Hello,

I would like to know how I can turn off my Blackberry Bold 9790 faster? Right now, after I turn off the phone, it still takes up to 10 seconds for the phone to finally turn off.
    Does it matter which cell phone provider I use? I'm with Telus right now here in Canada. I've also had the phone stay 'on' when I thought that it was off after putting it in my pocket. I already have the latest OS installed. Thanks!
    08-27-13 01:26 PM
    Hello,

I would like to know how I can turn off my Blackberry Bold 9790 faster? Right now, after I turn off the phone, it still takes up to 10 seconds for the phone to finally turn off.
    Does it matter which cell phone provider I use? I'm with Telus right now here in Canada. I've also had the phone stay 'on' when I thought that it was off after putting it in my pocket. I already have the latest OS installed. Thanks!
    The only faster way that I can think of would be to take out the battery. Is there a specific, compelling reason you need it faster than the normal shut down?
    08-27-13 01:30 PM
    @sashag:
    What version exactly is the "latest OS" you have installed? Do you mean latest official from Telus, 7.1.0.746, or the latest per the Sticky Thread at top of our 9790 Forum?

This might seem like a silly question, but how exactly do you turn off the device now?
    Why are you typically turning it off?
    08-27-13 01:43 PM
    Hi,

I turn off the Bold 9790 by clicking on the 'phone' button. I also turn off the phone by clicking the off phone app. Anyway, I was just wondering why it took longer to turn off the phone then it did to turn it on, which is pretty fast? If I can't do anything about the speed of turning off the phone it's fine. And to answer Elite1's question, yes, I downloaded the latest OS for the bold 9790. Thanks also to qbnkelt for her help.
    08-28-13 11:50 AM