Shun the non believer, shun shun!
    09-01-08 10:24 AM
    dont ban me!!

I will let everyone know what I think of it once its delivered!
    09-01-08 01:28 PM
    Curvey please let me know about the browsing experience on the Nokia. How much did you pay for it? Are you using it on ATT? I have been on the bubble about purchasing this device. I am going to switch to ATT from T-Mo and may purchase this device as well as the Bold. I hear the 3G on this Nokia is flawless....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-08 08:01 PM
    Curvey, please let me know how the browsing experience is on this Nokia. I have been thinking of purchasing one myself. I am about to switch to ATT from T-Mo and will purchase the Bold if it ever comes out. I thought I may but the E71 as well. I hear the 3G works flawlessly on it.

09-01-08 08:02 PM
    WOW! I didn't think my 1st post went through as I lost signal. Sorry for the double post!!!!

09-01-08 08:04 PM
    I almost went with an e71 until I played with an unlocked one at my local best buy. I will give nokia this, it's quite a stunning device. However I just can't go back to Symbian and I need my BB email. S60 is overly complicated and stale to me.

09-01-08 09:53 PM
    Im on Tmo as well, will definately let you know how it goes!

Should have it by Wed
    09-01-08 09:54 PM
    I said I would update when I received it so I am

Got the E71 today, been playin with it for about 6 straight hours!

I likey! Havent figured everything out yet but Im sure after a few days I will!

Few things:
    I set up an exchange email, works fine for "push"

Browser, IMO, is leaps and bounds better than my BB

OS is MUCH quicker- NO LAG AT ALL

I like the screen and have no problems with the keyboard and I even have long nails

Im excited to learn more as I go along! I like it A LOT and its definately a keeper.
    09-04-08 12:55 AM
    glad you like. Its unfortunate you dont have 3G. The browser is really fast.
    09-04-08 02:16 AM
    I am dying to know more details curvey.....
    09-04-08 10:05 AM
    i am also curious, can I set up my hotmail on the E71 and also can I use it as a modem?
    09-04-08 10:08 AM
    Maybe ask that in the Other Smartphones forum instead of the Bold one.
    09-04-08 11:38 AM
    What is an E71? I've never heard of that at Telus? (big suprise lol)
    09-04-08 11:41 AM
    And start a whole other thread?? This is completely on topic! Asking someone a question on the phone she just purchased! Sorry she started this thread in the 9000 thread but uhhhh, I am guessing this is the place to ask her.
    09-04-08 11:45 AM
    I just got the phone and he was asking the question directly to me

tj, I got your email and I will address your questions ASAP, still playing with it

However, I do know that with the built in email app, hotmail is not supported, you put in all your information to configure it via the app but all it does is make a bookmark for hotmail in the browser. But I have been reading around and I believe there is a way around it, I just havent figured it out as i dont use hotmail.

Yes, I believe can be used as a modem but wont know for sure until I get home from work and look deeper in to it.

Will let you know soon!

Sandy
    09-04-08 11:51 AM
    oh and PS... yes I REALLY wanna see what this thing does on 3G booo TMobile! booo!

Im thinking once the Bold is released Im going to have both And make the switch to ATT but this will hold me over until the Bold is available and all the kinks are worked out
    09-04-08 11:54 AM
    I read a side-by-side comparison of the iPhone, Bold and E71 in Bloomberg magazine and they were saying that the E71 is a pretty good phone. It didn't get as good of reviews as the Bold though. I'd be curious but not curious enough to give up my BB.
    09-04-08 02:11 PM
    What is an E71? I've never heard of that at Telus? (big suprise lol)
    lol.. good luck getting a reply
    09-04-08 02:23 PM
    Curvey, I just caved as well. Mine will be here tomorrow! What do you think thus far??
    09-05-08 01:42 PM
    Curvey, I just caved as well. Mine will be here tomorrow! What do you think thus far??
    OMG! I love it! FOR REALSIES!

The OS is SO fast!!

Also, what I have noticed is that there are A LOT of FREE 3rd party apps available for Symbian that work EXCELLENT.

Thus far I have Slick installed (IM client, just like Jivetalk but FREE), Conversation which is an app that allows threaded SMS, something I SOOO missed from my Treos- also FREE! And Call Filter which blocks unknown callers, exactly like Blacklist for the BB but totally FREE

And they all work great! No issue with stability and super easy to install and get working. I totally LOVE this phone and Im VERY glad I made the switch!

I have a free exchange email (mail2web) and all my gmail accounts are set up thru that so I have "push" ability. The browser- AWESOME!!! GPS, WIFI all flawless! I could go on and on

I really really hope you like it too! Let me know what you think, k?

Sandy
    Last edited by sheiscurvey; 09-05-08 at 07:33 PM.
    09-05-08 07:31 PM
    Curvey,
    I am soooo glad to hear you say all those things. I will let you know tomorrow after I get it. Btw, I switched to ATT today so I will have 3G as well. Totally stoked. I had my 8320 unlocked by T-Mo before I switched and as you know the Nokia is already unlocked so when I moved to ATT I didn't buy a phone from them so I am still eligible for an upgrade price indefinitely until the Bold is released.

09-05-08 08:55 PM
    E71 was an awesome phone. I'm missing it already and I sold it 2 days ago
    09-05-08 10:23 PM
    Curvey,
    I am soooo glad to hear you say all those things. I will let you know tomorrow after I get it. Btw, I switched to ATT today so I will have 3G as well. Totally stoked. I had my 8320 unlocked by T-Mo before I switched and as you know the Nokia is already unlocked so when I moved to ATT I didn't buy a phone from them so I am still eligible for an upgrade price indefinitely until the Bold is released.

AWESOME!

Yea, Im definetly gonna be making the switch to ATT when the Bold FINALLY gets released. However, right now Im running the E71 on Tmo with no 3G so you HAVE to tell me how good it performs with a 3G connection!

I will be awaiting your review of the E71!
    09-05-08 10:41 PM
    I can tell you that the e71's browser is something else on 3G, its really good. Its a shame you cant use my favorite e71 features like video calling and live tv there.
    09-06-08 02:56 AM
    WOW Curvey! Thats all I can say. This phone is awesome. It's tiny compared to my Curve but a bit heavier. The form and build of this phone is amazing. Solid. Don't get me wrong I love my Curve but it feels cheap and plasticky (is that a word?) compared to the E71. The browser on 3G is awesome. Blows my Opera Mini on my Curve AWAY! OS is quicker. This phone is beautiful and nearly as sexxy as your AVATAR! (just joking....but not really) There is so much to learn yet but so far I am stoked. I will still be buying the Bold when released but this phone is going to be one of the best I have owned. There will be much more to come. I have been toying with this thing non-stop since 9am and have to go play with it more. I have the connection set to dual (UMTS and GSM) and the battery is hasnt even dropped one bar in like 9-10hrs. I am so friggin' pumped. I will let you know more in a bit. BTW, where can I find all those free downloads you were talking about?
    09-06-08 06:19 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD