Get a new one
    Or u can always get a silicon casing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 08:00 PM
    Get a new one
    Or u can always get a silicon casing

It still clicks with the silicone casing, just a little less. That's why Im throwing a seidio inno case on it tomorrow.
    02-02-09 03:17 AM
    mine wasnt that loose but it was not as tight as i would have liked....so i just took a screw driver and "pinched" the metal part that the bottomw of teh back cover latches into. no problems anymroe...in fact now its hard to take eth back off lol.
    02-02-09 08:13 AM
    doubel sided padded scotch tape between the phone and the cover will solve the loosesness/falling off/creaking
    02-05-09 11:03 PM
    You can use the Business card method, I asked Rogers to replace mine and they replaced the whole unit.
    02-05-09 11:37 PM
    +1 For business card. works great, mind you a trimmed it a little in the length but no more creaking.
    02-05-09 11:44 PM
    I developed this problem over time and right now it's super loose and real irritating. The lightest touch of the battery latch will cause the cover to come off... It's starting to make me consider trading for an 8900....
    02-05-09 11:46 PM
    it only makes sense that any cover will gradually loosen a bit everytime it's removed for a battery pull...

the first few times i did a battery pull, it was difficult to remove the cover. it's gotten easier over time, for better or worse...
    02-05-09 11:46 PM
    +1 on the build quality being crap...

For this kinda money, and from a name like Blackberry, I truly expected a lot more from the Bold... I mean coming from an iPhone or Google G1, the Bold FEELS like crap.

I hope AT&T gets the 8900 soon...
    02-06-09 03:24 AM
    +1 on the build quality being crap...

For this kinda money, and from a name like Blackberry, I truly expected a lot more from the Bold... I mean coming from an iPhone or Google G1, the Bold FEELS like crap.

I hope AT&T gets the 8900 soon...
    Just buy one and unlock it. The lack of 3g is a deal-breaker for me though.

My Seidio Inno Case has been keeping me real happy. Its a great slim case that offers good protection without added bulk and keeps my battery cover snug in place.
    02-06-09 03:36 AM
    it only makes sense that any cover will gradually loosen a bit everytime it's removed for a battery pull...
    My old original Curve has had many a battery pull and the cover is tight, like as in 0 play. That makes more sense to me.

The Bold does it too? I just came in here to check it out. I have a Flip, and the loose battery cover was the first thing I noticed out of the box. There are more than a few threads on it.

It's a shame. I like the Flip and I read good things about the Bold but nobody at RIM picked up a preproduction model and said "hey this is not up to par"?
    02-06-09 04:24 AM
    +1 for loose battery cover... I will install a new bezel. Hopefully that'll fix it.

05-27-09 10:49 PM
    Alright, I just replaced my bezel with a brand new OEM one from CNN.cn and now, no loose battery cover. In fact, it's tight to the point of how they originally meant to feel like, almost double click, when they put the battery cover back on.

05-28-09 08:12 PM
    I just use some black electrical tape on the inside of the door.
    05-28-09 08:25 PM
    i took paper and folded it.. and i put it inside and then covered it with the battery cover and now its not loose anymore. Sucks that its loose though :/ and does replacing the bezel really fix this? like what sharkattack said.
    05-28-09 08:44 PM
    i took paper and folded it.. and i put it inside and then covered it with the battery cover and now its not loose anymore. Sucks that its loose though :/ and does replacing the bezel really fix this? like what sharkattack said.
    Depends, because the bezel isn't the only possible culprit. Some battery doors squeak while others don't.
    05-28-09 08:45 PM
    I took a small eye glass cleaning cloth and stuck it under the battery cover and it works like
    A charm plus when I'm on the go if my bold gets to greesy and nasty I always have the cloth
    Handy

05-28-09 08:56 PM
    I just got a new battery cover it has solved the problem for now hopefully it wont come back.
    05-28-09 09:10 PM
    i just used the business card trick and now it only wobbles a TAD bit on one side. but now i cant do battery pull because the backing is IMPOSSIBLE to get off!
    05-28-09 09:18 PM
    i believe u can do a full reboot without pulling the battery. Press ALT + right SHIFT key + DEL at the same time and it will reboot. Same as a hard reboot i think.
    05-29-09 12:59 AM
    i just used the business card trick and now it only wobbles a TAD bit on one side. but now i cant do battery pull because the backing is IMPOSSIBLE to get off!
    Try to apply a bit of pressure downward (toward the latch) from the top corners of the battery door as you squeeze the latch on the bottom. If that doesn't do it, sometimes I little pinch in the center with the other hand helps.
    05-29-09 02:00 AM
    this is my 5th bold from rogers all the covers do it .......
    05-29-09 02:34 AM
    get it exchanged if you are still within 30-day replacement period. I got mine exchanged yesterday due to loose bezel on the left side (the area between usb and headphone jack isn't fitted properly) and slight wobbly feel of the battery door. Was hoping to get a made in canada bold but all the batches they have on Park Ave stores are made in mexico. Lucked out with the new placement, very solid so far and haven't found much to really complain about except I still can't get it to sync with outlook07 (tried on 2 PCs on XP).
    05-29-09 09:59 PM
    Check out the link in my signature, it is how I fixed mine....

Last edited by Rev. Big Country; 05-29-09 at 11:27 PM.
    05-29-09 10:44 PM
    i just had a random thought as well, if you have purchased the zagg shield for your phone and still have the battery door part for it you could use that as a gapping shim instead of electrical tape...no one ever puts the back on their phone because it will look like ****...
    05-29-09 11:28 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD