hello i have a blackberry bold 9900 (bought it 2 days ago, used), when i try to open a website on the phone browser other than a google search i get "unable to connect using the current security settings. please contact your service provider." but i am connected to wifi and all is well, and another thing is that i dont have blackberry app world? like how am i supposed to download anything without it and i cant even open any website. ive looked everywhere for a solution i went to shops everywhere no one helped and i searched everywhere on google and youtube and thats how i found crackberry so i decided to ask here for help. please help me as this blackberry bold 9900 is my only and main phone.
    thanks in advance.
    andreszs likes this.
    03-07-22 08:42 AM
    hello i have a blackberry bold 9900 (bought it 2 days ago, used), when i try to open a website on the phone browser other than a google search i get "unable to connect using the current security settings. please contact your service provider." but i am connected to wifi and all is well, and another thing is that i dont have blackberry app world? like how am i supposed to download anything without it and i cant even open any website. ive looked everywhere for a solution i went to shops everywhere no one helped and i searched everywhere on google and youtube and thats how i found crackberry so i decided to ask here for help. please help me as this blackberry bold 9900 is my only and main phone.
    thanks in advance.
    Can you return it?

BlackBerry pulled the plug on support for those phones... they can still work, but there is no App Store anymore.

Take a look at The Bold Explorer for some updated info like using Opera Mini for the browser.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-07-22 01:05 PM
    You can also have a look at BBOS Apps subforum (see the link below). I posted some 2022 tips for Opera Mini, Google Maps and two weather apps after January 2022 BB servers shutdown.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-os-apps-f35/

If you need email then Logic Mail app works ok with outlook.com and should also work with many other email providers (I use it with Primus.ca). But it won't work with Gmail due to their stricter authentication protocols. LogicMail has some limitations compared to the native BB BIS email app but most of them can be addressed using simple workarounds. Make sure that you get the last LogicMail version (2.2.0.85). You can find some LogicMail tips in post #12 in this thread:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13622353

In addition to Bold and BBOS Apps subforums you can also find lots of useful information in general BBOS subforum (see the link below). You don't need to go too far back. Anything posted before 2022-Jan-04 (BB servers shutdown day) is mostly irrelevant now.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-os-f298/

----------
    Btw, I am posting this from my BB Curve 9320 using Opera Mini v8.0.
    Last edited by Lex24; 03-09-22 at 02:13 AM.
    03-09-22 01:30 AM
    thanks for that i tried to install the opera mini browser 8.0 and it gives me an error saying '' 907 invalid JAR error!: control flow verification information too large: b
    i dont know what to do, wish you can help me, thank you.
    03-09-22 09:49 AM
    thanks for that i tried to install the opera mini browser 8.0 and it gives me an error saying '' 907 invalid JAR error!: control flow verification information too large: b
    i dont know what to do, wish you can help me, thank you.
    I know at one time that could be an incompatibly if you had an older version of BBOS. But if your on a 9320, your on BBOS7 so that isn't the issue.

Have you tried downloading it directly from you phone... without using the PC?
    Tired a reboot? Then try to install it?
    Have plenty of available storage and ram?
    03-09-22 01:18 PM
    The first thing to do after buying a BBOS device in 2022 is to wipe the OS and fresh install the last one available.

a) if the device is new it means it has been sitting in the box for a few years and has an outdated OS.

b) if the device is used it might have an outdated OS as well and, what's even more important, it was probably running connected to BIS (before the servers were shutdown), in which case some apps just won't work now on direct TCP connection.

The instructions how to reinstall the OS can be found here:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13459745

And to get the last OS available for Bold 9900 you would probably need to create a new thread. There was a thread about it on this subforum but I can't find it anywhere now. I have this OS saved at home, but it should be faster if you just ask for it on the forums.
    Last edited by Lex24; 03-09-22 at 01:50 PM.
    03-09-22 01:38 PM
    i have a bold 9900 with the latest BBOS7, i have tried installing it from the phone itself without the computer and got the saem error mesage. yep rebooting was the first thing i did. i have 4 gb available which is way more than enough for opera mini and i do have plenty of ram available. i have no idea what the problem is.
    03-09-22 02:10 PM
    i have a bold 9900 with the latest BBOS7, i have tried installing it from the phone itself without the computer and got the saem error mesage. yep rebooting was the first thing i did. i have 4 gb available which is way more than enough for opera mini and i do have plenty of ram available. i have no idea what the problem is.
    I do agree with Lex24... a fresh install might be in order.
    03-09-22 02:54 PM
    The only way to know for sure that the OS has been installed properly is to perform the fresh install yourself. I have found the thread with the link to the last OS for Bold 9900, it is in post #2 here:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13620247

Another benefit of the fresh install is removing from the OS all the components which you do not need or which no longer work (BB Maps, Yahoo Messenger, Facebook, Twitter, Chinese and Korean fonts, etc.). You do not have this functionality available when reinstalling BB10 or BB Android OS but it is supported in BBOS.
    Last edited by Lex24; 03-09-22 at 03:47 PM.
    03-09-22 03:19 PM
    The only way to know for sure that the OS has been installed properly is to perform the fresh install yourself. I have found the thread with the link to the last OS for Bold 9900, it is in post #2 here:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13620247

Another benefit of the fresh install is removing from the OS all the components which you do not need or which no longer work (BB Maps, Yahoo Messenger, Facebook, Twitter, Chinese and Korean fonts, etc.). You do not have this functionality available when reinstalling BB10 or BB Android OS but it is supported in BBOS.
    It was something like Shrink-my-os that I used back in the day to streamline a BBOS install.... I assume it's still out there somewhere.
    03-10-22 08:19 AM
    It was something like Shrink-my-os that I used back in the day to streamline a BBOS install.... I assume it's still out there somewhere.
    "Shrink-A-OS". As far as I remember it was originally a standalone Windows utility and was later integrated into BBH Tool:

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/6021/WU7DYS.png

I know it was popular with earlier versions of BBOSI but I don't see any reason to use it with OS 7.1. The native Application Loader Wizard (loader.exe) seems sufficient.
    Laura Knotek and andreszs like this.
    03-11-22 03:58 AM