Just placed an order for the Nokia E71

Gonna give it a shot and see how it compares to my BB.

I feel like a traitor!

Or...maybe I will just hold on to it until the Bold is released. Who knows!
    09-01-08 12:50 AM
    There's no harm in one trying out new stuff, if you like it it sure does not make you a traitor. The E71 is a nice device, hope you get your Bold soon to check out the comparison..
    Last edited by mobiman; 09-01-08 at 01:05 AM.
    09-01-08 01:03 AM

I feel like a traitor!

You can always have both!... like me..
    09-01-08 03:03 AM
    Let us all know how you go with the E71 and what it's like.

I do like the look of it, not as much as my bold but it looks like a good device
    09-01-08 08:02 AM
    Finland is always sneaking one in there!

But the 3.2 megapixel camera w/ video call capability is SWEET! And an FM radio? Dammit!
    Last edited by Hamp; 09-01-08 at 08:07 AM.
    09-01-08 08:05 AM
    I remember when it was Nokia or nothing!!
    09-01-08 08:06 AM
    If it hadn't been for the Bold's screen I think I might also have gone for an E71... but a week or so on here soon persuaded me otherwise!
    09-01-08 08:09 AM
    I remember when it was Nokia or nothing!!
    So do I, about 1 blackberry & 2 Sony Ericssons ago. I'm never defecting now
    09-01-08 08:10 AM
    There should be like some first ever, BB rally or march or something to show how many consumers like and/or depend on BB and RIM.

That way, we could all meet and assemble outside RIM HQ and personally tell them what we like, don't like and WANT in our BBs! That will show them how many loyal fans and customers they REALLY have!
    Last edited by Hamp; 09-01-08 at 08:28 AM.
    09-01-08 08:17 AM
    I currently have 3 Blackberry's: 8120,8800 and now the beautiful 9000.
    I'm considering getting the E71 as well though, it does look nice, but doesnt compare to the Bold IMO. They serve different purposes, so it really is a "needs must" situation - There are features that are available on the 9000 that a lot of users won't need, as are there features on the E71 that some users won't need nor want.
    09-01-08 08:21 AM
    That would be some sight. Personally I no longer see the big deal about the iphone, think its over-rated. At least RIM have decent, durable connectors...unlike sony ericsson why do all their products have the most badly designed plugs and connectors? Really put me off their stuff [including sony computers].
    09-01-08 08:24 AM
    I currently have 3 Blackberry's: 8120,8800 and now the beautiful 9000.
    I'm considering getting the E71 as well though, it does look nice, but doesnt compare to the Bold IMO. They serve different purposes, so it really is a "needs must" situation - There are features that are available on the 9000 that a lot of users won't need, as are there features on the E71 that some users won't need nor want.
    Yeah, even though we all talk about the love/hate relationship of stuff, it all boils down to what YOU have a need/want for. And that's what really sells.......

OK, ok, alot of people buy stuff just to say I have the latest and the greatest w/o doing their homework, but.....
    09-01-08 08:25 AM
    I dont feel that anyone should consider themselves a traitor nor should anyone treat you as such. There isnt one perfect device and being stuck on one brand will never allow you to know what the right one is for YOU!

If we had all stayed with one company out of some sense of loyalty, we might not have never known that there is something better suited to our needs & taste out there. I had been with Palm for so many years & there was a time I couldnt imagine leaving them behind.

I moved over to WMo & wasnt happy. Had I stayed with Palm, I would have never tried WMo & got to know for myself just how horrible I think their phone & OS is. Switching to BlackBerry gave e a chance to try something else. Currently I am happy, but if I should feel inclined to move on again, I'll do so with no regrets.
    09-01-08 08:28 AM
    Someone delete his Crackberry account.

Nik.

Edit :: I was joking, please let us know what you think....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by orangenik; 09-01-08 at 09:00 AM.
    09-01-08 08:29 AM
    Someone delete his Crackberry account.

Nik.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Why? This is why people have choices.
    09-01-08 08:32 AM
    All I meant was for me personally speaking from my experience. That is in no way calling anyone else a traitor, nor do I think that was the intention of anyone else. We all have our own preferences
    09-01-08 08:38 AM
    OK, I think we settled this one. Let's get back on topic!
    09-01-08 08:40 AM
    OK, I think we settled this one. Let's get back on topic!
    Aye! right so are you organising the rally? I always wanted to go to Canada lol
    09-01-08 08:44 AM
    I have a hard time organizing my BB!
    09-01-08 08:51 AM
    If only I could afford to spent less time @ work then I'd have more time for the important things!
    09-01-08 08:58 AM
    All I meant was for me personally speaking from my experience. That is in no way calling anyone else a traitor, nor do I think that was the intention of anyone else. We all have our own preferences
    Not sure what this is about. My comments on being labeled a traitor is based off of what the OP said below. I responded to that point because I've been a part of forums in which people who have left to try others things were labeled as traitors. I dont feel a person should carry the title of traitor, even if its a self inflicted label, for trying something new.
    No where did I say or accuse anyone of calling someone a traitor.

I feel like a traitor!

09-01-08 09:03 AM
    Not sure what this is about. My comments on being labeled a traitor is based off of what the OP said below. I responded to that point because I've been a part of forums in which people who have left to try others things were labeled as traitors. I dont feel a person should carry the title of traitor, even if its a self inflicted label, for trying something new.
    No where did I say or accuse anyone of calling someone a traitor.
    I got what you were saying, however its a light hearted conversation, why make more out of it than it is? I took it all in good fun as did the others [loads of smilies in use], sometimes being overly sensitive stirs up more trouble than its worth...
    09-01-08 09:14 AM
    Can't we all just post, LEARN and SHARE!

Do you BlackBerry?
    09-01-08 09:56 AM
    Can't we all just post, LEARN and SHARE!

Do you BlackBerry?
    Exactly!!!!! Love the photo!
    09-01-08 10:01 AM
    Thanks. I just put it up while conversing this thread!

Do you BlackBerry?
    09-01-08 10:04 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD