoever. Even wireless carriers are coming around in light of all the spectrum shortage issues. I suspect that carriers will push for more and more data/voice to be carried over wifi, maybe even with incentives in the future. With all the talk of tiered data plans, I see wifi becoming indispensable sooner than later.
    Last edited by cenloe; 04-27-10 at 01:14 PM.
    04-27-10 12:58 PM
    eh..I'll see if I can sell the Tour and use whatever cash I can get from the sale to pay for a Tour 2...I'm eligible for upgrade in August...good thing I got my original Tour via Ebay....Wi-Fi, OpenGL, and OS 6.0 are the main reasons why I am upgrading...especially Wi-Fi, since coverage at home sucks.
    04-27-10 01:05 PM
    heck ya! I am in line the day it is available from my vendor....
    04-27-10 01:11 PM
    I will be getting one...anything with a track pad is better than that damn ball!
    04-27-10 03:26 PM
    I will definitly be getting this phone, I have been waiting since it was the essex last year and I am still %100 satisfied with the specs of this phone
    04-27-10 03:44 PM
    I can't wait to get rid of this Palm Pre. WebOS is cool but the hardware they put it on is awful. Will be upgrading on June 8.
    04-27-10 03:50 PM
    Been waiting a year to upgrade my 8330. The only other device that I'll give consideration to will be the HTC Incredible.Since that'll be out in a couple days I'll have a chance to check it out before I make up my mind. I like Android but unless the HTC's hardware really wows me I'll be happily upgrading to the 9650.
    04-27-10 04:01 PM
    Im eligible for an upgrade so why not?? I can sell my mint condition, unlocked Tour for the same price as the upgrade will cost. Seems like a no brainer.

I cant believe that there are still people who believe there is no use for wifi whatsoever. Even wireless carriers are coming around in light of all the spectrum shortage issues. I suspect that carriers will push for more and more data/voice to be carried over wifi, maybe even with incentives in the future. With all the talk of tiered data plans, I see wifi becoming indispensable sooner than later.
    Because there are places that don't have wifi unless it is in your own house. I know gasp huh! If I am in a place that doesn't have data then I won't be getting wifi either. And when I get wifi I am in a place that I have a computer. So for people like me there is no point in it on a phone. For some people there is use for it. But there are other people that it is of no use to. People have different needs and uses.
    04-27-10 04:04 PM
    i am an impatient curve owner.
    i cannot wait for this humungus upgrade to my current device.
    04-27-10 04:06 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD