I am trying to setup my blackberry email address and also add a gmail account and when I go into manage internet email I am met with this message "We apologize, there was an error trying to access the service."

Its been like this for the past 18 hours. Can anyone shed some light on this? I'm using T-Mobile on a Rogers Bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 01:43 PM
    T-Mobile web site has been down today for maintenance, perhaps try again tomorrow.
    05-31-09 01:44 PM
    Ohh. Has it... Grrrr. I needs ma email setup.

When I try and click "try again" after that message appears I get taken to "wap.voicestream.com"

05-31-09 01:47 PM
    Just had that happen to me to...here is the solution....

I purchased a bold from someone who was on at&t and unlocked it to use on tmobile. Same thing happened to me and after 3 days of tech support, I was finally transferred to RIM. The problem was that the person who sold me the phone on their account, their PIN still showed as active. I had to call him to have at&t to release the pin. Once that happened, everything worked. Try that

05-31-09 02:28 PM
    Can someone on tmobile go to manage internet email and see if they have this same issue?

05-31-09 02:28 PM
    So still nothing and I get the same error logging in on mytmobile from the computer. Grrr. I guess I will manually load the service books...

05-31-09 05:16 PM

I purchased a bold from someone who was on at&t and unlocked it to use on tmobile. Same thing happened to me and after 3 days of tech support, I was finally transferred to RIM. The problem was that the person who sold me the phone on their account, their PIN still showed as active. I had to call him to have at&t to release the pin. Once that happened, everything worked. Try that

I hope that isnt what I have to end up doing. T-Mobile however said that they have my pin set in their system...
    05-31-09 10:17 PM
    I am trying to setup my blackberry email address and also add a gmail account and when I go into manage internet email I am met with this message "We apologize, there was an error trying to access the service."

Its been like this for the past 18 hours. Can anyone shed some light on this? I'm using T-Mobile on a Rogers Bold.

T-Mobile web site has been down today for maintenance, perhaps try again tomorrow.
    So still nothing and I get the same error logging in on mytmobile from the computer. Grrr. I guess I will manually load the service books...

Ummmm... Do you normally simply just ignore things you don't want to hear?
    05-31-09 10:32 PM
    Listen SANDOS, I am aware of what he wrote. Not that I need to explain to you but I called T-Mobile today and they said their maintenance is complete and there should be NO ISSUES. Their maintenance was upgrading the My T-Mobile page. THIS IS WHY I AM NOW CONTINUING FOR A SOLUTION. DONT BE A ****** BAG.

And if you were following the other thread (I am sure you werent), I have talked to 4 people now who are all able to successfully log in to their My T-Mobile and make changes, etc. with none of the problems I am experiencing.
    Last edited by JasonBourne; 05-31-09 at 11:13 PM.
    05-31-09 11:10 PM
    On AT&T, I had to log in to my BIS account on the PC before I could get the email to function properly. I am not sure if you can access the website through the My T-Mobile, unless they have a link on that page.

T-Mobile should supply you with the proper URL for you to administer your BIS account. You can also send service books and setup your gmail account there, too.

As you mentioned earlier, if the PIN is in T-Mobile's system, there should not be a problem with logging in via a computer. Other than that, you could have T-Mobile reset the account (delete and restore) and see if that works.
    Last edited by GMJeff; 06-01-09 at 01:55 AM.
    06-01-09 01:53 AM

Mr Jaymojones,

You were just about right with your solution. I finally was able to get transfered over to RIM and they found that the device was still linked to the previous owners ATT account. He fixed it on his end, we did a battery pull and I am now a happy camper. For 3 days I was trying to get T-Mobile to let me talk to them and they wouldnt let me. Finally today the rep went ahead and transfering, but not before telling me that they wouldnt be able to do anything. Thanks for the tip man.
    06-01-09 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD