Just a point that i would like to make about a previous thread that has been closed, i am a complete novice in the SmartPhone scene.

Had an HTC Desire for the last 3 weeks (orange uk), encountered a thing with the Micro sd card called mounting and dismounting, could not for the life of me get it to do what i thought it should do,thought it was me being stupid but apparently there is a flaw in them that the sd card becomes unrecognised. i could not get the phone to "sync" at any price,well just 1,i purchased the "missing sync for mac" software (�35.00). still it would only "sync" randomly and only "mount" after a re-boot,got a refund on the software and have now sent the HTC Desire back to orange,they have null and voided my new contract and offered an HTC Desire replacement or another phone. I don't want the HTC and i am about to order the Blackberry 9700, hope that this phone is not plagued by the same,or, any other problems.

One more thing the touch screen is a nightmare as is the screen in any kind of bright/sunny situation.
    06-14-10 04:07 AM
    Yeah, the touchscreen sucks in the Desire because it's an AMOLED display. These won't work for **** in sunlight, unlike Samsung's Super-AMOLED ones or regular liquid crystal displays.

If you're still looking for a touchscreen phone with great features, much more fun than a BlackBerry/Android device and excellent global performance (better than Android) then you should look into the iPhone 4.

Getting a BlackBerry means very different use. It's the best device out there when it comes to messaging (e-mails, text messages and whatnot) but everything else is a complete pain in the ****.
    06-14-10 05:06 AM
    They are so different!

Much depends on what YOU are looking for in a phone. If entertainment, get the HTC. For dependable communications like phone and email the RIM device can not be beat!
    06-14-10 05:09 AM
    The HTC Desire is one great device. It is probably one of the top 3 Android devices made. You may of had a bug in your memory card and if I remember correctly you have to manage the card as you connect and disconnect the phone from the computer. If that phone was available in the USA it would sell off the shelf faster then the other top rated Androids. The specs on that phone are sick. The only flaw is viewing the screen in sunlight. I could probably live with that.
    PS, Will always keep my 9700.
    06-14-10 09:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD