My blackberry is connected to my Gmail. i can receive new emails no problem but can i view older inbox emails from Gmail as well? just like how in the Gmail app it loads the inbox for you every time you runs it including new and old emails.
    07-24-11 05:17 AM
    Where are you reading your emails? I can see 90 days of GMAIL on my BB.
    07-24-11 09:26 AM
    the folder under my gmail account. i only started the data plan few days ago so i've been gettint emails since then but can i view the ones in gmail inbox before i started my data plan? like to load them onto my bb?
    07-24-11 10:38 AM
    Not sure if this is the only or best way, but I use the "remote search" feature.

Select the bb menu key from within the messages app. Select search. Set the type to remote. Fill in the search parameters. For example, to search for messages "from" [email protected] enter part or all of that email address under where it says In "from: field". At the bottom make sure the mail service is gmail if you have multiple accounts on the device. Hit the back key and it'll ask to save the search. Name it something. When you exit the phone will show at the top of your messages app that it is doing that remote search and the results will be marked as search results. When you back out of that screen it'll ask to delete the results or not. BUT your saved search always remains under search > recall ...

Now what would be interesting is wildcard searches. But I have not tried those to see if they work yet.

Someone else might have a better method. And I use bb OS5 . So I am not sure these steps work on other versions.

(Edit). If you leave ALL parameters BLANK in the search I think it returns all messages. Though there appears to be a limit on how many returned and thus you have to select "get more" to view extra results. Not ideal if you want to view lots of old emails without a lot of loads.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by southlander; 07-24-11 at 12:25 PM.
    imastoned and monotok like this.
    07-24-11 11:56 AM
    the folder under my gmail account. i only started the data plan few days ago so i've been gettint emails since then but can i view the ones in gmail inbox before i started my data plan? like to load them onto my bb?
    Would have been easier if you said this in your original post.

You will only get new emails *after* you set up the synch. It will not synch all of your past email history.

If there are some that you feel are essential to have on your BB, you can forward them to yourself.

You can also access GMAIL using the browser. That will allow you to see earlier messages as well.
    imastoned likes this.
    07-24-11 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD