I live in the destruction area of Hurricane Gustav. It was reported that the main means of communications during the storm and aftermath has been with the Blackberry and textmessages and email. The news reported that it is because of these devises that people were able to communicate and I am a witness to that. I was able to keep in touch with my family with my BB when other means failed. Hats off to Verizon and Blackberry.
    david
    09-05-08 07:21 PM
    Hope you and everyone down there are okay David....and that the restoration efforts are swift.

One cannot relate to a hurricane unless you've been through one.
    09-05-08 08:31 PM
    Good thoughts headed your way...
    09-05-08 08:33 PM
    I am in day 5 of no power and will not have and for another 5-7 days. My sister has 14- 21 more days without power. The BB kept me in touch with the outside world.
    David
    Good thoughts headed your way...
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-08 08:53 PM
    Wow! I am sending prayers your way.

09-05-08 09:02 PM
    Hope all goes well for you man,good thing for blackberries

09-05-08 09:14 PM
    I am in day 5 of no power and will not have and for another 5-7 days. My sister has 14- 21 more days without power. The BB kept me in touch with the outside world.
    David

How are you recharhing?

09-05-08 09:22 PM
    Better yet, how is he posting at all?
    09-05-08 09:40 PM
    Better yet, how is he posting at all?

He is posting from his BB as it was "Posted from my Crackberry at wap.forums.crackberry.com"

I was kind of wondering about the charging thing too? Or he's spending a **** load on batteries. Hopefully he's got a way to charge.

Either way -- good luck down there! My cousin's grandparents were down there during a bad one a few years back and their condo was destroyed. I've never been through it, but I can only imagine. Stay safe and keep rocking the berry!!
    09-05-08 09:58 PM
    Portable generator. I have 2 in case of an outage.

09-05-08 10:41 PM
    I lost power for a week when we had the 4 come thru here 4 years ago and I recharged mine in the car. We didn't have a generator at the time.
    09-05-08 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD