What an ***** that salesman was. Typical BS. My first BB was a VZW 8330 curve. The one and only reason I have a Bold is because I saw my sister-in-laws Bold and had to have one. She's still got her Bold and she's a little girly girl. Of course, she didn't slam the Otterbox Defender case on it like I did, which REALLY bulks it up, she rolls naked...hahhahaa

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 06:19 PM
    Bold indeed! It's the "brain", not the look
    Love this!!

Girly Bold user here!
    06-18-09 06:40 PM
    Futureshop sales reps aren't the brightest of human gene pool. They are just plain stupid. Anyone can buy a bold. you should get the bold !
    06-18-09 07:06 PM
    I have a Bold and will not part with it< Get the Bold and show that guy up anyone who would something like that probably thinks we cant put gas in our car either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    06-18-09 07:39 PM
    I have a Bold, it rocks and I'm a woman...nuff said...

06-18-09 10:34 PM
    Yeah, I see Babes with 9000's all the time.
    06-18-09 10:56 PM
    Clearly he has a point, the curve is obviously a more feminine handset being slimmer and sexier...

I'm in Australia , and maybe it's just the women we have here... But I know a lot of girls who will choose form over function.

If you want proof of this , go down to your local bar and check the ratio of iphone's to any other handset.
    06-19-09 06:19 AM
    What does the IPhone have to do with this thread?
    06-19-09 06:25 AM
    I LOVE my Bold. My husband has one too!
    06-19-09 08:40 AM
    I'm a woman, and I just got the Bold.

I wanted 3G, and the Bold is the only model from AT&T that has it. I don't care how pretty electronic devices look. I want them to have the better functional features.
    06-20-09 12:20 PM
    I can definitely see why the Bold can be considered a mans phone. But as a man, I have no objections with women using my device.
    06-20-09 12:33 PM
    What does the IPhone have to do with this thread?

I have no clue. And the poster didn't make any sense at all.
    06-20-09 01:14 PM
    Am I the only one that finds it coincidental that everytime a story similar to
    this is posted on CB, it comes out of Canada?
    06-20-09 01:17 PM
    Thays just rediculous! Why have a wallpaper of a half naked female or car? When you can have a wallpaper of a half naked female NEXT to a car.

J/K. Seriously though, I'm the only person I've even seen with a Bold since I got it a few months ago.

Haha. Good point!

Up until a month or so ago, I never spotted another Bold in someone's hands. But lately they're popping up here and there.

06-20-09 01:39 PM
    Before I upgraded through my provider, I went to my local Future Shop to check out all the newest phones/models.

I asked him about the Curve 8900 because it was newer, smaller and better camera etc...

And the guy said to me, the Curve is for "ladies" and only men get the Bold and said that every males associate who had a blackberry had the Bold.

Now I am not trying to be sexist like this clown was, but it got me thinking, just how many females actually prefer the Bold over the Curve? Or likewise?
    Lol, IMO, the guy you heard say that is full of ish...
    ...and needs to stick with Geico commercials.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 06-20-09 at 02:42 PM.
    06-20-09 02:00 PM
    It looks more masculine than the 8900 but it wasn't marketed as a man's phone, originally.
    06-20-09 02:25 PM
    just got the bold today and i LOVE it!!
    06-20-09 03:13 PM
    My wife has the Bold ... and she's totally enamoured with it, for good reason too. She had a choice of BB's and passed on the Curve. Nuff said.
    06-20-09 08:12 PM
    It is personal choice I love my BOLD, I am a girly girl who loves CARS NASCAR and my BOLD. Any guy who will say it is a guys phone is a **** low life and should loose his commission for the year. (who knows maybe the commission is higher on other phones than the BOLD??) I cant believe any sales person whould push any phone based on SEX and i would not purchase anything from that store or chain. Gee what to they say about any flip phone?
    06-21-09 11:30 AM
    Before I upgraded through my provider, I went to my local Future Shop to check out all the newest phones/models.

I asked him about the Curve 8900 because it was newer, smaller and better camera etc...

And the guy said to me, the Curve is for "ladies" and only men get the Bold and said that every males associate who had a blackberry had the Bold.

Now I am not trying to be sexist like this clown was, but it got me thinking, just how many females actually prefer the Bold over the Curve? Or likewise?

What kind of sales rep would say such a stupid thing? Isn't their job to sell you a phone that best fits you? I don't see how it matters what sex you are. Well, However, I sure hope I don't see a guy with a pink Pearl.

That would be weird!
    06-21-09 01:28 PM
    My brother has a 8900 Curve. You can call him feminine...

...and wake up three weeks later on "intensive care". LOL!
    06-21-09 01:48 PM
    My brother has a 8900 Curve. You can call him feminine...

...and wake up three weeks later on "intensive care". LOL!

WELL SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you
    06-21-09 02:24 PM
    Uh, people said the Pearl is for women but I got mine anyway! I don't need a phone to tell me my gender, or any one else's.

Bottom line: Get whatever BB suits your needs, and you like it.

06-21-09 02:28 PM
    i'm a girl and i love my Bold to death.
    some men actually prefer 8900 and some women prefer Bold so whatever suits your tastes and needs i guess.
    06-21-09 10:43 PM

This is true.

Last edited by fabuloso; 06-21-09 at 11:24 PM.
    06-21-09 11:20 PM
78 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD