Yeap guys you read it right.

I've posted a thread before but now I've managed to narrow down the problem.

My Bold 9700 somehow refused to open email thread/conversation (means more than one email) with '{' character in the subject. Nothing happens when I click the thread. The phone itself doesn't freeze, i still can do other things.

Anyone experienced this bug before?

FYI I use OS 5.0.0.656.
    Battery pull (and I mean physical battery pull) didn't help.

Any help or information will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, people.
    06-22-10 12:29 AM
    I find this happens to me sometimes. Weirdly enough, what usually fixes it for me is wildly pressing the trackpad down while pressing enter as fast as possible. Try it.
    06-22-10 01:32 AM
    LOL @ the solution... (and the fact that I tried it)

Anyway, so how did you fix yours? I mean permanently fix it? And what OS version are you using?

Single email with '{' in the subject works OK tho.. Only for threaded email.
    06-22-10 02:05 AM
    what is threaded email? that makes no sense to me...
    06-22-10 08:47 AM
    what is threaded email? that makes no sense to me...
    Oh I mean Gmail conversations.
    When you receive an email in Gmail and have one or more person replying, then you have threaded emails or some people call it as conversation.

Right now I'm already a bit frustrated and trying to upgrade my OS into the latest build. Let's just hope it can solve the problem.
    06-22-10 09:37 AM
    so this is in the gmail app? or the enhanced gmail plugin?
    06-22-10 09:40 AM
    No, not Gmail app.. I don't use any gmail apps..

I only set up my Gmail account in my carrier's BIS page as usual -> does this mean enhanced Gmail plugin? (Sorry a newbie here)
    06-22-10 10:55 AM
    OK.. Upgrading to .743 doesn't help.. Still cannot open those.

Any suggestion, friends?
    06-22-10 11:57 AM
    Yo,

Remember this thread?

Well just an update, in the end I decided to call my carrier and they connected me to RIM Singapore (I'm working in Singapore btw). They've managed to replicate this bug and acknowledged that the problem exists. They said they're gonna try to create a fix (software patch, maybe?) for this problem ASAP.

So anyway I decided to give them time & patiently waiting here..
    Let's say if after 1 month they don't come with any feasible solution, then I'll opt for replacement. (Hopefully I don't have to, because other than that software glitch, this 9700 has been working great for me).

That's my report so far. Have a great day ahead friends!
    07-01-10 10:32 PM
    Good to know that RIM acknowledged and decided to work on it.

Just curious to know, who sends you mails with those curly brackets in them? Ask them to stop using those . There is ( , [ brackets to use.

I have never got mails with { in the subject and I rarely use gmail, so havent come across such a problem.
    07-02-10 01:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD