Its officially driving me insane. I feel like it gets looser and looser every single day. Ever time i hold it and try to type the back of it starts creaking and clicking away. The bold is only two weeks old, and I went to the store yesterday to try and exchange it since its within the 30 days but I wasn't allowed to because I had already exchanged once already due to my first bold having speaker problems. Too bad, because my first Bold felt a lot more solid then this one.

I was going to try to the card trick but I heard that it just causes the latch to loosen more over time.

I ordered a replacement latch from CNN to see if that helps and I have my Seidio Inno Case waiting for me when I return to school on sunday.

How bad does your Bold squeak?
    01-31-09 05:22 PM
    Instead of a biz card I've used black electrical tape – one or two strips on the inside of the cover. It's stopped the creaking/squeaking. The downside is that the cover pops off a little easier than it should. Thinking about purchasing a new battery cover to see if it fits better.

This is definitely one thing about the Bold that really annoys me. The fit of the cover, plus the way it flexes, plus the latch design – poorly conceived/designed imo.
    01-31-09 05:37 PM
    I folded a post it in half but it doesn't really bother me anymore cuz I slapped a hard case on my bold so I don't really deal with the battery cover issue

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 05:56 PM
    My batt cover was like that initially. Now, it is quite secure. I cannot even begin to tell you what happened. Unless, of course, over time it goes away.
    01-31-09 06:00 PM
    and 9500/9530 owners get hammered for using the business card:-P
    LOL
    Blackberry's been slacking a bit! My battery door cover on my old curve was loose feeling, replacing it with one from ebay and it was a winner :-)
    01-31-09 06:01 PM
    i havent had any of the problems yall are having and my bold is like a month old
    01-31-09 06:06 PM
    My Bold did it from day one....I just ordered an otter case online hoping that will solve my problem. I just upsets me that I spent $500.00 on a phone and it's construction tolerance are extremely to lose.
    01-31-09 06:07 PM
    Its one of the weaknesses from bold..... My bold is 2 months old, its squeaking abit, then I bought cozip case to cover it...

01-31-09 06:11 PM
    Count me in the loose battery cover club. Sometimes when I sit my phone down and go to pick it up, the cover falls off. Part of it is because of the design of the mute/standby button being so hard to press. I have the grip the top and bottom of the phone with my first finger and thumb and half of the time I end up pressing the batter latch.
    01-31-09 06:18 PM
    If the cover falls off, that's even worst....

01-31-09 06:19 PM
    My Bold did it from day one....I just ordered an otter case online hoping that will solve my problem. I just upsets me that I spent $500.00 on a phone and it's construction tolerance are extremely to lose.
    Ouch.

The message you have entered is too short.
    01-31-09 06:45 PM
    That's not right! AT&T should take care of the problem. When you spend this kind of $ on a device you shouldn't have this issue. I would definitely try again to return it. Ask the store manager if he would except this.

01-31-09 07:00 PM
    A folded post it inside the battery cover solved my creaking issue.

02-01-09 02:22 AM
    A folded post it inside the battery cover solved my creaking issue.

It just makes me mad I have to ghetto rig my new phone for it to work properly.
    02-01-09 04:22 AM
    Lol I totally understand.

02-01-09 06:47 AM
    The phone works properly without the ghetto-rigging. There's no such thing as a perfect device. You guys have a loose battery cover, some folks have dead pixels, and I belong to the crappy mute/stand-by button support group. These phones are like marriage... there's no such thing as a woman with no faults, you just gotta find one with faults that don't bother you as much.
    02-01-09 06:59 AM
    I had a tight battery door, then dropped my phone and it became a loose, creaky battery door. But I bought a new one from Best Buy and the new one is not loose. Was easily fixable for me and yah - would prefer this problem than the stand-by button problem or any other.
    02-01-09 08:44 AM
    The phone works properly without the ghetto-rigging. There's no such thing as a perfect device. You guys have a loose battery cover, some folks have dead pixels, and I belong to the crappy mute/stand-by button support group. These phones are like marriage... there's no such thing as a woman with no faults, you just gotta find one with faults that don't bother you as much.
    Ehh. I'm going to have to disagree. For $550 the phone should be solid. I shouldn't have to live with flaws on a brand new device. I'm coming from an iPhone and I have loved the transition so far but this pisses me off. And this isn't the only problem. The keyboard also squeaks like crazy. Basically the overall build quality of the device is ****.

I'm going to try getting a new battery door. I heard that its the latch is the problem though.
    Last edited by iRace559; 02-01-09 at 11:35 AM.
    02-01-09 11:31 AM
    from a mechanical perspective, i think that the hinges on the door are too small. I would consider putting a but of putty in the holes.
    02-01-09 01:17 PM
    I had a loose cover but I solved it by putting a small piece of paper in latch mechanism then putting the cover on. Now I can't get the cover off as the latch won't push down far enough to allow it to release

I guess if my keyboard freezes and I have to do a battery pull I'll have to break it off somehow
    02-01-09 04:08 PM
    At first I didn't have any creaking issues, but noticed as of last night that mines a bit loose / creaks in the top left corner. I love BB, but the general build quality of the Bold is starting to get to me.
    02-01-09 04:18 PM
    At first I didn't have any creaking issues, but noticed as of last night that mines a bit loose / creaks in the top left corner. I love BB, but the general build quality of the Bold is starting to get to me.
    Top left is the same spot for me. But I don't have any other build issues.
    02-01-09 04:30 PM
    Mine is a little loose also. It's an At&t that I had unlocked. It's OK as long as it doesn't get any worse. I wonder if a replacement door would do better.
    02-01-09 05:05 PM
    Mine is a little loose also. It's an At&t that I had unlocked. It's OK as long as it doesn't get any worse. I wonder if a replacement door would do better.
    I replaced mine once already, it was good for one week but then started creaking again.
    02-01-09 05:15 PM
    Been through two Bold's with the same battery cover and it's as tight as a clam.
    02-01-09 05:26 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD