Has anybody who is using the new bold received any html emails on the o2 network, I have searched the forums and people are saying that o2 have upgraded the BIS (which I am using) to 2.5 so I should be able to receive html emails. But no luck.
    09-02-08 09:35 PM
    On my 8310 the only way I could get the images to load would be to enter apn settings, but this was chargable on O2 so I didn't bother.
    Although I hadn't tried on my 8310 for a while, the bold will download images without any apn settings (and therefore not chargable) if you select the "get images" from the menu.
    the actual html emails have been working on o2 BIS for about 3 months or so.
    09-03-08 01:49 AM
    I thought the bold would automatically download the email with images so I would not have to go to the menu and use the "Get Images" function, or am I mistaken?
    09-03-08 02:16 AM
    Well indeed, thats what I thought, and I have the options set to do that, but it just never happens unless I select "get images", to be honest its not a great issue as 90% of my emails I dont care to see the images anyway.
    If I think about it, its much like using outlook anyway, I only download images on the emails I want to really read.
    09-03-08 02:43 AM
    OK HTML as I understand it (I could be very wrong though) even though get images is ticked to yes you wil stiil have to select get images from the particular email you want the images for. Apparently this is feature by RIM to control how much data you use etc, also I beleive that once you have selected get images for one email any more emails from that sender will download images automatically without you having to do anything. I think the images get stored somewhere again to minimise data usage.

Maybe this will change with a new OS as unlimited data is more and more common.

Hope this helps
    09-03-08 02:52 AM
    Hi 'Contayjaknoa11', and a belated welcome to CB!

I must have missed your earlier posts, but would be very interested to hear (apart from the problem you mentioned) how you are getting on with your Bold on the O2 network?

Presumably you have full access to BB Maps... and how about MSN Messenger, or haven't you tried that yet?

Out of interest, did you buy your Bold unlocked, or from another operator?

Sorry for all the questions, but I am hoping to get a Bold myself shortly, and will be using it on O2.
    09-03-08 06:35 AM
    I wonder how 3G is working on O2. It seems to be a bit of a mess on Orange but since O2 has the iphone 3G i wonder if it works perfectly.

Also reading on other threads do you need a different sim card with 3g settings on it or do older sims still work ?
    09-03-08 06:49 AM
    My bold automatically displays pictures if I have already downloaded them.

For ezample my daily dilbert email has all the images downloaded except for the new comic. Presumable this is because its not cached because the headers download automatically.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-08 06:55 AM
    Got to say the bold is fantastic, no dropped calls, no loss of 3g. I got the phone via CPW on an orange contract but the phone is not network locked at all, just updated the software to .126, thinking of put .134 on it, sent the service books to the phone and hey presto all working fine. The blackberry maps are installed and working fine, sorry I have not tried MSN Messenger yet so I cant report anything on that.
    I have a 3g sim card in the phone so I can't say if the phone will work with older sim cards.
    09-03-08 06:58 AM
    That's good to hear, especially as regards 3g!

My simplicity sim is a 3G one so I assume it will work just fine.

09-03-08 07:05 AM
    Sorry i'm confused now, You got a Bold on an Orange contract but you are using it on O2 ?....so you now have 2 contracts ?

My sim is the first one i ever got...it used to be part of a larger credit card type that slid into my Startac a long long time ago...So i'm more than sure it won't be 3G
    09-03-08 07:10 AM
    What on earth was / is a startac??

O2 will replace your sim if needs be but you will need your number ported.

09-03-08 07:16 AM

O2 will replace your sim if needs be but you will need your number ported.

This is/was a Startac...my second mobile...had a Motorola 8700 before that
    my Startac was WAY COOL at the time
    Science Museum - Home - Motorola StarTAC mobile phone, 1997.

So if i got a Bold unlocked from CPW (my 8100 is still randomly giving me white screens) would then have to call O2 & ask for a 3G sim ?
    09-03-08 07:20 AM
    One of these, I guess!

No, I don't remember it either!
    09-03-08 07:23 AM
    That link won't open on the BB but thanks for posting it, will look later

Yes, just contact o2 for a new 3G sim.

09-03-08 07:29 AM
    THAT link works, thanks Montala

Methinks CGSCOT might go BOLD

09-03-08 08:33 AM
    hee hee....all depends on how long my 8100 continues with its white screen randomness & if the Javelin or Thunderstorm are close to release...if they are months away then i may have to go for a Bold until then.
    09-03-08 09:05 AM
    if the bold release fiasco was anything to go by the thunder and javeling should be here mid 2012
    09-03-08 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD