So after searching, using and reading so much on this forum, i finally made an account because i can't seem to upgrade even though i followed the instructions of the sticky on the bb bold 9000 forum section.

- I even deleted anything blackberry on my add/remove programs.
    - Deleted the vendor.xml file.
    - Installed the downloaded program from the website stated on the sticky.
    - Plugged in my BB
    - I even turned off the internet.
    - Click on App Loader and it showed the checked apps that i have on my BB but after i click next it just said along the lines of no other action is required and does not recognize the v5.0 installed.

I cant seem to figure out what to do after i tried it so many times. =[

I search and read through pretty much all of the threads about not being able to install, and i still cant figure it out.

Help!
    06-20-10 12:46 AM
    hello

Have a look at the link in my signature ( Any OS Upgrading Procedre ) . . . this could solve it

Good Luck
    06-20-10 07:36 AM
    After deleting everything BlackBerry, you did still leave this particular OS 5 installed on your computer correct? Once you download it you have to double click it, and install it to your computer like a program, you have done this?
    06-20-10 07:50 AM
    There are some very good and detailed instructions here:
    BlackberryOS - Your Blackberry RIM Software and RIM Applications Source - All In One Guide - How To Upgrade Your Device - with Pictures & Videos
    I would make sure that the new OS is installed on your computer (you have to "run" it after installing it). Make sure that you are not connected to the internet when installing the OS onto your phone.
    Watch the 3rd and 4th video in the link above and you should be able to do the upgrade.
    06-20-10 08:39 AM
    Aww thanks you guys for replying!!

Yes, i did download, and double-click to run the program to install. Wasnt connected to the internet either while installing the OS onto my phone.

I just tried it again following the same steps in the sticky and still no luck.
    And I did watch the step by step video of the link you posted up tellsells. Thank you!

So.... i guess i'll need to download BBSAK and wipe my BB clean =(
    Sounds kind of risky haha but hopefully it works then! I'll post from my phone if it do haha

Thank's again!!
    06-20-10 03:34 PM
    Wow, so after my last post i downloaded the Desktop Manager off of the blackberry website since i figure i'll follow the steps from the link that was posted by tellsells.

I installed the DM, opened it, and it prompt me to plug in my BB so i did and BAM! It shows up a screen of updating to 5.0 OS! SoOoo after a while im now running on OS 5.0!! YAY!!

But mannn i spent like nearly 5 hours yesterday trying to update this **** lol

Its unfortunate Themes that worked in 4.7 wont work for 5.0 boooo since i had a favorite one haha

I do notice my SMS alert is lower than usual. I'll check out the rest of the functions.

Thanks again crackberrrrryy forum!!
    06-20-10 04:43 PM
    Glod that your issue was solved
    06-20-10 04:54 PM
    After using my bb with the new 5.0 OS is it normal how:

1. Earlier today when i pulled my battery out and put it back on it drops from 50% to 35%

2. I end up deleting BBM out of my phone since i never use and only had 2 contacts on there but we usually just SMS and i feel like it didnt make much of a difference on my phone in terms of file free under my status. I havent downloaded any new apps than what i had before.

3. I have the Imagining Theme prior to the 5.0 upgrade and i redownloaded it without uninstalling the old one, does it create much of an issue as in using up more memory?

4. Lastly, when i plug my phone in using the DM and clicked on application loader, under update software it said 4.6 (preferred) why!?

So.. how do i prevent power leak/memory lost/wassup with my DM?
    Last edited by mabelline; 06-21-10 at 05:15 AM.
    06-21-10 12:21 AM
    After using my bb with the new 5.0 OS is it normal how:

1. Earlier today when i pulled my battery out and put it back on it drops from 50% to 35%

2. I end up deleting BBM out of my phone since i never use and only had 2 contacts on there but we usually just SMS and i feel like it didnt make much of a difference on my phone in terms of file free under my status. I havent downloaded any new apps than what i had before.

3. I have the Imagining Theme prior to the 5.0 upgrade and i redownloaded it without uninstalling the old one, does it create much of an issue as in using up more memory?

4. Lastly, when i plug my phone in using the DM and clicked on application loader, under update software it said 4.6 (preferred) why!?

So.. how do i prevent power leak/memory lost/wassup with my DM?
    Answers-
    1: Yes that is normal on all 5.0 OS. If you do a battery pull when your battery is at 50% (or so) or lower, it goes down by 10-15% but when you put it on charge it charges up quicker.
    2: How did you delete BBM? Go to applications>click on core applications in the upper right corner>scroll down and see if Blackberry Messenger is still there? If it is , the only way to delete it is to first upgrade Blackberry Messenger to a newer version (and then it will be listed as a add-on application and no longer in core applications). You can then delete it. I have a feeling you did not delete it properly because there is a big increase in memory when you do.
    3: You should delete your 4.6 themes and get a 5.0 specific theme. They run smoother. And after installing a theme it is always good to do a battery pull. There will be some slight memory "leak" with a third party theme but a good theme won't leak too much.
    4: You might still have 4.6 OS buried somewhere on your computer. You can download a program called CCleaner (google it) on your computer and run "Registry". It might find 4.6 that way and then you can delete it.
    Last edited by tellsells; 06-21-10 at 06:55 AM.
    06-21-10 06:30 AM
    Answers-
    1: Yes that is normal on all 5.0 OS. If you do a battery pull when your battery is at 50% (or so) or lower, it goes down by 10-15% but when you put it on charge it charges up quicker.
    2: How did you delete BBM? Go to applications>click on core applications in the upper right corner>scroll down and see if Blackberry Messenger is still there? If it is , the only way to delete it is to first upgrade Blackberry Messenger to a newer version (and then it will be listed as a add-on application and no longer in core applications). You can then delete it. I have a feeling you did not delete it properly because there is a big increase in memory when you do.
    3: You should delete your 4.6 themes and get a 5.0 specific theme. They run smoother. And after installing a theme it is always good to do a battery pull. There will be some slight memory "leak" with a third party theme but a good theme won't leak too much.
    4: You might still have 4.6 OS buried somewhere on your computer. You can download a program called CCleaner (google it) on your computer and run "Registry". It might find 4.6 that way and then you can delete it.
    2. Actually, i did EXACTLY what you typed, originally under core then upgraded, it listed under add-on and delete. I read it on some other thread and followed those same steps. It's no longer under my applications so i know its gone. The thing i couldnt do even though i followed the steps were removing Visual Voicemail.

3. For my theme what i did was redownload the same theme from App World without uninstalling the theme i had from 4.6 but when i redownloaded it i wasnt aware if it was capable with 5.0 because i didnt read about it. Though what i'll do is uninstall it.

4. I'll download the program.

Thanks tellsells.
    06-21-10 02:36 PM
    2. Actually, i did EXACTLY what you typed, originally under core then upgraded, it listed under add-on and delete. I read it on some other thread and followed those same steps. It's no longer under my applications so i know its gone. The thing i couldnt do even though i followed the steps were removing Visual Voicemail.

3. For my theme what i did was redownload the same theme from App World without uninstalling the theme i had from 4.6 but when i redownloaded it i wasnt aware if it was capable with 5.0 because i didnt read about it. Though what i'll do is uninstall it.

4. I'll download the program.

Thanks tellsells.
    By deleting BBM you gained a bunch of memory after the battery pull. I use Visual Vociemail (and I really like it) so I can't help you to remove it.

From my experience, any 4.6 theme does not run well on 5.0. I personally have deleted any 4.6 themes and only use themes are are specific for 5.0. (As an example, Metro Black or Metro White theme by BBTthemes is an excellent 5.0 theme that does not leak very much memory.) And I have found after installing a new theme (or even switching from one theme to another) that the memory management is much better after a battery pull.
    06-21-10 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD