Well I foolishly jumped on the iphone bandwagon and dumped my bold 9000 for it...but i am happy to report I will be back in BB world in about 14 hours. Traded the 16 gig iPhone (should be called iToy as thats all it is) for a new 9700 and a used storm 1 and 100.00 bucks...plus some accessories.

super excited to be back. I can not tell you how much I have hated the iPhone....dont get me wrong, it does a lot really good, but at the end of it - its a toy, movies/games/music - i need a phone that is a phone/calender/email machine.....iPhone is horrid at those 3...and i personally couldnt stand the touch screen.

ahhh nice to be back...
    Sean
    12-16-10 07:20 PM
    Welcome back. *hands you a cup of warm hot chocolate*
    12-16-10 07:22 PM
    thank you.

on that note, thinking 14 hours in advance - any suggestions on a good theme that displays 2 or 3 calender meetings on the main page? had a great one on my bold - but i cant seem to find if the builder has done anything for the 9700 to?

TYIA
    12-16-10 07:37 PM
    Welcome back. There are a ton of "Hidden Today" themes out there, many for free, assuming you will be keeping OS5 on your 9700. Here is a few of my favorites: https://home.comcast.net/~foppa.themes/. They're by Foppa, the 20 and 17 I love.

When looking at other themes look for the "Hidden Today" option to display calendar appointments on the main screen
    12-16-10 09:40 PM
    I too went i 4 from my 9700...am getting used to it and the main problem is email, slow and a real problem some times when not in wifi if you get alot of large pdf s in emails.

It is more efficient than people say and i disagree with the toy thing after using it for 3 months.

I will still try the 9780 if ATT ever gets it and see which one i want...

Love the blk out 9780 and hopefully they will have themes and bugs fixed when att gets it.
    12-16-10 09:54 PM
    Make sure you install OS 6 on it for a new feel and better browsing / WiFi connection experience
    But forget about themes for the time being if you do.
    12-17-10 12:48 AM
    I got an iphone 4 when it came out. Just this week I finally switched back to my 9700 because the OS6 beta got better. Seeing people use the 9700 or any BB makes me miss it. Good thing I didn't sell it. Love using this phone again! I just use i4 for playing music in car or play games if I want.
    12-17-10 01:21 AM
    Well I foolishly jumped on the iphone bandwagon and dumped my bold 9000 for it...but i am happy to report I will be back in BB world in about 14 hours. Traded the 16 gig iPhone (should be called iToy as thats all it is) for a new 9700 and a used storm 1 and 100.00 bucks...plus some accessories.

super excited to be back. I can not tell you how much I have hated the iPhone....dont get me wrong, it does a lot really good, but at the end of it - its a toy, movies/games/music - i need a phone that is a phone/calender/email machine.....iPhone is horrid at those 3...and i personally couldnt stand the touch screen.

ahhh nice to be back...
    Sean
    Welcome back!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-10 02:57 AM
    Welcome back

12-17-10 06:54 AM
    I also came back after a period of totall iToy mess. And I won�t look back.
    12-17-10 06:56 AM
    Just love the tag "iToy" haha

12-17-10 07:08 AM
    Welcome back, I left for iPhone and came back for the same reasons.
    12-17-10 09:35 AM
    Welcome back
    12-17-10 09:38 AM
    As HeavyFluid told me:

Welcome (back) to the darkside. We (Still) have cookies.
    12-17-10 11:35 AM
    well i am up and running, dont have CB installed on the 9700 yet but once i get home and get everything tranferred over it will be on the list.

WOW I cant believe i ever made the jump - grrr, I missed BB so much.

The phone has os6 - so what do i need to know about this? i will start doing some reading so a response at this point isnt needed - but i was suprised to read its not well supported/loved yet.....any comments?

thanks again guys/gals for the warm welcome back
    12-17-10 12:38 PM
    As HeavyFluid told me:

Welcome (back) to the darkside. We (Still) have cookies.

umm cookies
    12-17-10 12:39 PM
    There's tons of info on the 9700 and OS6. It basically works great except for some issues (battery sudden drop in charge and memory leak mainly). Enjoy your trip back home!

12-17-10 05:51 PM
    best decision
    12-17-10 06:04 PM
    Os6 is slick, but does have some small annoying issues you may run into...nothing a battery pull won't fix, till it happens again.

Some things you may see....

Memory leak, depending on what verison you are using. Early leaks where bad, seem to get better with each build.

Battery life, while good...you might get the sudden drop from a certain% to low battery. Happens to a lot of folks, while some others don't have it. Me, I didn't have it on 2 out of the 3 leaks I tried, but is there.

Webkit is awesome, much faster, renders pages well, however some sites may be to big to load. Hoping a new leak eventually fixes that.

Besides those issues, you shouldn't run into many more problems, but each device is different, so here is hoping you don't.

And remember, if you don't like it, you can always Downgrade to os5.

Good luck!

12-18-10 07:56 AM
    Welcome back all.....Fat spliffs for everyone!!!!!! )

OhmEye likes this.
    12-18-10 02:59 PM
    well i am up and running, dont have CB installed on the 9700 yet but once i get home and get everything tranferred over it will be on the list.

WOW I cant believe i ever made the jump - grrr, I missed BB so much.

The phone has os6 - so what do i need to know about this? i will start doing some reading so a response at this point isnt needed - but i was suprised to read its not well supported/loved yet.....any comments?

thanks again guys/gals for the warm welcome back
    Good to have you back in the fold. I made the same mistake as far as switching, thought the grass was greener, and came running back to BB. Did you get your 9700 from a private owner? The reason I ask is that you said that you have OS 6 on yours and they don't come with that OS. Just wondering?
    12-18-10 05:51 PM
    Good to have you back in the fold. I made the same mistake as far as switching, thought the grass was greener, and came running back to BB. Did you get your 9700 from a private owner? The reason I ask is that you said that you have OS 6 on yours and they don't come with that OS. Just wondering?
    Its the OS 6 leak. I briefly had my BB on craglist and put on there that my BB had OS 6. Lol.

Congrats to the OP for coming back. Here my stattistics for coming back to BB.
    Android: tried a captivate for 3 hours, went back to att store, returned.
    Iphone 3gs: bought new from att store, went to school for about 5 hours, went back to att store.
    WP7: only last for 1 hour and 30m. Tiles were soo confusing and the cloud/facebook integration is too creepy and wayyy too many clicks to get simple things accomplished.

12-18-10 07:38 PM
    Welcome back! I recommend the iWave theme. It's sleek, sexy and seems like it should be the BB native theme. I cannot wait till the dev can make one for OS6.

12-18-10 09:53 PM
    The iPhone 4 is a great phone for some people. It's incredibly easy to use, has an amazing camera and video package, and is superior to to any blackberry on the internet. If that is what's important to someone then the iPhone 4 is a great phone. My wife loves hers. I can seriously say, it's not for me. Trying to type on it or any other touchscreen is a nightmare for me. I laugh whenever I read people saying they can type on their touchscreens just as well or even better than a physical keyboard. That's comical. My opposable thumbs love my keyboard. My wife has gotten used to her index finger typing but regularly tells me she misses her Curve's keyboard.

So I can see where some people would want to come back to the 9700. It just works for some people. I think you are in the minority though. Most people are buying iPhones and Droids and sticking with them.
    12-18-10 09:56 PM
    Back for good? Or probably looking elsewhere like Android when Gingerbread comes up? For me it's Blackberry and nothing else...
    12-18-10 10:19 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD