Downloaded it also, it works good
    06-10-09 01:36 PM
    It will never happen! It has nothing to do with RIM's inability to take off the sound. Its for security reasons! So others know when someone is using their phonecam to take a picture.
    I don't buy that. I've read it a hundred times and it just doesn't make sense. My digital camera doesn't make a shutter noise, and the video cam on the Bold doesn't make a noise. Using it as an audio recorder doesn't make a noise. I don't believe there's any law saying devices must perceptibly warn people that they might be having their picture taken or actions recorded. Programs like BerryAnnoying couldn't exist if there was a law like that. And even if it's not a law but just something RIM is trying to do, it's horribly ineffective... you could shoot video and then do a screen cap for a still shot in total silence if you wanted to go through the trouble.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-09 02:25 PM
    i tried all last night looking on how to do it, but can't seem to find a way? there must be an option to turn that off!
    Don't think that you'd be able to turn that off..
    It is sucks, I know..
    06-10-09 02:44 PM
    This thread inspired me to try using the camera in fullscreen mode, then instead of clicking the trackball, I used the convenience key assigned to CaptureIt to take a screenshot.

Doesn't work heh. Black screen.
    06-10-09 08:49 PM
    BerryAnnoying is awesome.
    06-10-09 09:03 PM
    I don't buy that. I've read it a hundred times and it just doesn't make sense. My digital camera doesn't make a shutter noise, and the video cam on the Bold doesn't make a noise. Using it as an audio recorder doesn't make a noise. I don't believe there's any law saying devices must perceptibly warn people that they might be having their picture taken or actions recorded. Programs like BerryAnnoying couldn't exist if there was a law like that. And even if it's not a law but just something RIM is trying to do, it's horribly ineffective... you could shoot video and then do a screen cap for a still shot in total silence if you wanted to go through the trouble.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i think there is a difference between the phone and a digital camera b/c if somebody sees you pointing a digital camera at them, they know you would be taking a picture of them. however, if you have a cell, you could just be texting or reading something....i think that's why they added the sound.

or it could have come from when people were taking pictures of credit cards at checkouts and using them to make online purchases....also i think where that little 3 or 4 digit security code on the back came from.
    06-11-09 05:44 AM
    Who cares this discussion has been around for as long and camera phones. Why not just accept the fact that it is what it is and move on.
    06-11-09 05:47 AM
    Like i posted before /// use berryannoying program it eliminates the SHUTTER NOISE.
    06-11-09 07:28 AM
    Here's my theory: RIM sends out these phones with the default right convenience key set to camera, so they keep the sound to tell new users that they're taking pocket pics
    06-11-09 07:59 AM
    there are 2 apps that do this very well on my 8900 peekaboo v1.2 (on my phone only 1pic at a time not 4) as well as camera mute app by fabian (this one has a mute & unmute function) they both work well .
    06-11-09 09:49 AM
    Where Can I Find Berry Annoying?
    06-11-09 11:08 AM
    06-11-09 11:11 AM
    06-11-09 11:12 AM
    Thanks!!!!!
    06-11-09 11:22 AM
    Yeah seriously who cares if people take pictures? If it's public it's public. Besides... Treos do this when in silent mode. Works like a charm.
    06-11-09 11:22 AM
    Thanks!!!!!
    No Problem
    06-11-09 11:25 AM
    the pantech slate has an option to silence shutter noise...so much for it being a 'stupidphone'...and blows just a tiny really huge hole in the "so people know they're being photo'd" nonsense.
    06-11-09 09:30 PM
    Mmm, probably not so much people. I worked in a GM plant for a while and they were very sensitive about camera phones (or any kind of camera) being in the plant. If they even thought your phone had a camera, you had to leave it at security. I guess if it was known that BB's had noise and could be detected, they may have eased up for those users. Doubt it, but it's my best guess.
    06-11-09 09:40 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD