Hi

I have a problem with my Bold in that when I receive an email I don't get the picture, images or logos in HTML emails. I get the text but thats it. Emails look the same as they did on my curve.

I have tried Vodafone but they were not able to help.

When I get an email say from eBay I get the text and thats it. There are greyed out areas where images should be. If I go to menu when I am in an html email and click "Get Images" it does. I want emails to open with images.

Vodafone suggested that I go to email-Options-email settings and then set "enable HTML Email" to Yes and "Download Images Automatically" to yes. Both of these were set at yes when I first checked. I have tried changing these to no and back to yes but still have the issue.

Anyone any ideas?

Alex
    10-07-08 04:55 AM
    OK HTML emails on the bold and I think blackberry in general are a bit complicated. Even though you have get images automatically ticked it won't do it. It is apparently a security feature to allow you to control data downloads etc. It is IMO a bit silly to have the option to get images auto on if it's not going to do it.

Thats the bad news

The good news is if you get an email from ebay and click get images once, then from then on all ebay emails willl automatically show the images, I think the images are stored somewhere again so as to minimise data downloads.

It is IMO opinion not the best HTML email system, I hear your pain, when you get an email you want it displayed in all it's glory right??..........LOL! wrong with the bold sorry.

Hope this helps
    10-07-08 05:07 AM
    OK HTML emails on the bold and I think blackberry in general are a bit complicated. Even though you have get images automatically ticked it won't do it. It is apparently a security feature to allow you to control data downloads etc. It is IMO a bit silly to have the option to get images auto on if it's not going to do it.

Thats the bad news

The good news is if you get an email from ebay and click get images once, then from then on all ebay emails willl automatically show the images, I think the images are stored somewhere again so as to minimise data downloads.

It is IMO opinion not the best HTML email system, I hear your pain, when you get an email you want it displayed in all it's glory right??..........LOL! wrong with the bold sorry.

Hope this helps
    Thanks bodisaffa.

Who's bright idea at Blackberry was it to set the email up like this?

I mean I love Blackberrys now on my 3rd but they don't make things simple. The reason Apple will sell lots of iPhone's is not that the product is that good but its easy to use and you don't need to worry about settings like this.

Alex
    10-07-08 05:49 AM
    Yup, couldn't agree more. As the bold is direct competition for the iphone you can't help but compare the features, this HTML email set up of blackberry's is not even in the same leauge.......LOL! they are not even playing the same sport!!
    10-07-08 05:58 AM
    I had a problem with HTML emails whereby there were no images to download - only getting the text. I deletd all of my service books and had them resent and HTML started to appear.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-08 06:48 AM
    What about images in HTML emails? Is there any way to have it display the HTML email in a "Desktop view" where you can pan left and right in addition to the normal up and down? It seems as though it tries to fit everything horizontally which causes some e-mails' formats to be very hard to read.
    10-07-08 07:06 AM
    The only option is to select get images , they display how they display .........Bodisaffa

10-07-08 08:39 AM
    I had a problem with HTML emails whereby there were no images to download - only getting the text. I deletd all of my service books and had them resent and HTML started to appear.

Wait, I'm sorry, what do you mean by "you deleted all your service books?"
    Do you mean you went into your BIS account, deleted all your email accounts, and then set them up again?
    Is there anything else I need to delete?
    Coz I am having this issue and I am not happy.

Thanks for your help

10-11-08 09:09 PM

Wait, I'm sorry, what do you mean by "you deleted all your service books?"
    Do you mean you went into your BIS account, deleted all your email accounts, and then set them up again?
    Is there anything else I need to delete?
    Coz I am having this issue and I am not happy.

Thanks for your help

No, on my BB I went into Options - Advanced Options - Service Book and deleted everything I could from there. Then I logged into my BIS account and chose Send Service Books.

This happened to a freind of mine too and what I can suss is when you backup the service books from an older model phone (ours were 8310s) and resotre them onto your new Bold it doesn't like them much. By deleting them and getting them resent it seems to make everything work.

10-12-08 04:45 AM
    i just tried this and we'll see what happens. hopefully they'll auto download now.
    10-12-08 07:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD