View Poll Results: Do you think dcompworld.com is running a scam?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

43 95.56%
  • no

2 4.44%
06-10-08 09:56 PM
41 12
tools
    I fell for this... did the CC first and then it didn't charge my card and "Gilbert" emailed me RIGHT AWAY stating that they're CC processor was down. So i waited a few days and then did Western Union...well he kept emailing me saying he had problems getting the money... i even emailed him a pic of my reciept!!! lol... silly me!!! i wanted that BOLD so bad...

well....I ended up having to find out from Western Union that the RECIEVER name "stephanie townsend" was suspicious of being involved in FRAUD. So they wouldn't send the money through without certain things from this "stephanie" individual..i just told them to refund me...and they did so by giving me a new MTCN... I picked up my money...

crazy thing is I helped a friend lock up a dude that was finally caught in PARIS an entire year later after stealing $1000 from her... so i'm so glad that in this case..Western Union was on their job.

I still have my FBI connects...i'm gonna sick 'em on this Gilbert Bailon fella... i even searched him on myspace and found only one Gilbert Bailon...could be him.....hmmmm....

What do ya'll say? Leave 'em be or turn him in?
    I'm sure your "FBI connects" are readily waiting for your call, they have nothing else to do. How about you use a little common sense next time someone dangles a carrot in your face. Save the tax dollars for more important matters.
    06-07-08 04:46 AM
    I was asked to send money to Aurora, CO.

He told me they have two stores ..one in Cali and the other in CO. hmmmmm....
    06-07-08 04:55 AM
    YEah i feel ya....
    I have the number to a gentleman who works with the GBI (GA Bureau of Investigation)... My "FBI connect". He'll handle this!!
    06-07-08 04:57 AM
    dude have you ever been to colorado?
    06-07-08 05:07 AM
    nope...but i have friends there.
    06-07-08 05:17 AM
    LOL wow! I'd say huge scam! Buy 3 get 1 free on an unreleased BB is the first red flag, Western Union is is like a warning from the American Broadcast System, and the varied addresses and phone number are pretty much like an air raid siren. So how many people do you think fell for that one?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-08 06:08 AM
    What we should do is each send him an e-mail and try to engage him as long as we can with questions etc. Keep him real busy for no gain. Maybe it would be so unprofitable he would move on.

Just a thought.
    06-07-08 06:46 AM
    nope...but i have friends there.
    Welcome 2 CB!

Glad we aren't saying, "Sorry to hear that"
    06-07-08 11:29 AM
    yup that's def a scam its crazy how these websites are scamming people everyday. to some that may seem like a simple problem with a company's credit card machines, but without a doubt thats a scam...especially when the bold (which hasnt hit stores yet) is being sold for less than the price for most new 8330 curves on ebay (~$400).

glad you didnt fall into that and welcome to CB!
    06-07-08 12:03 PM
    Well, most places that host domains will shut it down if there is fraudulent activity. We will see what happens, I reported it just for giggles.

I also have asked the seller questions as well.. Good times.

He's still trying to use the same Western Union account.
    Last edited by gmgfarrand; 06-09-08 at 06:14 PM.
    06-08-08 04:08 PM
    I would think it risky to be entering credit card info, too. Wonder if the scam also involves collecting cc info for identity theft purposes??
    06-09-08 06:04 PM
    I work for a bank...and this really really sounds like a scam. I wouldn't suggest entering any type of cc # info or acct info... ususally when these scams come along, they get the acct info and send small charges through so you don't notice them, and then hit your acct for large amounts of money.. it's horrible to see how many people fall into these gimmicks. I would just recommend researching anything like this very carefully.
    06-09-08 07:47 PM
    such a lame scam! poor people who will get duped
    06-09-08 08:04 PM
    Scsm oh yeah thats def a scam.
    06-09-08 08:09 PM
    Send him a fake Western Union Money Order. Fire up Photoshop and crank out a few bogus ones, sit back, and watch him try to cash them at WU.
    The headlines would read, "Man arrested at the local Western Union trying to cash counterfeit money orders."
    "Yeah," he can tell the police, "I was scamming this dude and he scammed me back."
    06-10-08 09:40 PM
    I'm sure your "FBI connects" are readily waiting for your call, they have nothing else to do. How about you use a little common sense next time someone dangles a carrot in your face. Save the tax dollars for more important matters.
    BRAVO!!

I dont know how long some of you have had computer access, but all over the 'net, reputable sites will tell you DO NOT use Western Union. 10/10 times, it's a scam. I think I'm still amazed at how many gullible people there are in the world.

OMG! And to even include a poll for something so blatantly obvious is just ridiculous!
    06-10-08 09:56 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD