I've bashed the Storm before but honestly I've been using it for a day and it's pretty damn good. My initial impression is that it's rock solid and quite hefty. You think your bold is heavy--try the Storm. This thing is built like a tank. Seems like a totally different company built/designed it. The typing takes getting used to as with all touch screen phones but its actually not bad once you disable auto correction.

And ABOVE all? The phone doesn't drop signal in my office!!! Every Blackberry I've tested in my office drops signal as soon as I pick it up to type, check messages etc. The Storm lets me have a BBM chat when the Bold would drop. Impressed. It definitely has a stronger radio. It's running 4.7.151

The Bold's not going anywhere, it's still my workhorse. I'll probably sell the Storm to a friend or something. I need a physical keyboard. If the Storm 2 betters the Storm, than I think RIM will have a hit on their hands.
    07-17-09 09:43 AM
    Cool. I didn't read up alot on the Storm but every post/article/comment I do come across seems to always mention how buggy the device is.
    07-17-09 09:47 AM
    Yeah I dunno. Honestly I haven't came across any bugs. It's essentially running the same OS that we're on so if anything any bugs would be hardware related.
    07-17-09 10:30 AM
    I'd love to be able to pick up a cheap Storm for a backup, perhaps something to kill some time on. Everything I keep hearing has me curious, just can't justify spending a couple of hundred bucks on one, then getting it unlocked, only to have it sitting around... Still I'm keeping my eyes open for one, if and if I do I'll tell y'all how it holds up in my neck of the woods.
    07-17-09 10:43 AM
    I would also like to try one, but for the money I would get an iPhone to play with.
    07-17-09 10:47 AM
    I honestly would rather have this than the iphone. It's a lot more stable than early Storms. Brickbreaker is also fun on it. Haha. The clicking screen thing is actually a good idea because it prevents accidental presses of buttons like on the iphone. You can touch the screen all you want but you actually aren't registering any "presses" until you click the screen. I think it's a nice touch. You can also adjust the sensitivity of the screen.

I know I act like the Storm just came out but it's the first time I actually used it for a day.
    07-17-09 10:49 AM
    Eh, I debated picking up an iPhone instead, but figured that it would be easier to not have to change my plan around to keep data services. Each to their own really.
    07-17-09 10:54 AM
    I went from a storm to a bold. Used that phone since november... It is NOT good. That phone is built more like a turd then a tank, trust me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 01:31 PM
    Best of luck with that device. At least it's just an extra "fun" device instead of your main phone.
    07-18-09 01:34 PM
    I would also like to try one, but for the money I would get an iPhone to play with.
    Same

07-18-09 01:38 PM
    I used my uncle's storm a couple of weeks ago for a couple of days and I hated typing on it. I couldn't see what letter I was pressing. I would always hit the letter to the left or right of what I wanted to type. Everything else was fine though. If they made it so the letter you were pressing popped above so you could see it that would be great.

Oh yeah and loving my new bold. Converted from iPhone. Still go back to it one or two times a week to play games though.
    07-18-09 01:41 PM
    I am getting an unlocked storm in the mail shortly - I traded my old iphone for it so I am hoping my experience is the same as the OP. Not getting rid of the Bold or anything, just want a backup blackberry and hopefully one that is fun to use on occasion.
    07-18-09 05:01 PM
    Today I was updating software on my friend's Storm. That thing got me so
    frustrated it's no wonder the Storm forum is full of complainers. My goodness
    I was about ready to throw that thing against the ground, if not to his face
    for actually buying it.

That said, hopefully it's fun for you.
    07-18-09 05:39 PM
    If you want to try one for a low price just go to walmart and buy one on verizon then unlock it yourself. They have the 30 day grace period to cancel but you dont have to return the phone. You can only do that exclusively at walmart. I just didnt like the clicky screen too much. But I did enjoy movies playing at 30frames as oppose to 24 on the bold it just looked a little bit crispier on the storm.
    07-18-09 08:30 PM
    Not bad idea, i should check one out maybe i will hate it , Thanks for advice.
    07-18-09 09:32 PM
    If you want to try one for a low price just go to walmart and buy one on verizon then unlock it yourself. They have the 30 day grace period to cancel but you dont have to return the phone. You can only do that exclusively at walmart. I just didnt like the clicky screen too much. But I did enjoy movies playing at 30frames as oppose to 24 on the bold it just looked a little bit crispier on the storm.
    Is that true? Wouldn't this be a loophole to basically buy any phone you want at a cheap price?

I'd love to get a Storm as a "backup" to my Bold
    07-18-09 09:44 PM
    Today I was updating software on my friend's Storm. That thing got me so
    frustrated it's no wonder the Storm forum is full of complainers. My goodness
    I was about ready to throw that thing against the ground, if not to his face
    for actually buying it. That said, hopefully it's fun for you.
    I love it ... just wondering if you took into consideration that many times something new and different is frustrating until you get used to it ... follow me? To judge something on one use isn't really fair. If you're used to opening a flip phone or something like that and suddenly you're faced with all that the Storm has and the way it functions ... yeah I can see how you would be frustrated. I have a feeling this may be one reason some people are complaining about it. I was frustrated at first but the more I use my Storm the easier and more fun it gets.
    07-20-09 04:28 AM
    I can only think of two words to describe the Storm: akward and clumsy, the phone was a bomb, no wonder its selling for $99 less than a year after its release.

Last edited by JD914; 07-20-09 at 05:54 AM.
    07-20-09 05:51 AM
    Its selling for $99 cause the storm 2 is rumored to be released soon just like the iphone dropping there price before they released the 3gs

07-20-09 10:26 AM
    I wouldn't buy the Storm because of the experiences I have had with it. It is built nicely but I do not like the overall experience. I prefer my iPhone 3GS and my touchscreen device and my Bold. Very good combo.

07-20-09 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD