so i went on a night out, etc etc i broke the screen, possibly by sitting on it in my back pocket. not sure.

anyway i need to fix it asap, i have this crappy sony erricson flip thing and its doing my head in.

ive orderd a torx screwdriver to find out the screen model, and am going to try and replace it myself by buying a new one. i have watched a couple of videos. it looks pretty basic, but yet quite scary that i wood be taking my blackberry apart like that!!!

so just looking for sum advice, is this a good idea??
    08-17-09 10:43 AM
    dude that totally sucks just follow the video it should be that hard
    08-17-09 10:55 AM
    it is very easy to replace screens on all BBs sans the Storm. The Storm is not that bad, just more pieces to worry about.
    08-17-09 11:07 AM
    Do not over tighten your torx screws. They will strip and break and you will be unhappy.
    08-17-09 02:53 PM
    dude that sucks but why is this posted under the Onyx category?
    08-17-09 11:59 PM
    don worry, follow the video and you will be fine
    08-18-09 07:39 AM
    Be more cautious than ever. Tighten the screws too much and you risk cracking the screen and you won't even know.

Watch the videos over and over until you have it down perfectly.

Remember, unless you have the time and patience don't start on it. What I mean is, get all prior obligations out of the way so your free to do this.
    08-19-09 01:41 AM
    that totally sucks, maybe the back pocket isint a good spot for your phone :S
    08-19-09 11:20 AM
    cheers guys, ill take it all into consideration. this needs to happen!
    08-19-09 01:37 PM
    Man, if you cracked a Bold, don't ever get an iPhone... BB plastic seems twice as durable as iGlass.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 03:18 PM
    When you start make sure you are working on a nice, level work space that is cleared of everything but small little containers to put parts and screws in for categoring.

Its not that hard really, I took apart and rebuilt my Pearl then gave it away... stupid stupid me...
    08-19-09 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD