06-22-09 01:25 AM
78 1234
tools
    Why Becuz Its Bulky??? 2 Each Its Own Naa Mean?? Haha
    06-16-09 11:51 PM
    I have a friend of mine who just switched to the javelin. She found the bold too bulky. I as a guy just think the bold fits my persona.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 11:51 PM
    That's funny, I always thought the Pearl was a girls phone not the curve. I bet he is their star salesman.

06-17-09 12:05 AM
    I would've fired back at him and said "I guess size does matter", then walked away.
    06-17-09 01:09 AM
    I'm a female and I have the bold and I love it.

06-17-09 01:56 AM
    Bold indeed! It's the "brain", not the look
    06-17-09 02:22 AM
    My girlfriend has a bold and she loves it...that guy must a *****.
    06-17-09 02:33 AM
    On the opposite side, I know a few guys who have the curve and they don't like the bold.

So I think its a matter of taste really.

06-17-09 06:32 AM
    I considered Curve because it has better camera and bigger ram, but I went with Bold because I'd rather have 3g, faster processor, bigger screen, and that I can't get EDGE with my provider. Curve 8900 isn't widely available here yet, so I don't see many people, either guys or girls, with it.

And oh, I'm a girl, in case my handle indicates the opposite.
    06-17-09 10:11 AM
    I went from a curve to my Bold and love it.
    06-17-09 10:25 AM
    OH! And the sales rep at the At&t store was a female- with a Bold. She also went from a curve...
    06-17-09 10:27 AM
    Before I upgraded through my provider, I went to my local Future Shop to check out all the newest phones/models.

I asked him about the Curve 8900 because it was newer, smaller and better camera etc...

And the guy said to me, the Curve is for "ladies" and only men get the Bold and said that every males associate who had a blackberry had the Bold.

Now I am not trying to be sexist like this clown was, but it got me thinking, just how many females actually prefer the Bold over the Curve? Or likewise?
    I wondered what Ward Cleaver was doing these days.
    06-17-09 10:27 AM
    My girlfriend has a Bold. I figured her for a Pearl kinda girl...I was surprised...pleasantly surprised when she showed me what she bought.

Before I upgraded through my provider, I went to my local Future Shop to check out all the newest phones/models.

I asked him about the Curve 8900 because it was newer, smaller and better camera etc...

And the guy said to me, the Curve is for "ladies" and only men get the Bold and said that every males associate who had a blackberry had the Bold.

Now I am not trying to be sexist like this clown was, but it got me thinking, just how many females actually prefer the Bold over the Curve? Or likewise?
    06-17-09 11:05 AM
    This is why I don't go to Future Shop to buy phones. They are a bunch of idiots ....
    Bingo! Idiots on commission to boot. To be fair, not all of them are that bad, but the good knowledgeable ones are few and far in between.
    06-17-09 11:14 AM
    Look the bold is for those people male or female who actually know what a blackberry is all about..

So go get yourself a BOLD as its not a sexist phone as for the curve i think its more of a lower class phone for those people who want to feel sexy and lower class at the sametime...
    What a ridiculous statement!!! I am female and would definitely use a Bold IF my Carrier sold it!!! That being said, the Curve is an excellant device and probably one of RIM's best sellers to date!

Don't put people down who don't even have the choice of using a device if their carrier doesn't sell it!

And by the way.......IT'S JUST A PHONE!!!
    06-17-09 11:21 AM
    my gf says the Bold is too big for her. shes 5'3, 105.

she has a curve.
    06-17-09 11:30 AM
    My GF has the Bold and Loves it . She hates the Curve :d
    06-17-09 11:30 AM
    Bingo! Idiots on commission to boot. To be fair, not all of them are that bad, but the good knowledgeable ones are few and far in between.

That's the thing that surprised me. They are on commission. My experience with Future Shop is they pretty much recommend anything to get a sale. I do agree, there are a few that are knowledgable and will tell you the truth. But the majority of them don't care. That's why I prefer Best Buy over FS any day.
    06-17-09 12:46 PM
    my gf says the Bold is too big for her. shes 5'3, 105.

she has a curve.
    What's that got to do with her height/weight??

I'm about your gf's height and slightly lighter, it's okay, I reckon. I've had bigger phones in the past.
    06-18-09 09:29 AM
    I have a bold and I'm a female. I love my bold!!
    06-18-09 10:03 AM
    I'm a dude and I have two homegirls who have Bolds so I dunno what that guy was smoking

06-18-09 01:03 PM
    I have a Bold and I love it very much!!!!!
    06-18-09 01:17 PM
    I have a Bold, and I'm pretty sure I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body. Does that count?
    06-18-09 01:18 PM
    Yeah the guy was an *****...

I upgraded through rogers after I spoke with customer relations and got a GOOD deal.

But Best Buy isn't any better. I used to work in the Home Theatre section for a year and a half an even though we get "no commission" we still have to hawk their products.

I hated trying to sell poor old people $100 Monster cables when they could get them for $3 bucks online etc... Or trying to sell them useless powerbars. Just because it wasn't commission didn't mean we weren't bound by the same rules. And had there been commission I would've made over $1500 just on boxing day, but instead all I got was time and a half for all my work.

But, back to the phone, the bold is great and what's so funny is I have seen 4 guys with the curve at my university so far and 3 girls that also have the Bold.
    06-18-09 06:26 PM
    Look the bold is for those people male or female who actually know what a blackberry is all about..

So go get yourself a BOLD as its not a sexist phone as for the curve i think its more of a lower class phone for those people who want to feel sexy and lower class at the sametime...

Listen now... i love the bold and many girls i have dated in recent times think its a sexy phone and wish they had such a phone and some girls stated its a man thing to have a bold, but they are jealous that i got a bold and they don't have one, but instead got a pearl or a curve...
    Lower class? WTF!!!! For starters I have the curve 8900 and in no way feel lower class. Now to answer the initial question, I am a woman and on the tiny side and have small hands hence one of my reasons for picking the curve because I am capable of holding it in one hand and typing and do not have to use both. Truthfully, either phone is great whether you are a man or woman, basically depends on your preference and what you like.
    Last edited by Anastayja; 06-18-09 at 06:56 PM.
    06-18-09 06:47 PM
78 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD